Author Topic: Age of mythology..  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
Age of mythology..
« on: September 17, 2004, 06:59:23 pm »
Oy, that game just grabbed me by the gonads and didn't let go.  I got about five hours of play last night and I'm about to sign off the forum to play somemore... I <3 it...

I think it's because the mythological orientated story makes much more sense to me than the AoE story.  Plus seeing minotaurs bat around men like toys is always cool.. *fling whee!  Fling whee!*
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Smeagol

Re:Age of mythology..
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 07:24:41 pm »
2 words

begins with Dungeon ends with Keeper

'nuff said

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 08:27:52 pm »
Dungeon Keeper does indeed kick ass. But I just finished a Civ3 marathon. I was the Japanese in WWII Pacific :o I rooled.

Smeagol

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 10:07:18 pm »
eh, civ 3 has too much flashy stuff for my tastes, civ 2 i feel was the best of the commerically released ones, just a right balance between civ 1 simplicity and 3's flashiness

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 02:28:39 am »
Have DK2... can't run it on XP.. at all.. and currently there's no emulatior that'll run it.

Fortunately Evil Genius really really has the same vibe as DK.  It seems like it's going to be a lot of fun. (Played the demo)

2 words

begins with Dungeon ends with Keeper

'nuff said
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

chompy

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2004, 04:24:17 am »
Yea AoM is a good game but it also lacks a few thing that AoEII had - long multiplayer games and the amount of units you can choose from the massive races.

Also if you like AoM you should also try RoN (Rise of nations, I love that game)

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2004, 10:39:33 am »
I loved the demo of DK2...  Too bad it doesn't work on XP.
I wish they'd make a new Dungeon Keeper.

Smeagol

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2004, 01:03:05 pm »
works on '98 :P i win ;D

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2004, 05:44:50 am »
DK2 works on XP. Just crashes after a few minutes of play :P
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2004, 08:43:25 am »
Mine wouldn't even install...
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Smeagol

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2004, 03:29:02 pm »
yeah but Fallout 2 works on XP, not 98 anymore, damn! DK or Fallout 2..... too hard to call

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2004, 08:58:00 pm »
I'd go with both.  Around here you can get a 2 pack with both fallout 1 and 2... though I understand they're getting a bit hard to find.  Best part though, ten bucks...

Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2004, 10:30:24 pm »
yarr!! 10 dubloons be a fine price to pay fer such a prize! better yee to plunder it from yon games galleon!

chompy

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 07:10:19 am »
I paid bloody 40 bucks for my Fallout 2 /1 pack and I have never regretted it. *note about 28 USD . But a few things to take into consideration: Interplay is no good any more, they would only ship it to america (including canada IIRC) and it is a rare find in Australia.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2004, 06:31:20 pm »
Hell, guys, if I find it I"ll grab a couople and we can talk about recompinsation.. YOu guys are like family to me and it's something I'd do for family.
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β