Author Topic: GRAAH!  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
Re:GRAAH!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2003, 12:24:11 pm »
And yeah, Win2k is boring...but at least it's stable  :-*
Same reason why my wife picked me... Boring but stable.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Wintress

• Machinae rocks!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2003, 01:11:42 pm »
And yeah, Win2k is boring...but at least it's stable  :-*
Same reason why my wife picked me... Boring but stable.

ROFLMAO!! ;D ;D ;D
"You don't have to like flour just because you happen to like buns!"  ;)

chompy

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2003, 12:38:31 am »
My win2k copy that I installed the other day is fsked, "borked". Fcuk forumatting a 120 gig hard drive now. You know how long it takes to format a 120 gig hard drive through the windows installtion thingy? ages

Remember kids don't play around in the administration tools --> services tab if you don't know what you are doing.

K CU Bye :D

chompy

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2003, 09:20:46 am »
After about 3 hours formatting and install, I got my hard drive back to normal condition. 1 installation of 2k, and another of XP Sp1. Thinking about puttying linux on it but I am afraid the boot loader might do something wrong.

Offline shinmai

• shinmai/SubEXiT
    • shinmai.tk
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2004, 03:39:59 am »
Don't worry about the bootloader. LILO will do the job just fine, as long as you install the linux on one of the two first partitions of the pshysical disc. (It can be installed on further partitions, but LILO won't boot it without heavy tweaking.)

I'm running a box with XP+SuSE+Debian using LILO and havn't had any problems at all with any of my systems.

TOP3 mistakes people make when using a PC:
1) Using the root/Administrator account for "normal" use. Especially on Windows this is a problem. If you surf the net as the Administrator, every single JavaScript, JavaApplet+other damn shit, also get's administrator crecendials. Both windows and linux feature extensive tools, to run single programs or services/deamons as root.

2) Trustin -ANYTHING- made by Norton after the year 2000. It's a commonly known fact that Norton Anti-Virus is one of the worst commercial AV programs (if you want a decent AV proggie, try F-Secure for instance, it's not free, but BELIEVE me, it's one of the best); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES not to mention InternetSecurity and it's multiple security holes.

3) Not running any Anti-Adware/Spyware software, and/or clicking on varios banner ads..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 03:41:42 am by shinmai »
SubEXiT --- the Only way Out!