Author Topic: Worst game ever?  (Read 21934 times)

chompy

Re:Worst game ever?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 02:59:04 am »
I think to sum up what I have just said, I don't want to play RPG game like Final Fantasy but more in depth ones like Baulders Gate 2 or to join a MMoRPG game (evil <.<).

ummm playing baulders gate as evil I should try that. Wont it be harder if you played it as evil then as good?

Lexx

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 03:37:38 am »
In-depth you say? You could always try a MUD!

i.e.
http://discworld.atuin.net/

Offline Turtle

• I'm a turtle!
    • Turtle's Site
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 10:51:11 am »
I haven't played any RPG's recently that have been nearly as fun as FFVI.  .Hack sounds interesting though, I'll have to check it out whenever I get around to buying a PS2 (could be a PS3 by then :P)

Offline Sproof

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004, 11:28:35 am »
.Hack is a great series

I urge you all to check it out if you already haven't

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2004, 12:29:23 pm »
Unbelievable this started as a rant against Fallout. I think I'll start the game again. I never got that far because it was quite hard (and the German version is badly censored); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but I like the whole atmosphere of the game. Any suggestions for beginners?

Worst game ever? Tetris 3D. Brilliant Idea. "Hey, let's take tetris to the next dimension!"

chompy

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2004, 01:48:35 am »
The 3d Tetris you takling about, is that Tetrisphere the one on the Nintendo 64?? I loved that game and I owned at that game, I was the master of that game. Eveyone else who played it didn't have enough patience or skill to do decently.

It may not hold up to the original tetris but it was better then most of the games on the N64.

Smeagol

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2004, 02:36:20 am »
Unbelievable this started as a rant against Fallout. I think I'll start the game again. I never got that far because it was quite hard (and the German version is badly censored); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES but I like the whole atmosphere of the game. Any suggestions for beginners?

For which game 1 or 2?

For 1: stats aren't incredily important in 1, just make it fairlky rounded, put skills in small guns, melee weapons and stealing (i haven't played it for over 3 years so if i make a mistake correct me here) use the knife run around kill the rats, fairly simple, get Ian and then run around kill more stuff, fairly simple, go kill Gizmo at about level 4-5, then do the rest, just don't rush

For 2: Put everything into agility (it helps a lot ); INSERT INTO yabbse_messages (ID_MSG, ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER, subject, posterName, posterEmail, posterTime, posterIP, smiliesEnabled, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, icon, attachmentSize, attachmentFilename) VALUES and make sure you hjave a vaugly high intel, str etc. Skills; small guns, melee weapons and doctor (it is 3 you get, right?)
pace yourself and use doctor, first aid often, for the fight at the end, just kick the living *!@& out of the guy and hope it works :)
Once you leave try and get a gun and some half decent armour, free Sulik and get a BIG sledgehammer for him ASAP, the rest you can work out

btw i never completed this, i got stuck after the electrified floor so after that i'm of no use  :P

Lexx

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2004, 03:20:21 am »
Meh, If you wanted to powerplay F2.. Gifted & fast shot traits, 10 agility, small guns & speech ragged, get the gauss rifle asap and you're sorted for the rest of the game. Get quick pockets then later on bonus rate of fire, action boy and sniper, makes the last level a snap.

Pretty much the same for F1, only tag energy weapons and get the tubo plasma rifle, towards the end of the game you can fire that baby off 6 times a turn. *drools* Shame they fixed than in F2.

Lx,
Confessions Of A Fallout Junkie.

Smeagol

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2004, 03:26:35 am »
well yeah but F1was just stupid at the end, all you needed was a vaugly ghood skill in energy weapons, turbo plasma rifle and hardened power armour.... oh yeah and knowledge of the run key ;D

Offline Bates

• Forum Legend
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Bateman 2.0
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2004, 12:45:24 am »
Hmm, thanks. I think I'll try out the first one again...

Stealing and energy-weapons sounds quite useful, I'll consider that  :)

About that tetris clone: There are dozens of 3D versions where you... Oh great, now I can't even explain that in my language...
There's this pit where the stones fall into. Is it a pit? Anyways, in this version, you see this pit from above (wireframe 3D) and the pieces are transparent. Like this: http://www.colinfahey.com/2003jan_tetris/tetris_3d_gno3dtet_seb.jpg
It may not be the worst game ever, but it just isn't a game for me. It's just some twisted experiment of a mathematician to remind us that there are more than 2 dimensions. Like 3D Tictactoe or that 3D Chess they are playing in Star Trek TOS.

chompy

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2004, 12:39:48 pm »
lol tetris 3d does look sucky

here is what I was going on about http://www.gamespot.com/n64/puzzle/tetrisphere/screenindex.html

Offline Poisoned

• Go Panda Go!
    • GraveZero
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2004, 11:03:32 pm »
I love the fallout series but I was never good at it. Best part was in Fallout 2 I believe...

"Oh this? Its a tree growing out of my head. I called him Jim. I talk to him when i'm lonely.... Haha I was just kidding. His name is Bob."

Grave Zero, coming atcha.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2004, 12:12:42 am »
I think to sum up what I have just said, I don't want to play RPG game like Final Fantasy but more in depth ones like Baulders Gate 2 or to join a MMoRPG game (evil <.<).

ummm playing baulders gate as evil I should try that. Wont it be harder if you played it as evil then as good?
MMORPG are not in depth nor evil. Just crap thanks to most buisness's ethics. They promise so much, deliver virtually no new content and keep pushing it back to the next patch just to keep you paying longer waiting for that new promised content on the box that never exists. Too bad most people keep waiting on those empty promises while the devs use their money to pump out new expansions you pay for rather than new content and updates that your monthly fee is supposed to be going towards...
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline innocent bystander

• No touchy
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2004, 03:24:51 pm »
dude you guys, the people at my gamer's workshop treat me like fucking king or something.. im like yeah im looking for a bleached bone to accent my tyranid and they fucking show me like 8 different types of accenting styles with the color and im like jesus christ this is awesome.

then again maybe im just lucky, they dont seem to care about money either, i ask for some tips and sometimes i dont even buy anything just like 3 paint bottles to paint at their tables with and get free tips. its too much coolness, okay, worst game ever? hmm, thats really hard since i dont bother with games that even look bad lol. prolly banjo kazooie, the second one, the first one kicked TOO  much ass
Some people say cucumbers make better pickles.

¿POR QUE!

The slinky won, but i suspect foul play...

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2004, 02:37:26 am »
Y'know.. it's interesting you should say that, considering unless I'm mistaken the PC port is pretty much a straight port?

Halo is, imo, one of the best fps games ever made. It shouldn't be judged by the pc version, cause it sucked balls!
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β