Author Topic: I need a hobby + BT angst  (Read 7276 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
I need a hobby + BT angst
« on: October 17, 2004, 10:40:58 pm »
Lately I found myself sitting on the computer for hours - giving me bad back, sore eyes and a tendancy to eat to much because I've got nothing better to do. I'm not suffereing from it or anything, but I just need something to preoccupy me when activity slows down.

Any suggestions? What do you guys do?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 09:57:49 pm by Laser »

Smeagol

Re:I need a hobby
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 11:09:23 pm »
erm, post on the forum ;D

i don't  really do much all day, i'm not one of those people who you always see going outside, i'm mostly an introvert

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 11:40:13 pm »
Well...I use far too much time in front of my PC. I *am* going to start excercising again, sometime. Martial arts, to be exact.

Also, I'm engaging myself in the local (academic) radio amateur club. Going to take the amateur radio licence exam in a few weeks. Of course, the club is really just an excuse for having a place to get drunk on cheap, expensive alcohol*...I'm usually here each weekend, plus maybe once or twice a week in the weekdays (thursday has been popular in the last few weeks).

*The club resides at Studentersamfundet, the local students society thing, or whatever the equivilant is. Basically, it's a big building full of interesting groups of students (and people who has taken higher education); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and one of the main interests of students are, of course, alcohol. So the place is teeming with public bars (not cheap); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and for those members who are also members of one of the subgroups, there's also the "apartments", which are really private areas, and so doesn't really serve alcohol. It's a joint effort. One guy buys all the drinks, and the others pay and get back what they've put in. And it goes only marginally green, so it's cheap...we pay a few kroner for the range of beverages, and with the exception of that, it's shop prices...and as the members of ARK (Academic Radio Club) have a refined taste, we have "cheap, expensive alcohol".
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Kasumi-Astra

• Square Moon
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 11:46:24 pm »
You could buy yourself a bike and go for a ride ;)

I own a GT... Mostly for getting to/from work, but if you've got a decent amount of coutryside near you, it can get infectious ;)

I loved jumping off dirt mounds. The only bad thing is that you regularly get nasty scrapes.

Skating is fun as well... No, not the ice or board varieties, what Skating used to be - inlines ;)

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 12:51:28 am »
yeh get a bike, I love my bike, so much freedom and the sense of getting somewhere using your own skill/strength (also what I used to love about sailing)

If you want an active hobby that doest require uber fitness to be good at then take up fencing, it rocks

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 01:26:16 am »
i do mountain biking, when my bike isnt broke :| still waiting for enough money to buy a new back wheel (jumped off a drop-off about 1 and 1/2 stories high, broke 9 spokes on the back wheel)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 01:30:40 am »
I snowboard in the winter. That's about it other than staying on my PC the rest of the time. Unless you consider obsessing over Star Trek a hobby.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 01:38:35 am »
Me, I bike everyday, but that's only to and from Univeristy/Students Society/etc. Then again: a)offroad biking would be a summer sport up here, and b) I don't have a bike fit for much. It's cheap and good enough for what I use it for.

In winters I snowboard a bit, too...

But really, I need to start excersising again soon. I'm turning fat and lazy...(well, okay, I've probably lost weight since I started here at Uni, but I gained about 10kg, mostly fat, in the army, and i want it off...also, martial arts are fun to train).
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

MDX

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 01:47:29 am »
My hobbies:

- i drum: learning jazz drumming techniques lately
- i play piano: making alot of new stuff lately, ill upload some if you want.. i converted the pieces into fruity loops from memory.. as i dont know how to read nor write piano scores
- i work out: shit loads.. too much maybe? I dunno..
- my band: its a hobby in a whole different sense that its not just playing piano/keyboard and drums.. but connecting it and remastering it again and again with my other fellow angelblade bro's

In saying all that.. i have a girl back in my life, one of the reasons i left this forum while back was because i had got my head fucked with her.. and i do blame her for it, and she fully takes the responsibility.. hence her coming to me and going for it again; if i had a pic i'd show you.. shes.. wow. personally i was letting it all go because i didnt think she thought much of me, sorta put her on a pedastal i guess.. self-worth problems! w00t!

Yeah i rambled there, the point was that i still have SHIT loads of free time on my hands.. and i could sure as hell use it to get to see her more often.. so im sorta kickin myself too.. i manage to source out all my hobbies but still fail to create time for ones that really matter. *sigh.wav*

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 08:18:14 pm »
where does all the time go?........

INTO A FUCKING DERANGED PLACE LIKE THIS!

i'm done (if you can' tell that i have no hobbies from this, please join n00bgrounds ;D j/k)

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 12:04:02 am »
*fap fap fap*

;)
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

MDX

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 02:08:10 am »
Magicman prints out my posts and holds them at night. Infact he has my avatar tattooed on his arm and my signature up his co.. ahem =)

God im stoned.

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 02:14:35 am »
Magicman prints out my posts and holds them at night. Infact he has my avatar tattooed on his arm and my signature up his co.. ahem =)

God im stoned.
Only up half of it. ;)
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline XoR

• Por Que, Dios!?
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 05:52:46 am »
A great hobby (IF you can get away with it) is robbing your friends and not tell them about it. It's starting to get pretty damn tough.

But who doesn't like a challenge?
Shut up, I'm awesome.

MDX

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 10:37:59 am »
lol.. :/