Author Topic: Spider Man  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
Spider Man
« on: August 13, 2004, 05:31:50 pm »
Hey, all.  Just wondering if anyone gave a rip about what I think about the Spiderman 2 game.

It's fun, but I think there's a lot of wasted potential.  It's the typical "New game direction" first game.  There's a lot of fun things about it (the web slinging is as fun as everyone say s it is.  It takes skill but you can pull off web slinging routienes like in the movie if you're skilled.)

However, the game lacks things, it needs MORE.  There are only four random crimes and it gets very old very fast trying to solve them.  

The graphics, to put it bluntly, also suck.  You see the same three or four people all around the entire game.  The buildings are textured like a PS game... (Note that's PS1)  But I guess that's the trade off for having an entire virtual New York City to play in that has zero load times...

The storyline is meh... but it's fun to swing around.  On the plus side, Bruce Campbell reprises his roll as the Narrator, that was a lot of fun.  Likewise, getting the main three characters to be voiced by thier movie counterparts was a good idea as well.

All in all, it's a decently fun game, IMHO.  It just has a lot of wasted potential.  I'd give it 7/8 stars overall.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
Re:Spider Man
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 10:15:37 pm »
I have to say I was really unimpressed when I played the game. It was hyped too much by my friends, and when I played it I was like: WTF? this is average at best.

It's definitely a step in the right direction for the series but the missions get dull and repetitive really fast, and the character models and buildings just look like cack.

Everyone seems to complement the voice-overs, but to be perfectly honest I thought they were crap too. Sure, they had the real actors doing the talking, but they didn't put any effort into it, you could tell that they were just sitting in a studio reading some lines from a script. I'd have personally preferred some unknown imitators doing the voices, at least they'd have put some effort into making it sound right.

My score: 5/10

Offline V-man

• .SID Vicious
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 01:45:27 am »
Are we talking about the PC or PS2 version? I think they're different. Anyhow, i tried out the PC-version.  The short story is that i finished it in a couple of hours, it was all the to easy, boring and dull, the graphics sucks and everything else too.

The game is exactly the same as the Wolverine game that was released a while back or the hulk game.

I've only tried out the pc-version and judging by the tv-commercial the PS2-version looks a whole lot different. In the pc-version, i don't recall random crimes or freely webslingin around a big town. Don't recall Bruce Campbell either.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 02:24:35 am »
I played on the X-box...

I'm having fun, but I know I could have more.   The PC is vastly different, I hear...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2004, 02:45:49 am »
My review is for the overrated Xbox / PS2 version (The PC version is designed for kids and desrves no more than 2/10)

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 06:05:51 am »
BTW. I meant 7/10 stars... it's decent but not incradable.
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline renn 111

• Renn 111
    • Ozy and Millie
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 11:31:27 am »
I enjoyed this game so much that I actually played it through twice, a rarity for me. The overall plot was bland, but some of the cut scenes and dialouges with Black Cat were much enjoyed. I give it a 9 out of 10.
Breathe deep, seek peace.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

I AM the love Samurai.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2004, 10:53:54 pm »
Yah.. the black cat model was enjoyable.. *cough cough*

(Sorry, she's hot and bisexual and I'm horny and alone.. :P )

(That was a joke, by the way...

No.. wait, it wasn't.. nevermind.. :P
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β