Author Topic: Hallo! *Waves*  (Read 9334 times)

chompy

Re:Hallo! *Waves*
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2004, 02:13:27 am »
I've played a bit of Civ2 back in my time, but I thought that Master(s?) Of Orion 2 (MoO2) was a much better game because you get to manage huge planets and advance your people into the next era then to conquer the galaxy with your little people fighting other little people. But MoO3 was much worse than MoO3 is.

Smeagol: get MoO2 (not MoO3) it works on my 366mhz celery.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2004, 02:50:22 am »
I love civ.... my stupidly high score...... formatted and lost all proof....... NOOOOOOOOOOOO *cries*
Current Games: Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead, Rockband 2, Red Alert 3 (PC)[/center]

Smeagol

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2004, 03:28:09 am »
@ chompy: erm, moo3 probly wouldn't run on my pc, it's decided to even stop running fallout 2, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! besides it came out after civ3, which is too advancded, sniff

@ BloodAngel: stupidly high scores in the civ series (especially 2) aren't too hard to notch up, 3's the hardest for it though, but that's only because they made it a lot harder to get nukes by 1400 AD

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2004, 03:59:06 am »
i still play alpha centauri (it works on my cheap crappy win 98 system, WOOT!) university are THE best faction by a mile, followed by gaians then Hive IMO
I prefer Hive, then Spartans, then University. Gaians are rather low on my list.
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2004, 06:10:45 am »
The Brotherhood of Nod, oh wait. Wrong game. But still, Nod > *
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Smeagol

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2004, 03:05:08 pm »
nah gaians rock! insane amount of wind worms early on ooooooo.

i might play as spartans sometime, they always annnoy the hell out of me when they're AI controlled

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2004, 08:21:23 pm »
I always played spartans myself

Offline Laser.T

• 日本人ですか?
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2004, 09:04:38 pm »
Civ 2 was, and always will be, the greatest. Followed by Civ 3 and then Alpha Centuri.

I got 17000+ in one game in Civ 3 ;D Was a scenario though.......

Maybe I should play Alpha Centuri again. Maybe I just got a bad impression of it cos it wasn't Civ. It's sat on the shelf above me right now... Looming.

chompy

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2004, 03:32:47 am »
@ chompy: erm, moo3 probly wouldn't run on my pc, it's decided to even stop running fallout 2, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! besides it came out after civ3, which is too advancded, sniff
I didn't say to get MoO3!!! I said to get MoO2, !!!! it'll run on your computer!!! um!!!!!! yes!!!!

Check out the minimum requirements for MoO2!!!  lol look what I found http://luna.cas.usf.edu/~rrosengr/civ2moo2/assign2a.html a comparison of moo2 and civ2.

Smeagol

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2004, 07:46:18 pm »
I didn't say to get MoO3!!! I said to get MoO2, !!!! it'll run on your computer!!! um!!!!!! yes!!!!

Check out the minimum requirements for MoO2!!!  lol look what I found http://luna.cas.usf.edu/~rrosengr/civ2moo2/assign2a.html a comparison of moo2 and civ2.

i didn't get moo3, i saw it on the back of the civ 3 manual :P my new source for looking at games :D

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2004, 02:23:08 am »
nah gaians rock! insane amount of wind worms early on ooooooo.

i might play as spartans sometime, they always annnoy the hell out of me when they're AI controlled
Eh, Mind Worms were always more of an annoyance to me than a threat.

Locusts of Chiron, though... *shudders*
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Smeagol

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2004, 07:44:03 pm »
mind worms = favourite unit

they don't automatically get 0wned by plasma sentinels hiding behind perimeter def. instantly early on in the game.....chaos rovers are nice early on as well though...