Author Topic: Damn admin... + World Affairs  (Read 13706 times)

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
Re:Damn admin always want something...
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 05:39:31 pm »
Wouldn't you launch a pre-emptive strike to crush any threat to National security?

Now that's a nice and clean way to put it...

Maybe I'm not as interested in politics as a I should, but on the other hand, but I guess most people aren't. Nobody knows all the facts and usually discussion is reduced to "Bush is  prick" or "Saddam is evil". So I don't even try give my opinion, but what scares me is how people are constantly manipulated.

If you dig deep enough and present your beliefs appropriately (--> propaganda); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES you can come up with proof for every opinion und justify every action - and people will follow like lemmings. We can find numerous examples in history and people always say "Nah, that won't happen again. Nowadays no one would be that stupid". And yet we can witness the first small steps toward such a direction. In language for example.

The media taught us to describe war with euphemisms like "preemptive strike", "precision strike" or "collateral damage". Unbelievable how quick this has become everyday language! And hey it works, it's really a lot easier now to speak about war, isn't it?

Offline V-man

• .SID Vicious
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 05:56:33 pm »
well said bateman

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2004, 07:13:39 pm »
I have very strong opinions about Bush..

And I have very strong opinions on the United Nations, the European Union, the former Soviet Union, Islamic Facisms, and Palastine.

But neigh, I'll not express my Amerikkkan Evil powers of Corporate Greed Facism Baby Killing opinions here for fear of getting banned, because it seems Machinae Supremacy shares your views "Fallout", for they have links to Axis of Justice, and Michael Moore.

Axis of Justice? What justice is it turning a blind eye to Iraq and its people?

By the way, my post was based on factual evidence of the records of Saddams weapons of mass destruction and the countries that had intelligence that pointed to his cache. Yours was based on ad hominem attacks on the President himself. Why arn't you attacking Tony Blair, Junichiro Koizumi,  Prime Minister Belka, Prime Minister Oddson,  or John Howard, and calling them corrupt "evil" people?

What country are you from anyway?

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2004, 08:53:05 pm »
Very nicely said Bateman. It is true we are all becoming rather 'complacent' about war. I think it's not only because of the media's 'watering-down' of events by using such terminology as you said, but also because it happens SO DAMN MUCH. There is at least 30 wars happenin on earth every moment, whether border disputes, civil wars or major international conflict. Because of this, I think the world has taken to war as a part of life. They've (and by that I refer to the world population (especially West) in general) begun to accept it - but of course they are always thankful "that it's not happening here".

And Turin, yes it may be unfair for Fallout to attack the President head on, and not other political leaders (although I'm sure he copuld if he could be bothered). But what you must realise is that Bush is the centre of gloval politics, and by being centre of global politics he should expect scrutiny and hate and criticism for everything he does. Please don't be insulted, it's nothing against the American nation, it's merely an attack on the state of the world, which Bush happens to be the centre focus of.

Or maybe Fallout has personal reason to hate Bush...

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2004, 09:06:31 pm »
Very nicely said Bateman. It is true we are all becoming rather 'complacent' about war. I think it's not only because of the media's 'watering-down' of events by using such terminology as you said, but also because it happens SO DAMN MUCH. There is at least 30 wars happenin on earth every moment, whether border disputes, civil wars or major international conflict. Because of this, I think the world has taken to war as a part of life. They've (and by that I refer to the world population (especially West) in general) begun to accept it - but of course they are always thankful "that it's not happening here".

And Turin, yes it may be unfair for Fallout to attack the President head on, and not other political leaders (although I'm sure he copuld if he could be bothered). But what you must realise is that Bush is the centre of gloval politics, and by being centre of global politics he should expect scrutiny and hate and criticism for everything he does. Please don't be insulted, it's nothing against the American nation, it's merely an attack on the state of the world, which Bush happens to be the centre focus of.

First I would like to say, that War is apart of human instinct and I never think war will ever end. Plato once said "Only the dead have seen the end of War". And yes I would have to agree with that. But you see that some wars are justified and some wars are not. Also I would like to say that the Media in America is increasingly liberal and it doesn't water down the war. It merely escalates it to fuel hatred of the violence that is unanimously hated here. I hate it, we all do, but sometimes its necessary.

Bush is not really the centre of global politics, only the politics and foriegn policy of the United States of America. I think Kofi Annan is more over the centre of global politics. Although he is doing bare minimum to save the poor Sudanese people from Genocide and thereover letting another Rwanda happen.

Some of you never lived through September 11. Some of you never had to sit and watch plane after plane crash into the World Trade Center on national TV. I have grown to realize that the Iraq War is one of those justified wars. But whether it is justified or not is relative to the person. I am sure if Fallout had a friend whose cousin died in the World Trade Center then he would have a different viewpoint on whether what Bush is doing is justified or not. As I know I do. In this reasons are the way I cannot see, how you can call him corrupt and not say someone like Jaques Chirac of France is corrupt? Remember Oil for Food scandal?

I have a personal reason to defend Bush, and I highly doubt Fallout has a personal reason to hate him. Hate is a word that fueld terrorist attacks around the world. I have seen Fallout also want to "assasinate Bush". Why? Explain please.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2004, 09:22:46 pm »
I agree, war is what makes humans humans and it will never go away. Which is why we are so used to it.

