Author Topic: Damn admin... + World Affairs  (Read 13394 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Re:Damn admin... + World Affairs
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2004, 07:12:52 pm »
Their own.

They may have been ill-equipped, but it would've been a major struggle to face enemies from 3 fronts. Even Hitler would'nt've been stupid enough to immediately declared war on all 3.

Hitler later found out that the Russian front was unmanageable when the cold weather was too much for the Nazi troops.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
Re:Damn admin always want something...
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2004, 11:01:57 pm »
Was it neccesary when Hitler was trying to counquer all of Europe and Britain pre-emptively attacked him?

Britian only attacked after Hitler turned his eyes towards France, a faithful ally of Britain, if they had stayed back Britian would have gone down too, the whole of europe under Nazi rule. Sometimes war is neccesary to stop things like that, but there is normally a better alternative

Wrong, shows you what you know about history.  ::)

Hitler attacked Poland, and on September 1st, Britain and France gave him an ultimatum to cease the attack. On September 3rd, Britain and France both declared war on Germany.
While they did declare war, they did not actually physically attack Germany until after France was attacked. So technically, he was correct.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2004, 11:35:41 pm »

to be honest, I actually think that its fair enough to wage war on saddam, I mean lets face it the guy was laying the genocide down on his own people. All the smoke and mirror bullshit about WOMD was just silly. If bush and bliar had just come out and said we are goign to war because:

1) this guy is a fucking genocidal maniac and it doesnt seem like anyone is going to stop him.

2) we want his oil

3) he has a shitty moustache

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2004, 11:51:40 pm »
3) he has a shitty moustache

NEVER trust a man in a moustache. The bigger, and more well-cut, the moustache the more deceitful he is.

Hmmm, yeah.

Smeagol

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2004, 11:52:56 pm »
bigger, more decietful

Hitler anyone? :)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2004, 03:17:07 am »
Yes, but if they had used those reasons, they would have had to attack a few friendly states as well, which are also rather oppressive to their people.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2004, 02:06:59 pm »
Yes, but if they had used those reasons, they would have had to attack a few friendly states as well, which are also rather oppressive to their people.

Yeah, we won't we attack Mugabe, who was being rather nasty to his own population. Tha'ts because, "we like him" politically, even though he's a bastard.

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2004, 09:00:05 pm »
i think he may have been trying to inject some humour into the thread, obviously i was wrong

Lol, humour indeed :) nazi's are still scum though ;D

Quote from: Fallout
Well said, but thats the -only- type of war that is nessacary. WIPING OUT NAZI SCUM

This is a foolish comment. Nazis or Islamic Extremists? Both kill Jews. Both are radical and irrational. Are you saying you think Saddam is not as much of a threat to freedom as Hitler was?

Ah let them all wipe themselves out, who cares? As long as they dont attack the UK im fine.. oh and Sweden :) and Ireland, and Canada.. but who's gonna attack canada? :p They are no threat to anyone!! XD

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2004, 10:24:03 pm »
Quote from: Fallout
Ah let them all wipe themselves out, who cares? As long as they dont attack the UK im fine.. oh and Sweden  and Ireland, and Canada.. but who's gonna attack canada? :p They are no threat to anyone!! XD

I really though I had proved my point and this thread would go away. But I guess not.

"There is no terrorists threat."
-Michael Moore

.... One day when a bomb explodes in a crowded UK subway, you'll change your mind.

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2004, 03:36:14 am »
I think its maybe time to realise that people are taking humour in antagonising you because you appear to be very opinionated, just loosen up man. I mean a shit load of atrocities have happened in my own city, not to mention my country but you dont see me getting all up tight about british people, irish people, catholics or protestants or whatever. I mean if I came on here saying "oh no one should say anything bad about gerry adams cuz blah blah blah" I would expect a bit of a ribbing.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2004, 08:18:16 am »
I dunno but this feels on topic.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Outboundlight

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • No Art Films
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2004, 04:57:33 pm »
my point exactly  ;D

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2004, 09:25:50 pm »
Somehow..... don't ask me how, but somehow, I don't think that site has reputable proof. Interesting theory though and one that I'm sure will NOT be used by an Oxbridge Professor of Biblical Studies.

Although it is true that the Swastika is based on the Christian cross. I seem to remember it was taken from the symbol of the Knights Templar, but do'nt quote me on that!

Smeagol

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2004, 11:49:17 pm »
Somehow..... don't ask me how, but somehow, I don't think that site has reputable proof. Interesting theory though and one that I'm sure will NOT be used by an Oxbridge Professor of Biblical Studies.

i'd use it if i was an Oxbridge Professor of Biblical Studies ;D wooo sack time!

MDX

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2004, 11:50:48 pm »
FUCK THAT!

WINE AND BEER AND WEED!

w0000909090909090 9? fuck off 9 who fucking invited u dickhead.. fucks sake.. such a party stopper.. fucking.. 9... ffs.