Author Topic: My game, an old school project  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Radix

• Nudist ocelot.
My game, an old school project
« on: July 14, 2004, 08:31:17 am »
Some time ago, I believe early last year or late 2002, I asked for permission to use Machinae's music in a school project. They said yes, because they are awesome. It never really occured to me to post the results, though.

Screenshot

Download (6.73mb)

It's not really a complete game, just a single-level demo, but it contains Hybrid and Bouff. In case you were wondering, I did quite well in the assignment.

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:My game, an old school project
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 01:53:28 am »
to you i say...

bug eyed earl is the man!

your game is cool!

That is all.

Offline Krazny

• Somewhere close, but far away!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 02:01:04 am »
I must admit it is quite difficult, but I noticed some "fault"

It of course is just in my opinion, and you probably won´t change it but, in the game , the stars in the background are still. And therefor it seems that the "starclaw" is still and the maze is moving.

Offline Radix

• Nudist ocelot.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 02:29:40 am »
That's exactly what's happening. I don't know exactly what's in that zip (uploaded ages ago); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but there was a story (the game was never completed enough for it to be worthwhile). In the first level you're over the moon, later different areas of the earth, so the background would always be static or very slow. If the stars moved in that example, it'd look like you were spinning around in circles.

chompy

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 03:14:03 am »
I think the background should move very small movements, it it a bit disorientating right at the start but when the maze starts to move it gets better.

I thought the game itself is bigger then expected but it was due to the music tracks you have in there.