Author Topic: Damn admin... + World Affairs  (Read 13392 times)

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
Re:Damn admin always want something...
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2004, 12:01:45 am »
Why is war necessary? Why is the death of hundreds, thousands, millions of people, whether military or civilian - men, women, children - from either side of the conflict, such an easy choice to make? Why must a dispute turn into bloodshed. Wha'ts the point of so many to suffer that by the end of it there are less to see the after-effects.

War is horrible, war is vicious, it's scary and it's wrong. Wrong because it takes so much away.

I ca'nt give an answer to your question. If I could I would be announcing it on national television and the world's eyes would open and see the logic. But I can't; I'm a 20-yr-old university student sitting at home and talking on a band message board. I do'nt have answers, I just have opinions and my opinion is that war is a terrible thing to have. I just wish...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 12:07:31 am by Laser »

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2004, 12:40:13 am »
Well my friends from Europe.

What is the reasonable way of dealing with Islamic Facism and Terrorism?

You say theres a way around, so answer.

I'll check back later tonight.

We arent expert tactitians.
But i can give you a clue as to how it could have been resolved peacefully:

A peace treaty. - Saddam agrees to destroy his *american accent* "weapons of mASS destruction" for a small fee.. err bribe.

Or, more preferably:

Assassination of Saddam. - Simple, just get someone into Iraqi ranks, and get him to assassinate the bastard.

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2004, 02:25:53 am »
Why is war necessary? Why is the death of hundreds, thousands, millions of people, whether military or civilian - men, women, children - from either side of the conflict, such an easy choice to make? Why must a dispute turn into bloodshed. Wha'ts the point of so many to suffer that by the end of it there are less to see the after-effects.

War is horrible, war is vicious, it's scary and it's wrong. Wrong because it takes so much away.

I ca'nt give an answer to your question. If I could I would be announcing it on national television and the world's eyes would open and see the logic. But I can't; I'm a 20-yr-old university student sitting at home and talking on a band message board. I do'nt have answers, I just have opinions and my opinion is that war is a terrible thing to have. I just wish...

My answer to that a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

But you have to understand that you do not sit and ponder about whether or not to attack a threat. You do not wait until it hits you in the ass again. You must be swift and decisive.

War is horrible and vicious, but so was the September 11th attacks onto people who did not enlist to fight. They were no different then you or me on a band message board. So are the Beslan attacks in Chechnya. Just normal kids going to school, they never wanted to fight. So are the suicide attacks in Israel. So are brutalization of Muslim women under Shari'ah law in Islamic countries. To prevent all of these, is war still horrible and vicious? Yes. But the key is to prevent more horrible and vicious acts.

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2004, 02:31:25 am »
Well my friends from Europe.

What is the reasonable way of dealing with Islamic Facism and Terrorism?

You say theres a way around, so answer.

I'll check back later tonight.

We arent expert tactitians.
But i can give you a clue as to how it could have been resolved peacefully:

A peace treaty. - Saddam agrees to destroy his *american accent* "weapons of mASS destruction" for a small fee.. err bribe.

Or, more preferably:

Assassination of Saddam. - Simple, just get someone into Iraqi ranks, and get him to assassinate the bastard.

Exactly, we arn't expert tacticians. They are. The corrupt "global leaders".

Ok lets say Saddam takes a "bribe" to stop developing WMDS, whats to stop him from starting up?

Lets say we get a CIA official to go in and snipe him. Job completed. Then Iran says "Hey WTF?!" And then Saudi Arabia says "WTF AMERIKKA?" Then, another member of the Baath party rises up more brutal and terrorifying then Saddam ever was. Example being Uday Hussein, the man who threw women into rape rooms for being sexually impure. You have to realize that killing one man will not stop a whole idealogy of hate. Thats like killing George Bush and thinking that it will end the Republican party. You cannot, simply because there are thousands in his administration. Also the Vice President Dick Cheney. And in the event he is assassinated, the Secretary of Defense jumps in.

There arn't simple solutions to big problems. If you are not a "expert" tactician, why are implying it is so simple?

Also, you stated that War is never neccesary.

Was it neccesary when Hitler was trying to counquer all of Europe and Britain pre-emptively attacked him?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:51:34 am by Turin »

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2004, 01:12:30 pm »
11th attacks onto people who did not enlist to fight. They were no different then you or me on a band message board. So are the Beslan attacks in Chechnya. Just normal kids going to school, they never wanted to fight. So are the suicide attacks in Israel. So are brutalization of Muslim women under Shari'ah law in Islamic countries. To prevent all of these, is war still horrible and vicious? Yes. But the key is to prevent more horrible and vicious acts.

