Author Topic: Concerning the album  (Read 27688 times)

Offline Skvate

• Mediocre
Re:Concerning the album
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2003, 07:18:06 pm »
i might have missed some of these replies, but here goes:

When will this album be available? Where? How?
Before Jól(in December, also called "X-mas" other places)?
Lifeless I sail through these ironic fashions, dressed in the flesh of the jokers passions. On the uttermost brink of madness I stroll, and the rise of insanity as my most precious goal. Tricking the trail of my long lost obscurity, I gather me inside the artifice of eternity....

Offline robert

• Baka
  • Band Member
  • \,,/_(o-O)_,,i,.
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2003, 09:21:47 pm »
It's supposed to be finished before xmas, but no one know's when it'll be available. It all depends on whatever means we find of handling the distribution of the album.

It's my job to keep SID elite.

---

<WereVolvo> you can't brain today, you have the dumb?

Offline Skvate

• Mediocre
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2003, 04:45:24 pm »
one solution would be just ordering them right from you, and paying through one of the paying services on the net(paypal, payex,worldpay etc).

Or you could try to find one "trustee" in each country to distribute for you. There are probably more than enough ppl here willing to do that.
Lifeless I sail through these ironic fashions, dressed in the flesh of the jokers passions. On the uttermost brink of madness I stroll, and the rise of insanity as my most precious goal. Tricking the trail of my long lost obscurity, I gather me inside the artifice of eternity....

Offline eloj

• Five-by-Five
    • eloj
« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2003, 06:06:34 pm »
Let me just say that if you guys ever get a record-deal, I won't be able to buy your album(s) if the publisher put any sort of copy-prevention measures on it.

That's just a principle I have.

I've discussed it to death on many other forums, where fans are admant that its not up to the band, but I say that it is; The band enters into a contract, that contract should work both ways. Negotiate away silly copy-prevention mechanisms, because they're dumb and you can bet that the band will be paying for their implementation!

PS.
 Anyone who is in the vincinity of Eskilstuna 2003-08-30 - 2003-09-13 might want to check "BE" out:

"It's a musical and visual journey through worlds where faith meet technology, and where different musical styles collide. It's about us, about the human race and our place place in the universe, and where we're heading..."

http://www1.ticnet.se/PriceTable?eventId=LAD7031LOK09131

I'm mentioning it because of the tech theme and because an old friend of mine is a member of Pain of Salvation. They rock.
What do you mean the new album isn't called Brojectiot groader?!

sobella_science

« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2003, 07:56:28 pm »
I listened to Pain of Salvation and found them very interresting. I especially liked "Ashes" - it's theatrical and dramatic -  love it. :D Yet fragments in their songs are great, it was too much of experimenting sometimes to be honest....well, it's just a opinion. ;)

Offline eloj

• Five-by-Five
    • eloj
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2003, 10:30:46 pm »
I wouldn't call Pain of Salvation experimental per se, but they do put themselves in the "progressive metal" genre.

.. and the song "Ashes" is the most hit'ish track they've ever produced. It's decent, but not a favourite of mine. In honesty, I prefer their early stuff, especially the track they all seem to try and forget and never play live; "Repent" :-(
What do you mean the new album isn't called Brojectiot groader?!

Offline Gordon

• Band Member
  • Tack som FAAAN! =)
    • Machinae Supremacy
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2003, 11:06:42 pm »
I'm mentioning it because of the tech theme and because an old friend of mine is a member of Pain of Salvation. They rock.
Well, I don't know how Pain of Salvation are concerning the album.... perhaps another thread?

Anyway, I listened to them and they sound like a mix of early Queensrÿche and some other band I can't remember the name of. I was a big fan of Queensrÿche when I was younger,  so this brings back memories.  :)

But as I said... maybe another thread like "Other recommended bands" or something.

And about the copy protection.... There won't be any on this record anyway.... At least not on the ones we're printing ourselves.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 12:34:30 am by Gordon »

"Det är Arvids tur att sitta i lådan."

sobella_science

« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2003, 12:39:25 am »
Posted by: eloj  Posted on: August 17, 2003, 10:30:46 pm  
I wouldn't call Pain of Salvation experimental per se, but they do put themselves in the "progressive metal" genre.

.. and the song "Ashes" is the most hit'ish track they've ever produced.It's decent, but not a favourite of mine. In honesty, I prefer their early stuff, especially the track they all seem to try and forget and never play live; "Repent" :-(  
Am I on wrong line if I interpret hits to be the same as mainstream? It doesn't sound right.... :-\ To me mainstream is a black hole, everything that's in it's perifery sucks in to the "hole" but on different levels and speed. Does anyone know what I mean?

I hope you don't mean; hits = not worthy to get attention and approval?    

I think their music is experimental in some way, because of all the distinct influences. It doesn't  have to be a bad thing.

A metaphore of mine; painters who like to draw lines, patterns and spots with the idea that isn't suppose to be anything (horse, arse, horsesarse, flowers etc) than just expressions in color. But there is always someone out there who sees a picture in it. In my opinion it's similar with music. :)

sobella_science

« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2003, 12:43:31 am »
Posted by: Gordon  Posted on: August 17, 2003, 11:06:42 pm  
Quote from: eloj on August 17, 2003, 06:06:34 pm

Well, I don't know how Pain of Salvation are concerning the album.... perhaps another thread?

Ok I'll be quiet. ;D

And about the copy protection.... There won't be any on this record anyway....
Good thing! :D

Offline Outboundlight

• Renegade Anarchist Folk Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Rogue World Asylum Seeker
    • No Art Films
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2003, 01:17:47 am »
About the whole trustee thing, we have a few shops here in Belfast who will sell demos and albums of unsigned bands if you ask them nicely, also I know a few key people in th alternative nite club scene over here so if you want a trusee in Northern Ireland, I'm your man  ;)