Author Topic: WoW account  (Read 5120 times)

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
WoW account
« on: July 08, 2006, 10:51:52 pm »
ARGH!!!  I'm really angry rigght now and i need to vent.  When i first started playing WoW, i was using this kid's mom's account because she never used it, and i didn't play enough to pay for the account.  When i started playing more, i wanted to get my own account, but i didn't want to ditch my old character because i put a lot of time into it.  But now this other kid wants to use the account and he keeps logging me off when i'm playing.  I wouldn't be angry because im not paying for the account, but neither is he.  Now just today, i had just started to go through gnomer FOR THE 4TH TIME because i never finished it because of him, and he logged me off again.  So we got in this battle over diconnecting each other.  He has other characters on other accounts, but he NEEDS to use this one.  Now he's threatening to delete me character if i don't stop playing when he wants to.  I'm mad because he can controll me, and i can't do anything about it.  If i delete his character, he'll delete mine and most likly change the password of the account.  It won't affect him that much because he has other characters, but my character will be destroyed and i won't have any others to fall back on.  I'm pissed because he can just waltz in and take over the account i was using MONTHS before he was.  Now when i log on, i'll be halfway through gnomeragan without anyone for help(I'm lvl 26) getting rapped by 28 elites.  And he always talks to me through his other characters and tells me to log off, then loggs me off before i can tell him im in an instance.  When i try to use my friend to talk to him, he tells him to stop talking to him and ignores him.  I HATE THIS KID SOOOO MUCH!.
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
Re: WoW account
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 10:58:32 pm »
It isn't your account, dude =/
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Spiff

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 12:47:08 am »
Couldn't you get your own account? That seems like too much trouble to keep a character, compared to playing in peace and quiet. The kid probably hates you too, and rants on another forum about it right now. :P

Offline Spunky

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 01:10:36 am »
Simple answer, take a break. Why? because account migration is coming very soon. Then you can have 1) your own account and 2) your character.
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 02:24:49 am »
Simple answer, take a break. Why? because account migration is coming very soon. Then you can have 1) your own account and 2) your character.
3) remind yourself that it is a meaningless game

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 03:04:21 am »

The above is lies. LIES!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 11:57:57 am »
It isn't your account, dude =/

Yeah, as sad to say, it's his mum's account so your right to it is practically nonexistent really. You really should've just started a brand new character when you decided to play properly. That's all that can be said: Account sharing rarely works.

But, as Spunky said, there is light and hopefully, when they implement migration in the next patch (we hope) it'll include character moves from different accounts too.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 01:28:36 pm »
From the Blizz FAQ:

Who is eligible for account-to-account transfers?
Transfers between accounts are only allowed between accounts where you are the owner. To initiate an "account to account" transfer, you will have to answer the 'secret question' for each account, and the last name of each account holder must match.

Offline bamFUnk

• 'bout mah dick
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 06:23:42 pm »
Ugh, yea i know.  It just pisses me off that he can boot me while inside an instance. 
it's his mum's account so your right to it is practically nonexistent really.
it's not acctually his mom's account either.  And i probably will get my own account, i just don't know when.  I'll probably just sell everything that i have, send it to a friend, and have him keep it when i get an account.  Then when i start, i'll have 14g.  I'm acctually not mad anymore, because you're right, it's a meaningless game, and i'm probably better off without it.  Imma go take a bike ride 8)
In Canada cats grow on trees

Offline Spunky

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 10:08:58 pm »
From the Blizz FAQ:

Who is eligible for account-to-account transfers?
Transfers between accounts are only allowed between accounts where you are the owner. To initiate an "account to account" transfer, you will have to answer the 'secret question' for each account, and the last name of each account holder must match.

Yuu have no choice, you mst FAKE YOUR IDENTITY!

When it asks about card details, so what? Say its not your card, say its your mums or something  8) Easy

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 11:00:45 pm »

All games are meaningless. If you wanna reason like that, use all your free time for working overtime or for charity.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 11:41:11 pm »
All games are meaningless. If you wanna reason like that, use all your free time for working overtime or for charity.
He's not saying don't play it, he's saying there's no point in getting all uppity about it.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline PrescriptiveBarony

• Machinae Prime
  • Let there be blacklight.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 12:46:17 am »
He's not saying don't play it, he's saying there's no point in getting all uppity about it.

Yessir.

and let us remember, everything is meaningless unless we assign some meaning to it. So i guess what i should have said was not that it IS meaningless, but that he was creating his own stress by MAKing it meaningless, which there is no reason to do unless it makes you happy (like supporting sports teams).

i'm glad he has calmed down. Sanity will prevail! even on this forum...

Quote from: Drakonis
Everybody should just <3.

Smeagol

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 12:51:42 am »
Sanity will prevail! even on this forum...

Oh Radicz0r!

Offline Armakuni

• ARMAKUNI [SAYS]
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 01:02:03 am »
read the rules maybe  ??? Dont share accounts
 hope it will work out for you ^^
 good night!