Author Topic: Burnout 3  (Read 7819 times)

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Burnout 3
« on: September 08, 2004, 11:43:32 pm »
BUY THIS GAME NOW! I got it yesterday and it is so damn good that it almost makes me cry. It's by far the best racer around, and it's great fun even if you usually hate driving games. Gorgeous graphics, ridiculously fast, brilliant opponent AI (they'll actually try to nudge you into oncoming traffic and obstacles); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and not to mention some absolutely jaw-droppingly amazing slow-motion crashes. You take out an opponent mid-race, and the game will slow down to almost a hault, the camera will woosh round to give you a look at the havok you've just caused, then spin back behind your car so you can carry on racing. IT'S SO DAMN COOL!!

;D ;D

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
Re:Burnout 3
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 02:12:06 am »
Ridiculously fast you say?  Fast as, say, F-Zero GX?  That's probably my favorite racer...  Really nice levels, controls were great, and you went over 1000 km/h most of the time.
If Burnout is anything like that, I might pick it up some time.

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 06:22:38 am »
Yes, Turtle.  Even low res screen caps at IGN.com look to be just as fast, if not faster.  

I'm going to rent before buying.. ok, I'm just going to rent.  I got a con coming up and I"m going to borrow about 500 bucks for it..  that's a lot of money.. :P
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 07:57:38 am »
Burnout 2 was pretty cool, does 3 still have the mode where your objective is to cause as much damage as possible? I wish there was a PC version, blah @ using my ps2 for racing.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 09:56:35 am »
Well, I'll rent the Xbox one some time.  I might start using Gamefly or a service similar to it...  I love Netflix to death so it seems like something like that for games would be a good idea.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 05:06:27 pm »
Ridiculously fast you say?  Fast as, say, F-Zero GX?  That's probably my favorite racer...  Really nice levels, controls were great, and you went over 1000 km/h most of the time.

hell

yes

Think I'll go play it now actually...

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 05:51:06 pm »
Burnout 2 was pretty cool, does 3 still have the mode where your objective is to cause as much damage as possible?

Yep, and it's even better now. You can play the crash mode with a friend split-screen and try to both cause as much havok as possible.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 05:53:24 pm »
Yes, over 100 of them, both single and co-op play.

Burnout 2 was pretty cool, does 3 still have the mode where your objective is to cause as much damage as possible? I wish there was a PC version, blah @ using my ps2 for racing.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Smeagol

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 08:31:43 pm »
i'll get sometime soon most likely... mebbe next week if i can be bothered, looks amazingly cool from what i've seen (and heard, obviously)

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 01:17:34 am »
Ah well...  Finally got F-Zero back from a friend, so until I can afford to at least rent Burnout...  I'll be visiting Captain Falcon for a while.

chompy

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 04:06:30 am »
It's by far the best racer around
I challange that!

Games supporting my argument:
 - Live For Speed
 - Need for speed : Porsche
 - Nascar 2003 (raceing season)
 - Grand Prix Legends
 - Grand Prix 3
 - Stunts
 - Streetrod
 - Richard Burns Rally
 - Collin McRae Rally 2
 - NetKar

It depends what side you are looking at it from. I've played the original burnout and that was hella fun. I loved that game.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 04:50:03 am »
Where is TNFS/NFS3/NFS4/NFS V-Rally2 on your list! :P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 10:10:05 am »
Im downloading it...
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 07:50:52 pm »
There's something primal about the concept of smashing shit up, isn't there?  I think that that's why teh Burnout series as a whole is pouplar.
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

chompy

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2004, 05:16:35 am »
Where is TNFS/NFS3/NFS4/NFS V-Rally2 on your list! :P
too many name to remember, they are the best ones I could think of at that time. :p