Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy VS PRESS PLAY ON TAPE  (Read 5307 times)

Offline Anaconda

Machinae Supremacy VS PRESS PLAY ON TAPE
« on: June 03, 2003, 08:04:15 pm »
I just listened to some of their live recordings at TG'03, and I wondered if Machinae VS PPOT would ever be possible. I mean, PPOT sounds a bit more unfinished (especially live) than Machinae. And I don't know if they have played the same songs. I don't think PPOT even has a remake of The Great Gianna Sisters. (Shame on them). I have their CD and the boyband video must be the best C64-inspired musicvideo on the net ;)

Anyway, how do you think that would sound? :)

(For you un-enlightened: http://www.pressplayontape.com :) )
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
Re:Machinae Supremacy VS PRESS PLAY ON TAPE
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 10:19:47 pm »
plah dont even compare them they play way different type of music and Press Play On Tape owns :)

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 09:57:16 am »
I know, that's why I wondered if it ever would be possible. :) If you've heard their version of Aztec Challenge (it's on the CD) and the version featuring Ben Dagliesh on the flute, you know it could be possible :)

"And now for another song from Rob Hubbard..." "AAAAIIIIGH" :)

Offline neoblAze

• Fan of the month - April 2003!
  • nes enhanced
    • neoblaze online
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 12:16:39 pm »
Comparing is bad mmkay. I like what I like. Comparing leads to arguments, arguments lead to fights, fights lead to hate, hate leads to suffering, this thread leads to Yoda.

Offline Hanuka

• Nobody Wins At The Laundromat!
    • justgamers
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 03:06:55 pm »
Comparing is bad mmkay. I like what I like. Comparing leads to arguments, arguments lead to fights, fights lead to hate, hate leads to suffering, this thread leads to Yoda.

mwahahahaha  ;)

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

I listened to some of their songs (press play); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES theyre nice but not really comparable.
And in fact, machinae rocks more.  :P

reality is the enemy O_O

tomas

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2003, 02:12:59 am »

mwahahahaha  ;)

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

I listened to some of their songs (press play); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES theyre nice but not really comparable.
And in fact, machinae rocks more.  :P

danke  ;)

creds to Hanuka!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 02:13:25 am by tomas »

sobella_science

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2003, 02:41:17 am »
Posted by: neoblaze  Posted on: June 04, 2003, 12:16:39 pm  

::) eeeew....kids under 10 compare and argument about stuff with fighting in the end....and "fight leads to hate" - if it´s that bad then someone really needs to grow up....oh, I forgot to tell you.....Yes, I´m Yoda.  :P  Still very short but also gifted with logical mind and cool magical knowledge.... discussions and argumentations are very developing I would say, hrm...

love, peace and understanding and so on... 8)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2003, 10:44:54 pm by sobella »

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2003, 09:58:37 am »
I don't meant to compare. I just wondered how it would sound if they played togheather. Remember the best mixups are the ones with two different bands. Like the alltime famous "Walk this Way" with Aerosmith vs RunDMC.

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 11:36:24 pm »
Well... PPOT played a cover of our cover of Gianna at BITLive in London .... They were so cute. :] They are really nice guys, we had a lot of fun, but i can probably tell you that no, it wouldn't be possible.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2003, 11:02:28 am »
Well... PPOT played a cover of our cover of Gianna at BITLive in London .... They were so cute. :] They are really nice guys, we had a lot of fun, but i can probably tell you that no, it wouldn't be possible.

*rofl* Ok :)

Offline Skvate

• Mediocre
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2003, 09:36:09 am »
PPOT is definitly NOT in my "alley". Even they have good remakes, its just boring to listen to. And the DONT have a sidstation it seems.
Lifeless I sail through these ironic fashions, dressed in the flesh of the jokers passions. On the uttermost brink of madness I stroll, and the rise of insanity as my most precious goal. Tricking the trail of my long lost obscurity, I gather me inside the artifice of eternity....

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2003, 10:22:25 am »
Boring... some of their older songs, yes. And no, they don't have a sidstation. But they are a live band that plays old C64 tunes live. They have even made a few remakes like Comic Bakery Boyband Mix. This is maybe the only boyband song I like :)

I have their first and still only album. And it's good. A bit more quality than their live recordings. And some songs are really good.

I discovered the world of C64 remix through the song Last Ninja Remix by the Dead Guys. After I searched at bit I ended up on Triad's homepages and their mp3 archive. And now you get almost everything on remix.kwed.org. But there is so much junk. Like the songs of Chris Abbot that makes those back in time cds? They are so plain and boring that I never bother downloading those. Instead I reccomend (after Machinae who still thrones as my favourite remix/remake band with Gianna Sisters):

Instant Remedy, one of the best remixers. Got his CD. Favourite: Comic Bakery Remix
Puffy64: A german that have a lot of good rock remakes of Last Ninja, Delta and even Manic Mansion
PPoT: Ok, like I said, not the greatest, but some of their live tunes are so bad it's really funny listening to it.
The Dead Guys: Haven't seen much from them after their Paper Boyah Mix.

Or else you could just see the list here (notice who 0wnz the list ;) )

http://remix.kwed.org/?page=1&chart=week&view=rating&search=