Author Topic: Last day for priority pre-order  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Neil

• I'm a llama!
Re:Last day for priority pre-order
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2004, 09:47:04 am »
Ejoj:

You've hit the nail on the head there... While people think its just a simple matter of speaking with a shop the reality is totally different. You may get a small chain interested but the larger chains will not deal with individual publishers such as myself. We have to speak with a Distributor and convince them to convince the shops to stock the CD's. It really is very difficult, long and at times annoying.

Thats how it all works... Band -> Label -> Distributor -> Shop. Ofcourse the permitations from the label part goes off in all directions. (believe me it's be so much easier for me if i was a Distributor rather than a label, but hey what the heck ;)

Even if we do convince a distributor to work for us it will still take time for the CD to wangle it's way into the shops.. It really is a long, painful journey.

Thats why i'm offering free CD's if a lead makes this happen

Offline Poisoned

• Go Panda Go!
    • GraveZero
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2004, 05:46:57 pm »
Toronto is a great place to distribute unmainstream bands. Next time i'm up there and not very busy i'll pop into a few of the CD stores and spread the word. If they are anything like Ginza I may not be able to get the word through but there are some places in Toronto that buy everything.

Grave Zero, coming atcha.

Smeagol

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2004, 07:16:17 pm »
i could try spreading the word round Hemel Hempstead but i'd most likely have been in a couple of fights before i got to the shops what with the townie scum problem round here