Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 313219 times)

Offline Spunky

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2006, 08:25:15 am »
We returnuth! Topic recurrection rank 3!
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

MDX

« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2006, 01:51:55 pm »
I still haven't been able to install WoW =(

Start a "get MDX a computer of his own" fund.

Offline MMM_Donola

« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2006, 09:24:26 pm »
We returnuth! Topic recurrection rank 3!

I hear you get rank 4 at 'Machinae Prime' level  ;)
Not dead, just the worlds worst lurker.

Its all fun and games until somebody gets a FAIL!

Maelin, Undead 'lock, Emerald Dream EU
Perry_Cox_MD : Some Steam games, COD4, Gears of War, UT3, Kongregate
pcg_donola/pcg_dono : Other Steam games, various others
AD_Dono : Warcraft 3 TFT

Offline Spunky

« Reply #363 on: April 11, 2006, 11:07:43 pm »
Has anyone out there ever taken a break from WoW then come back?

I'm finding it difficult to get back into the game. Everything seems like a chore or alot of work for any gain.

I keep signing up to raids then get there and wish i hadn't cause its so boring. Its either still jetlag or maybe time for a change?

Anyone had similar events concerning a long off time then coming back?
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Offline MMM_Donola

« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2006, 02:13:48 am »
Actually Spunky, ive also been on a bit of a break from WoW for the last couple of weeks myself, and ive found it a little difficult to get back into.

I'll go back when i feel like it, but i tend to enjoy it so much when im there that i dont think it'll be long. Plus, being an officer, its fun ordering people around and making sure everythings going best it can   ;)

Of course, a little success in your guild can help too if you feel you're struggling along, or in that phase where MC is too easy, but BWL owns you.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #365 on: April 12, 2006, 09:34:38 am »
As a guild our progression was stupidly good. But then suddenlly it stopped the more people we invited. We killed more things in our guild of 24 than it seems we do now as a guild of 76 (With over 30 people still trying to join us).

I'm letting it all get sorted by other people and saying as least on the matter as possible.

We did MC on sunday from beginning to Sulf which is a first (But not really for me). We failed on onyxia because she has been buffed, we didn't have 40 people and we had 3 priests, none of which were dwarfs.

We wiped when i was last in ZG on bosses we have taken down before easily.

AQ20 we have never got back to Ossirian.

I've run out of steam to make the guild work so i'm just gona sit back and see what everyone else does. If the guild fell flat on its face i wouldn't really care. If it progressed then it would be cool.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #366 on: April 12, 2006, 10:04:31 am »
Maybe you should just take a break and rejoin when the expansion comes out, or wait till that new raid instance comes.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2006, 12:48:12 pm »
Has anyone out there ever taken a break from WoW then come back?

I'm finding it difficult to get back into the game. Everything seems like a chore or alot of work for any gain.

I keep signing up to raids then get there and wish i hadn't cause its so boring. Its either still jetlag or maybe time for a change?

Anyone had similar events concerning a long off time then coming back?

I really didn't care on last night's raid. I only came along because I wanted to hang around with you, Genki, Xianth and Chakira. The fact we were in Onyxia's lair meant nothing. I was just pratting about all night making stupid comments.

I'm really finding it hard to get back into it. I haven't even respecced my priest yet!

Offline Spunky

« Reply #368 on: April 12, 2006, 01:47:57 pm »
I went on Matthaus and got him 50% of a level. Got bored logged onto Vyse. Logged straight off and went to Kyoushu. Suboshi explained to me the Tier 0.5 quest line so off i went.  I didn't the first quest and paid 20g and got my tier 0.5 bracers.

I then went to do the 2nd quest, arrived in gadgetzan and he gave me a list of things i needed to give him.

In total its gona cost 100+g in materials to change my Shadowcraft Belt into this Darkmantle Belt which if its anything like the Darkmantle Bracers, sucks.

I went on kakisan and played in the new AV. its not as good as i thought it would be though i was definately getting more rep from 1) being in the main raid, 2) Blizzarding the CRAP outa the horde. But i just got bored and came off. 9k from Exaulted.

Then i went in sunday MC's raid and got bored at Ghennis or however you spell it. By Garr i was tired and just logged off. Last night i just regretted signing up at all. I got so bored i almsot fell asleep at my pc and just left the raid and went to bed.

And this is the game that is supposed to entertain me? I need to either refind that niché aspect of the game that makes me love it or take a break. The idea of taking a break seems impossible to me, but its turned into what counterstrike did for me.

Log on, do stuff, log off. A job. No fun, no enjoyment. No real reason. Its just there and you do it, like a bad habit.

Sorry if this is ridiculously angsty and moany, for some reason i thought i was on my LJ then realised i was here lol. I'm sure you knwo what i mean.

Offline MMM_Donola

« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2006, 12:03:37 am »
2) Blizzarding the CRAP outa the horde.

Awww poor hordies  :'(

At the point where the game feels like just a bad habit and runs out of fun for you, it may well be time to give yourself a break. It can be very easy for MMORPGs, in my experience, to get like that and once you get to that point you can either keep going, take a break and come back, or take a break and dont  :)

Usually the best option that ive seen is for people cut their subscription for a month or two or more, then start playing again. Usually things have either changed enough or it feels new and exciting enough again to start having some fun again, if it doesnt then it may well be time to stop playing altogether  :)

Offline Spunky

« Reply #370 on: April 18, 2006, 09:27:35 am »
Errr...... so where are these weather affects? I have yet to see one.

Lysander

« Reply #371 on: April 18, 2006, 01:21:46 pm »

They're random, supposedly.

And this is the game that is supposed to entertain me? I need to either refind that niché aspect of the game that makes me love it or take a break. The idea of taking a break seems impossible to me, but its turned into what counterstrike did for me.

The expansion comes out later this year. Cancel your subscription for a while and take a break. That's what im doing. :)

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #372 on: April 18, 2006, 02:28:59 pm »

I've seen the rain in STV a few times, and its rains quite a lot to Elywinn (sp?). Not seen the sandstorm in Tanaris yet though, or the snow in funny-dwarf-place.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #373 on: April 21, 2006, 01:33:41 pm »
Finally, the first of 2 hotfixes hit our pc's. But theres still much to be done it seems. Everyone is getting major lag spikes or constant red pings post-patch day.

Apparently Onyxia has been fixed and no longer wtfpwns everyone.

And i've done no weather yet.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #374 on: April 28, 2006, 11:44:30 am »
Last night on our 2nd organised MC raid we got the Bindings of Windfury drop for us. This is 1/2 of a legendary weapon :) Congrats to the MT who got it ^_^

We have been amazingly lucky as a guild i think, 2 ToEP's, 2 Medallions of Steadfast Might and the boots of Might. I hope it contiunes ^________^

Hows everyone elses guilds doing in terms of progress?

We have reached Golemaggs bridge, we hope to reach domo on Sunday.

Funny links:

http://www.narcissus-guild.com/raidassistant.swf

http://www.plunder.com/World-of-Warcraft---Raid-Leader-goes-Crazy-download-994.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU (not WoW related)

http://koti.mbnet.fi/djcowio/  (More minus fifty dkp stories)