But I disagree about your point that some are justified and some are not. All wars are justified to somebody's eyes, whether the outside world also sees it or not (and also whether the person in question has enough reason for it or not).

Kofi Annan should be the centre of global politics. His position says he is. But the fact is he's not seen on television half as much as Bush is. That is why he's the centee, because he is the person that everybody sees.

I think everybody has seen 9/11 and it effected us all, but for you it effected you much more than any of us Europeans could ever imagine. I'm very sorry for it.
But wasn't the Afghanistan War the reply to 9/11. The Iraq War is something else. Yes there was the terrorist activities, but the Iraq War was to expell Saddam Hussein, a threat to America in another way.

Oh, and who gives a shit about France? ;) (and then joins a French person who takes insult to that...)

And also, I do'nt agree with turning a blind eye to issues (whatever that Axis of Justice is). I agree that Bush was right to make a reaction about it. War or not? I do'nt know.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2004, 09:25:51 pm »
...so that there will not be a 9-11 in YOUR countries, or a Beslan, or some random Suicidal attacks from fundamental extremists.

I come from Northern Ireland, so y'know - moot point

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2004, 09:27:46 pm »
...so that there will not be a 9-11 in YOUR countries, or a Beslan, or some random Suicidal attacks from fundamental extremists.

I come from Northern Ireland, so y'know - moot point

Oh yeah, and the Basque train attack in Madrid....

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2004, 09:31:30 pm »

it's merely an attack on the state of the world, which Bush happens to be the centre focus of.

very insightful there, an excellent point....somehow I doubt that Turin guy is coming back...probably expects the usual flames etc from most forums

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2004, 09:39:19 pm »
Oh he's gone :( I was quite enjoying that.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2004, 09:51:46 pm »

First I would like to say, that War is apart of human instinct and I never think war will ever end. Plato once said "Only the dead have seen the end of War". And yes I would have to agree with that. But you see that some wars are justified and some wars are not. Also I would like to say that the Media in America is increasingly liberal and it doesn't water down the war. It merely escalates it to fuel hatred of the violence that is unanimously hated here. I hate it, we all do, but sometimes its necessary.

Bush is not really the centre of global politics, only the politics and foriegn policy of the United States of America. I think Kofi Annan is more over the centre of global politics. Although he is doing bare minimum to save the poor Sudanese people from Genocide and thereover letting another Rwanda happen.

Some of you never lived through September 11. Some of you never had to sit and watch plane after plane crash into the World Trade Center on national TV. I have grown to realize that the Iraq War is one of those justified wars. But whether it is justified or not is relative to the person. I am sure if Fallout had a friend whose cousin died in the World Trade Center then he would have a different viewpoint on whether what Bush is doing is justified or not. As I know I do. In this reasons are the way I cannot see, how you can call him corrupt and not say someone like Jaques Chirac of France is corrupt? Remember Oil for Food scandal?

I have a personal reason to defend Bush, and I highly doubt Fallout has a personal reason to hate him. Hate is a word that fueld terrorist attacks around the world. I have seen Fallout also want to "assasinate Bush". Why? Explain please.

1 - i cant be arsed pointing out other corrupt leaders, because i would be typing out the entire list of politicians in the entire world. everyone is corrupt these days, and you just have to live with it. it helps blow off some steam with some bush-hating sometimes though, because he, no matter how much you deny it, IS the centre of global politics.

2 - i cannot seem to recall when i have wanted to "assassinate bush." but still, i wanna anyway coz hes a f00l.

2.5 - Echelon has probably picked up "Assassinate" and "Bush" in the same sentence and is now sending over cops to question me... *hides*

3 - war is -NEVER- nessacary.r />
4 - if i had a cousin that died in the WTC attacks, no i wouldnt beleive that war was the right way forward. think of all the iraqi people's cousins. some guy in the UK might have had a cousin that died in the wars by american hands. its just needless war. i know different people have different views but im sure everyone agrees with me here that war is NOT nessacary, ever. there were ways around that war in Iraq; a peace treaty, assassinate Saddam, assassinate fucking BUSH. but im not in the mood to talk politics. if i was, this post would be pages long. and turin, im from the UK. i'd just like to point out that i hate -all- world leaders, not just bush.

All in favour of hating world leaders, raise your hand.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2004, 09:58:00 pm »
~raises hand~

No, war is never necessary. There should always be a reasonable way around it. There would be if everyone's considerate and rational, but people rarely are, and so we have wars. Depressing, but true. And that brings me back in a perfect circle to my point that there are many annoying pricks in the world starting with (note that I said starting and that I said it was the beginning of my list the first time round): Bush.

Oh yeah, see my signiture? I've had for a little while now. That song is about his feelings when he woke up one morning and saw the planes crash into WTC. I think the line I quoted is significant about the different reactions people had to those events.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 10:02:30 pm by Laser »

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2004, 10:02:55 pm »
and;

Tony Blair,
Saddam Hussein,
Osama Bin Laden,

(the french leader, the german leader, the russian leader... you get my point.)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2004, 11:07:43 pm »
Let's hope for WW3, then according to the timeline we'll launch our first warp capable ship and the vulcans will visit us and then we'll form the federation! I want my starships! Phasers! :P

* Ankle goes back to watching ST:TNG
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2004, 11:38:46 pm »
Well my friends from Europe.

What is the reasonable way of dealing with Islamic Facism and Terrorism?

You say theres a way around, so answer.

I'll check back later tonight.