Author Topic: Machinae signed with spinefarm records  (Read 52333 times)

Offline jan

• I'm a llama!
Re: Machinae signed with spinefarm records
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2006, 02:01:27 am »
Congratulations, MS! I wish you all the best of luck in your musical career!:)

(Hahaha, remember my acro-email when you hit it big and need a stuntman for game-effects and spinny/flippy/twisty stuff;)

I love my hoodie^_^

Offline DouglasCartland

« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »
I'm really happy for MaSu right now. (Just found out, yeah, I don't check the MaSu website regularly enough :/ )

MaSu have been one of my favourite bands for quite some time now (at least two years now I think!), and it's about time that people who don't spend countless of hours on the internet also gets a chance to listen to MaSu. MaSu might finally get the recognition they deserve.

I have one question though. I don't mean to sound rude by saying this, but does anyone know the specific reason to why they've cut out a number of songs on the new edition of Redeemer? I mean, to me it would sound natural to fit as many songs of latest material out there so people who're newly introduced to the band gets as much of their material as possible?

Congrats to MaSu though!!! :D

Offline cloudstrifex

« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2006, 11:39:01 pm »
It's because Redeemer UE is for the hardcore fans and is the way it's supposed to be, and also I think the record company thought 15 songs was too much but I'm not completely sure on this.

Offline SomethingApt

• Machinae Prime
  • [this space for rent]
« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2006, 11:56:32 pm »
cant be arsed to find the exact quote... but it's something along the lines of...

the new tracklist wasnt suggested by spinefarm (i THINK this is correct) it was suggested by someone else before spinefarm became involved. rob liked the suggested tracklist so he decided to keep it. as far as im aware spinefarm weren't involved in changing the tracks around.

Offline Drakonis

• Fighter from Ninne
  • Community Supporter
  • "I am mine own Redeemer."
« Reply #319 on: October 12, 2006, 08:06:20 pm »
cant be arsed to find the exact quote... but it's something along the lines of...

the new tracklist wasnt suggested by spinefarm (i THINK this is correct) it was suggested by someone else before spinefarm became involved. rob liked the suggested tracklist so he decided to keep it. as far as im aware spinefarm weren't involved in changing the tracks around.

I think you are correct, the previous people they had talked with a bit had came up with a new track list with the band for the retail edition.

It makes sense, to me. If you want to introduce someone to chinese food, you don't start with sushi - yaknow?

Offline Irrationalist

« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2006, 08:07:59 pm »
This is true, they will be lead to the goodness that is SiD in time

Offline Sasu1977

« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2006, 08:24:16 pm »
Congrats guys :D

maybe we'll get to see you playing few gigs here in Finland someday soon, or is this just wishful thinking?  :)

rock on!

Offline dangerbob

• feel the beat
« Reply #322 on: October 19, 2006, 04:31:05 pm »
:( no empire on the new album :(:(:(:(:(

But anyway, congratulations. Great news :D

beeotch

Offline The Keaper

« Reply #323 on: October 22, 2006, 09:43:00 pm »
Congratulationz!!! \m/ \m/ \m/

Now it's really possible for you to achieve your ultimate goal - WORLD DOMINATION!!! Bwa-ha-ha! :D

Well, I'm really happy about you guys! Signing a contract with such a powerful label is definitely a great thing. More advantages, more possibilities, and so on. As for the "side effects", It's too early to jump to conclusions anyway. All the Robert's posts reassured me that the things are going ok and they're gonna be that way for a while.

The music... well, it changes as the time passes. Today's MaSu are a bit different from those SIDstylish phr34ks from Jets'n'Guns OST.) They evolve and it's their way they choose. I believe there's nobody in the whole-freakin-world-or-universe-or-whatever who has the power to dictate their choice on MaSu. If their style changes, it will be their and only their decision. I'm sure they know what to do, and they definitely know what they want.) I believe in you guys! \m/

As for me, I really love the Promo stuff most of all. FFNv2, Sidolody Ep.1-3, J'n'G Theme are still my favourites. Will there ever be anything like that, Rob? ::)

P.S. Now looking forward 2 see u in Russia! ;)

Offline Drain

« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2006, 02:39:04 am »
It makes sense, to me. If you want to introduce someone to chinese food, you don't start with sushi - yaknow?

Since sushi being japanese and all... ^^ Nah I agree. A first retail album isnt the same thing as an underground album for the old fans.

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2006, 09:52:37 pm »
time to non sticky this thread i think everyone knows about the deal allready :D

Offline Xavierl

« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2017, 02:00:37 pm »
This was fun to read through.

A decade later, I think the doomsayers had a point. They sold out.