Author Topic: Burnout 3  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
Re:Burnout 3
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2004, 06:34:56 pm »
Good Call Jamin, unfortunately Blockbuster only had the PS2 version.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Layson Juravis

• R.I.P. Max
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2004, 06:16:52 am »
get an xbox. get deus ex machinae. copy deus ex machinae on to xbox hardrive. get burnout 3. play burnout 3. disable annoying dj person. set sound track to deus ex machinae. enjoy.

yay!

That's a lot of money to spend in order to enjoy a game.

Layson
Another visitor...
Stay a while...
Stay forever!!

Mouhouhouhahaha

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2004, 10:18:13 am »
how about hacking the ps2 one to have dxm in it?
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2004, 10:36:19 am »
Nobby, if you can hardware hack and/or patch a PS2 to play CDs I want to see how...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2004, 06:22:03 pm »
It'd be easier to just turn the music volume to 0 in the game and put dxm into your cd player / computer / whatever.

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2004, 07:39:03 pm »
I have a chipped ps2. I was thinging more of swapping the music with dxm
^____________________^
               \__/

Smeagol

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2004, 07:39:16 pm »
erm that's what i do for every console game (that or an XMMS playlist, songs i know i like instead of SFX...i know which i prefer)

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2004, 01:28:56 am »
It'd be easier to just turn the music volume to 0 in the game and put dxm into your cd player / computer / whatever.

But that's cheating :P
For some reason I always leave default game music alone unless there's a way to import your own music.  Even if the game music really sucks, I'll leave it on.  I dunno.

ddrdude13

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2004, 01:34:31 am »

For some reason I always leave default game music alone unless there's a way to import your own music.  Even if the game music really sucks, I'll leave it on.  I dunno.
lol then I cheat all the time! I play CS on Xbox with A Perfect Circle, MaSu, and Celldweller playing on mah MP3 ^_^

Offline Layson Juravis

• R.I.P. Max
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2004, 12:58:41 am »

Obviously you've never played a game of the bust a move variety (especially the older ones) . Now that is grating music at its best.

Another visitor...
Stay a while...
Stay forever!!

Mouhouhouhahaha

Offline Layson Juravis

• R.I.P. Max
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2004, 01:01:24 am »
I have to more or less agree with Bearfoot on this one maybe. I think it's very good at what it is, and brings wreckless fun, but I got bored of it quickly... knowing full well I would have picked it up the next day had I not needed to bring it pack to the rental store.

It's very good short-termed fun, enjoy the chaos, be mindless at your best. But it's not an instant classic, it lacks that lasting appeal. That being said, I will probably purchase it once it becomes a greatest hit.

Layson
Another visitor...
Stay a while...
Stay forever!!

Mouhouhouhahaha

chompy

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2004, 06:48:08 am »
Well it depends on what type of game I am playing at the time. The only time I ever turn off the music is when I want to listen to a game, when it is intense. I.E. Quake, unreal and real racing simulators.

If it was on console or something I think i'd leave it on default.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2004, 08:15:04 am »
I still maintain that this'd be a great game to go and get drunk and play with a buncha friends.

Of course, from what I understand, EVERYTHING is better when you're drunk with friends...

I have to more or less agree with Bearfoot on this one maybe. I think it's very good at what it is, and brings wreckless fun, but I got bored of it quickly... knowing full well I would have picked it up the next day had I not needed to bring it pack to the rental store.

It's very good short-termed fun, enjoy the chaos, be mindless at your best. But it's not an instant classic, it lacks that lasting appeal. That being said, I will probably purchase it once it becomes a greatest hit.

Layson
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β