Author Topic: Meaningful Music  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
Meaningful Music
« on: June 29, 2004, 05:30:46 am »
Hey,

Just curious as to who's listening to what and what they mean to you?  I'm currently listening to a song called "Inside of you, in spite of you" by a group called ThouShallNot.  You can download it from http://www.thoushalt.net/index.shtml

It really reminds me of the people who have shaped my life, both positively and negatively and the fact that they are inside of me for better or worse...

Take a listen, though it's nowhere near machinae in style, it's still pretty cool to me...
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
Re:Meaningful Music
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 10:12:47 am »
Its never a good sign when your listening to Therapy? and identifying with the lyrics  ::) Tho its not the pessimism that I'm identifying with its all the subtle references to lifes little contradictions and how stupid people can be sometimes....especially socially

Also been writing a few songs as of late which I obviously identify with  :P

Smeagol

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 07:32:47 pm »
recently i've been looking round at some songs on my h/d  released sometime in 2003-02, best example is Imperium by Machine Head, just the whole 'Stand here defiantly, my middle finger raised fuck your prejudice' part that gets me, it just helps when it flicks into my mind and people are pissing me off, it's just there whenever someone is being a complete prick when i know i'm right.
happens all too often

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Happiness is Mandatory!
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 03:07:12 am »
Right now, WinAmp is playing India Drop - Backwards into Chaos. What it means to me? Well, nothing special, really. I just needed a change from what I usually listen to...

If the world had been the way I'd want it to be, I'd be listening to gaming music over at kohina.partai.org, but it seems the world isn't that way...
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood
<Radicz0r> Torp is well prepared for universal destruction

[03:18:49] <WereVolvo> ARCTIC
[03:18:51] <WereVolvo> not arctic

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 03:09:52 am »
Hmmm...and now, I've got a playlist of rather depressing songs from Nine Inch Nails. Some of the lyrics represent how I feel right now quite well, actually. Well, my interpretation of them, at least.

I've also got Inside of You on the playlist. It's played right now. Bad Bearfoot. Now I've got another CD to buy.
...why Torp was picked over you... HE'S JUST BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY RESPECT. -SomethingGood

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 03:56:11 am »
*chuckles*  That was the intent Thorp, though you may want to listen to some of the samples before buying the CD.. I only really liked that one song.. and "If I only were a goth"  A filk of "if I only had a brain."
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Torp v2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 05:22:26 pm »
Downloaded them. They're waiting for me when I come home. At work now.

And I just wonder: How did that "h" come into my name all of a sudden?  :)

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 09:21:36 pm »
My favourite christmas song says.
"I can't describe the joy they bring, 'cause joy is something they dont bring me." Blink 182 - I wont be home for christmas

When everyone runs around being stressed about christmas I sit at the computer listening to this song. It's very relaxing.

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline L'homme magique

• Machinae Prime
  • Stay Calm
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 09:23:02 pm »
My favourite christmas song says.
"I can't describe the joy they bring, 'cause joy is something they dont bring me." Blink 182 - I wont be home for christmas

When everyone runs around being stressed about christmas I sit at the computer listening to this song. It's very relaxing.

My favorite Christmas song says,
"Thank God it's Christmas.... yes it's Christmas... Thank God it's Christmas!" Queen - Thank God It's  Christmas

:P
"It's like growing up reading good books or listening to good music. One good sofa breeds another good sofa; one bad sofa breeds another bad sofa. That's how it goes."

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 09:37:23 pm »
*is reminded of "new lang syne" by Jim's big ego.. it's a new year's song who's chorus is "thank god it's over / thank god it's over / thank god it's over / it's over now..*
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β