Author Topic: iTunes question for the band  (Read 6667 times)

Offline zerofive

iTunes question for the band
« on: January 12, 2005, 08:03:20 pm »
Have you guys ever thought about getting your music put on iTunes?   (the album I mean, not the free things for obvious reasons)  Apple has put up independant bands before, or if MBD doesnt want you putting the cd there why not have them work out a deal with Apple.  Its a great way to get known really well, really fast.  I'm sure there are lots of iPod owners amoung the Machinae fans, or amoung the would be Machinae fans if they knew about the band.
Just a thought   :)

Offline Neil

• I'm a llama!
Re:iTunes question for the band
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 09:58:46 pm »
We are currently looking at a possibility of something like this. It may not be for Machinae or it may not even be for us, we are looking into a new idea where digital downloading is a possibility.

Ofcourse any movement into digital downloading won't be made without the artists agreement, and at the moment we are just looking at a very impressive alternative to Itunes.

We may test the system on Remix64 Volume 1 to see if this technology proves to be as useful and as cool as it looks then if it works we might expand the idea.

I know i'm being sketchy at the moment, but we are looking into something right at this moment.

Smeagol

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 11:31:14 pm »
I know i'm being sketchy at the moment, but we are looking into something right at this moment.

the forum? ;D

where's captain obvious gone? :P

go for it, all the power to ya!

Offline Karva

• my avatar was a bit too big :)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 02:57:45 pm »

the forum? ;D

where's captain obvious gone? :P

go for it, all the power to ya!

I give the "Funniest jokes that suck" award to Smeagol. ;D
Rofl i had stupid mistake at my sig for weeks, i hope you didnt notice it ;P

Offline Lourens

• Yay!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 12:02:12 am »
Good luck! Oh, and please do keep publishing CDs as well, so that I can keep listening to Machinae...
"Sometimes emotion clouds my sight as I rejoice in life
I know to treasure my own zest for I am still young
I let my inspiration savior me from mundane strife
and I refuse to go unheard, my truth unsung"

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 04:43:17 am »
woah this sounds really bad ass - iTunes does have a massive following though, wouldnt it be good to get Machinae on there as well?

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 12:04:49 pm »
I'm using iTunes, but last time I checked the store it was quite mainstream. So some real music in there couldn't hurt.

Offline zerofive

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 05:36:04 pm »
Theres actually more things not mainstream than most people know (probably because they have never heard of them   ;D)  But really, iTunes is a great way to get the bands name out, considering now it reaches 75% of the interenet community according to Steve Job's keynote Tuesday morning.  I myself just ordered my a 20gb iPod and will be putting all my Machinae on it.  I have a pretty powerful fm transmitter so when I pass people on the highway using one theres will hopefully broadcast Machinae  :)

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 08:13:18 pm »
To be fair, Steve Job says a lot of things, but ipods and itunes are big things - obviously i have no idea about the business transactions needed to get a band on there but wouldnt it be worth the exposure?

chompy

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2005, 09:49:02 am »
I have a pretty powerful fm transmitter so when I pass people on the highway using one theres will hopefully broadcast Machinae  :)
ROFL just put on really crappy pop stations and like tale a car with pop music on full blast then pup it through their system.  

There are not that expnsive too those FM transmitters.

Offline tunicwriter

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2005, 04:27:29 pm »
Yes, as soon as I get $35 + tax (or s&h, depending how it goes); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES I'm getting an iTrip and when at long stoplights will scan the channels to afix it to surrounding cars. So, if they don't embrace MaSu, I'll stalk them :P

[Edit]

Oh, yes. iTMS would be a good thing for MaSu, not to mention bring them al little more into the light. I don't think any other "vendor" will do such a thing. Certainly not Real or ... Wal-Mart, if they've even released their music store yet.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 04:30:30 pm by TunicWriter »

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2005, 05:00:31 pm »
dont forget napster, they do an iTunes type thingy...and uh, Tesco do one too I think

Offline Neil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 12:57:28 am »
Itunes is something we've thought about a great deal, and not something we've over-ruled. However, our idea is that at the moment while the CD is selling there's no point at this stage to offer it on I-tunes. If we offered say Music from "deus ex machinae" immediately on I-tunes then the sense of producing a HARD CD would be pointless.

However, saying this.. Eventually, when the CD stops selling this might be explored in more detail.

Would you really want Machinae's next only album to be "Downloadable based" only?

Remix64 is now old, and sold pretty well, but these days sales have slowed to a crawl in truth this is why i want to test services with I-tunes etc.

Should I-tunes prove to work better for us than we expect then we may well change our stance. But, i'd rather try this with an out of date CD, rather than devalue a CD thats selling well like "DEM".

Offline Lourens

• Yay!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 10:54:42 am »
Well, I for one would want the next album on a real CD. Full quality, plays everywhere, and if I want it on my computer then I can easily copy it there. Not to mention that I don't use proprietary software, which you need to if you want to use these online music things. Can I pre-order a CD yet?
"Sometimes emotion clouds my sight as I rejoice in life
I know to treasure my own zest for I am still young
I let my inspiration savior me from mundane strife
and I refuse to go unheard, my truth unsung"

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 03:39:02 pm »
I agree with Lourens, i wouldnt buy music online unless it was drm-free flac or something.
^____________________^
               \__/