That was my point. Why must hundreds of civilians be hurt in order for somebody else's cause. My point is that I hate anybody that starts wars/attacks/whatever on others where innocent, unsuspecting individuals are mercilessly caught up in the violence.

What you must understand, Turin, is that, from my own point of view, I hate everyone. Anybody that acts in the knowledge that people will get hurt in the process, whether directly or indirectly.

Of course, things are inevitable, if somebody attacks or threatens you, one of your few options is to fight back (and you can't run away from the world). But if everybody stopped and thought and would stop just reacting to other's actions then we might live in a better world. The best example of this is Israel/Palestine conflict. Palestine's bomb, Israel's attack with tanks, Palestine's react with another bomb, Israel attacks... and so on. I wish they hadn't had a reason to react in the first place, then that place wouldn't be so screwed up.

Why did Hitler want to conquer Europe? Because he wanted to make Germany great again. Why? Because it had suffered so badly after it lost the First World War. Why? Because it had sided with the Austro-Hungarians, whose leader had been assassinated by Serbians who desired independence. If the damn Austrians had listened to those Serbian freedom fighters in the first place then maybe the world wouldn't have gone to war, twice!

My point: everything is a reaction. We need to backtrack.

My standpoint isn't an attack on America, it's an attack on the world.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 01:14:39 pm by Laser »

Smeagol

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2004, 03:54:09 pm »
Was it neccesary when Hitler was trying to counquer all of Europe and Britain pre-emptively attacked him?

Britian only attacked after Hitler turned his eyes towards France, a faithful ally of Britain, if they had stayed back Britian would have gone down too, the whole of europe under Nazi rule. Sometimes war is neccesary to stop things like that, but there is normally a better alternative

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2004, 04:26:46 pm »

Britian only attacked after Hitler turned his eyes towards France, a faithful ally of Britain, if they had stayed back Britian would have gone down too, the whole of europe under Nazi rule. Sometimes war is neccesary to stop things like that, but there is normally a better alternative

Well said, but thats the -only- type of war that is nessacary. WIPING OUT NAZI SCUM :D:D:D

Smeagol

Re:Damn admin... + World Affairs
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2004, 05:14:13 pm »
and Kurt, you forgot him

Offline Fallout

• Machinae Prime
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2004, 06:36:21 pm »
yeah, and kurt.

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2004, 06:42:12 pm »
and Kurt, you forgot him

Who? Who's this Kurt? I've never noticed him....

^ sarcasm, yay

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2004, 06:42:15 pm »

Wrong, shows you what you know about history.  ::)

Hitler attacked Poland, and on September 1st, Britain and France gave him an ultimatum to cease the attack. On September 3rd, Britain and France both declared war on Germany.

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2004, 06:44:58 pm »
Quote from: Fallout
Well said, but thats the -only- type of war that is nessacary. WIPING OUT NAZI SCUM

This is a foolish comment. Nazis or Islamic Extremists? Both kill Jews. Both are radical and irrational. Are you saying you think Saddam is not as much of a threat to freedom as Hitler was?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 06:45:40 pm by Turin »

Smeagol

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2004, 06:51:22 pm »
i think he may have been trying to inject some humour into the thread, obviously i was wrong

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2004, 07:03:32 pm »

Hitler attacked Poland, and on September 1st, Britain and France gave him an ultimatum to cease the attack. On September 3rd, Britain and France both declared war on Germany.

Had the USSR joined Britain and France in that ultimatum, then the threat may have been large enough to discourage the Nazis and cause them to avoid war with the 3 most powerful states in Europe at once. This means that war may have been avoided, at least for some time.

Offline Turin

• I'm a llama!<--True.
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2004, 07:07:54 pm »

Had the USSR joined Britain and France in that ultimatum, then the threat may have been large enough to discourage the Nazis and cause them to avoid war with the 3 most powerful states in Europe at once. This means that war may have been avoided, at least for some time.

The USSR, at the time that Germany invaded Poland, was ill equiped to enter a major war with Germany. Their weapons were far inferior to that of the Nazis.

But then again Soviet forces seized eastern Poland in September 1939; entered Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania (which were later converted into Soviet republics) in October 1939; and seized the Romanian territories of Bessarabia (later incorporated into the Moldavian Republic) and northern Bukovina (later added to the Ukrainian Republic) in June 1940.

Whos side were they on?