Author Topic: C&C3 concept art and interface/intro videos  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
C&C3 concept art and interface/intro videos
« on: August 21, 2004, 03:55:51 am »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 03:56:39 am by Ankle »
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

chompy

Re:C&C3 concept art and interface/intro videos
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 04:01:55 am »
Now I have to change my pants. You made me happy in the pants area :D

Damn EA, DAMN EA!!!!! evilness <.< get out of westwood, damnit. They better not do a C&C generals of it. Is it even in development?

OMG time for a change of background. C&C3 style
« Last Edit: August 21, 2004, 04:14:30 am by chompy »

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 11:29:12 am »
What did we teach you about wearing pants and using a PC at the same time? Not to mention using keyboard plastic covers, right VT?
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 04:44:11 pm »
What did we teach you about wearing pants and using a PC at the same time? Not to mention using keyboard plastic covers, right VT?

right  ;)

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 03:57:33 am »
Also interesting: http://www.tasmediafile.com/Projects/Renegade2_Project.htm

Possibly the RA to TD link? RA to RA2? Hrmm.

chompy

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 01:35:24 pm »
Also interesting: http://www.tasmediafile.com/Projects/Renegade2_Project.htm

Possibly the RA to TD link? RA to RA2? Hrmm.
Bah @ Renegdae 2, wernt they almost (80%) finished it then out of the blue they abandoned it? I've seen a few screenies of it and it looked quite nicley. I used to love playing Renegade online.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 01:51:00 am »
It's probably better that Renegade 2 was canceled. The first was a utter failure on a grand scale. One could say worse than TS's 'flop'. TS was at least somewhat decent, just couldn't live up to the extreme hype. Renegade was just... Crap. It was supposed to come out around the time Half Life orginally did. Delayed, delayed, delayed. So the graphics came out like crap, ran like crap, levels way too small for multiplayer, horrible netcode, really really lame main character, crappy level design, too many things changed from TD, etc.

chompy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 10:04:01 am »
Well I'm proud to say I love the game in multiplayer, and I got a friend to play it online with me as well (I wouldn't stop talking about it). I remember one time I was coming ~200 in the ladder of the month, I was so happy.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 03:12:29 pm »
Yeah three of my friends were obssesed with it because the they never played a real online shooter like battlefield or anything else before. So they now are warped and consider all others to be a rip off of crappy renegade. Funny though.

As for the ladders, the second or so month after release I got into the top 100 with my absolute lagtastical 56k with only playing for about a week online. Wasn't very fun, maps are way too small for any sort of real fun action.

Offline outrider

• MAY PRE-HOUSE THE SEAMY SIDE VOLITATION!!!
    • outrider.mag-murphy.net
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2004, 04:09:26 pm »
Damn EA, DAMN EA!!!!! evilness <.< get out of westwood, damnit.
If you run after the company name, you're in for a disappointment. Westwood have been closed, and EA have stated that the Westwood brand won't be used anymore. About 100 of the former Westwood people work at EA Los Angeles now; the rest have probably been laid off and moved on.

It's not the brand that makes the games, but the people standing behind it. Ion Storm Austin have the highest number of ex-Looking Glass employees in the whole games industry - hence it's silly to bitch at ISA for "desecrating" the "legacy" that LGS left behind. It's the same bunch of people, fuck's sake.

also, I am one of the people who think that Thief 3 and Deus Ex 2 kick ass.
Hell is a pretty rotten place. Not only is it damn hot, its inhabitants also have a rather deranged sense of humour. (R. Karsmakers)

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 05:10:59 pm »
Too bad they killed of C&C...I liked the storyline. And I liked Kane...

Renegade 2 would probably be the link between Red Alert 1 and C&C Tiberian Dawn (the original). For thos who remember, the end sequence for Russian Victory in RA, there's something about Stalin and his staff being shot by his female second-in-command. She takes Stalins chair, proclaiming that "NOD is the future" (I think Stalin might have said something along the lines of "Russia is the future"). However, she's shot as well, and a good old friend from Tiberian Dawn, who in RA plays the part of some staff member in the Russian High Command (probably major/colonel); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES  comes into view: "I am the future". I did love that twist. Kane ruled...(let's just say I'd like to go through C&C, RA(1) and Tiberian Sun (all with the extra CDs, possibly with the exception of RA); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES just to get the story once more...(it will probably be a disappointment, though. I was younger then)
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 04:04:28 am »
I still play through RA/TD reguraly and sometimes TS, story is as good as ever. Just RA/TD looks like shit with blocky black lines from the low resolution being stretched :|

Yes alot of WS employies were laid off or quit themselves. But even before they shut WS down most of the TD/RA teams were laid off anyway. There is now a company based off some of the old employees, Petrolyph Games. Frank Klepacki is even doing the music for their first project!

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 04:05:25 am »
Three new pictures:
Pictar 1
Pictar 2
Pictar 3
Looks like some of this is the same as the stuff shown at the EA fan event long past.

Mirrored all the other crap into the same folder. Even some old RA/TS pre-release shots. o.0
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 04:07:11 am by Ankle »

Lexx

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2004, 04:47:12 am »
I thought it was stated that Red Alert from on a completely different time-line than the Tiberian games?

I suspect a link was a post-Westwood development..

Just how I see it anyway. :P

Lx

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2004, 05:31:09 am »
Only RA2/Generals are not related to the time-line. As stated by both WS and EA employees.
Red Alert, Soviet Ending -> (Renegade 2) -> Tiberian Dawn, GDI Ending -> Tiberian Sun, GDI Ending -> Firestorm, ? -> (Tiberian Twilight)

Where does Covert Operations, Counterstrike, Aftermath fit in? Dunno, really were just new music, new maps and new missions without videos.