Author Topic: Laser Quest Scores  (Read 4534 times)

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
Laser Quest Scores
« on: September 26, 2004, 09:03:44 pm »
Hey, many of you might be aquainted with the total l33tness of Laser-Quest, big warehouses in complete darkness, laser guns, lots of people.. Well, this is the page to post your scores and boast of wins!

My first win came when i found the ULTIMATE hiding spot. I was in clear view, but no-one even noticed! I had to climb up the side of one of the balconies and there was a little pillbox that no-one had noticed (im not sure if this was meant to be there, but who cares?) I sniped away and picked everyone off, and got a score of around 600 or so. I only died once.

The next time i went, i decided to opt for another tactic, because it gets boring when you do the same thing all the time. I decided that if i covered the sensor things, then i wouldnt get shot. WRONG! Every second that the sensors do not give off their signal, 10 points are taken off your score. At the end of the game, I walked out and checked the screen, and my score was something -600...

The next time i went, a different arena! Challenging, with a balcony all the way round the top. I thought that this would be a hard one to maneuver around, so i came up with the tactic that if i kept moving then i wouldnt really get shot as much. I dived around and 0wned EVERYONE. I think people only managed to hit me about 10 times. I only died twice i think. I ended up with a grand score of 574! I know this doesnt seem much, but there were really experienced players there. What makes this score so grand is that i shot 100 times, and hit 97 of them!

At the bottom of the printout, it said "Your Country Needs People Like You!" [proud] w00t [/proud]

Smeagol

Re:Laser Quest Scores
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 09:10:34 pm »
there's something called Quasar round here which sounds almost identical, my top is 32k, ;D i shot about 27 targets (1000 each :)) and then just machine gunned the s**t out of everyone, no using scenery, against rules, so yeh...if i could i'd hide under a wagon they have there, almost impossible to see under from above.... but enough of that now

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 09:12:35 pm »
Lol that sounds good, but targets? we fight against each other :D and scores are lower, like 10 points per hit or something.

Smeagol

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 09:20:23 pm »
yeh, targets, they fire back aftwer you set them off for 30 seconds...ouchies.... and can have up to 40 people playing at one time, EXTREMELY fun when you get all the little 6 year old kids, get machine gun, aim downwards, walk foward slowly laugh manically, Top Gun, come on! ;D ahhh fun days

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 09:35:15 pm »
im pretty sure individual laser quest places score differently - my local place has unfortunately been shut down but until it did I was a regular, and pretty darn good if i do say so myself

Offline ПФББЧ

• Has lovely moobs
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 10:59:22 pm »
lazer quest pwns. there used to be a bridge you could lie UNDER and no-one could hit you but it didnt trigger any negative points...
^____________________^
               \__/

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 11:01:11 pm »
Lasers? Pffft, real men play airsoft(Soft? More like OMGWTFBBQ THE PAIN!!111!1). Granted it hurts, both you and your bank balance. There is still nothing that compares to having what looks and feels like a real gun and knocks your target down. Best one is still shotgun blast to the back when being sneaky. Oh the pain. :P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 11:54:54 pm »
Airsoft? You mean paintballing ?? :D :D paintballing pwnz soo much, even though it should be renamed to PAINballing, it fucking KILLS when you get shot in the nutz0r3z.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 12:12:25 am »
airsoft is much more painfull than paintball lol

Smeagol

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 12:42:29 am »
i'm just waiting for Laser to come along and ask why people have been getting Quest Scores off of him...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 12:42:41 am by Smeagol »

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 02:44:03 am »
ok just so this thread wont go to complete waste  lets talk a little Laser Quest.

The place I used to hit every saturday had this system where if u scored over a certain amount a certain amount of times u cud hand in ur score sheets and get a "card", your card was your rank. It started on yellow and went up to...something, black maybe.
Anyhow, once you got to green (I think) one of the prerequisites for getting your card was you had to go one on one with someone of that card or higher. A one on one laser quest duel was a beautiful thing. It worked like this:
each pack has 10 lives before it has to recharge
If you get shot you get ONE "reflex" shot and then cannot shoot or be shot for 5 seconds, then for a further 5 seconds you can be shot but u cannot shoot (unless you get shot, u get ur reflex shot as normal.)
That might sound a little complicated but it was a fantastic system which led to frantic reflex shot attempts and lots of ducking and dodging during that vulnerable 5 seconds. These duels would usually take place on one of the raised areas with usually no more than 2 or 3 feet seperating oponents. It was an awesome experience and yes, I rocked  ;)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 04:38:37 am »
Airsoft is nothing like painball other than your shooting something with something at something. :P

There is no paint, your shooting BBs. It hurts, alot. You don't generally wear full body protection in paintball, but you probably should in airsoft unless you want to be injured. Then again I know alot of people that play without any safety gear other than maybe a pair of safety glasses and a helmet.

End result is a painful bloody mess, maybe a scar or two. Oh and you don't want to get shot in the balls with airsoft weapons, some tend to be very high powered, you won't be having children. :P

Some beautiful examples:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/product/product_detail.jsp?prodID=8915
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/product/product_detail.jsp?prodID=10961
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/product/product_detail.jsp?prodID=12662
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/product/product_detail.jsp?prodID=8926
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2004, 08:09:31 am »
I remember going to a Laser Quest a couple of times when I was a little kid.  I remember pwning quite a bit for my age, thanks to lots of Doom most likely.

There was also a Quasar I went to once...  Wasn't as much fun, but still cool.  I wish there was still a place like that where I live.

Smeagol

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2004, 07:40:10 pm »
ok just so this thread wont go to complete waste  lets talk a little Laser Quest.

The place I used to hit every saturday had this system where if u scored over a certain amount a certain amount of times u cud hand in ur score sheets and get a "card", your card was your rank. It started on yellow and went up to...something, black maybe.
Anyhow, once you got to green (I think) one of the prerequisites for getting your card was you had to go one on one with someone of that card or higher. A one on one laser quest duel was a beautiful thing. It worked like this:
each pack has 10 lives before it has to recharge
If you get shot you get ONE "reflex" shot and then cannot shoot or be shot for 5 seconds, then for a further 5 seconds you can be shot but u cannot shoot (unless you get shot, u get ur reflex shot as normal.)
That might sound a little complicated but it was a fantastic system which led to frantic reflex shot attempts and lots of ducking and dodging during that vulnerable 5 seconds. These duels would usually take place on one of the raised areas with usually no more than 2 or 3 feet seperating oponents. It was an awesome experience and yes, I rocked  ;)

yeh they have that in Quasar (thing where i live) as well, cept it's 6 seconds after you get shot, first 3 you can't get hit, other 3 you can, you only get an immediate reflex shot, so it's great against small little kids, they get really scared as well ;D

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2004, 08:32:56 pm »
thats the way laser quest is ment to be played!

the otehr place in belfast jsut has "cant be shot for 10 seconds" so lame...no tactics

god i miss it :(