Author Topic: Where's the hype? :D  (Read 25925 times)

Offline Tritox

• Nuuh
Re: Where's the hype? :D
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2014, 01:05:05 pm »
It's already in Spotify, chop chop.

Offline Tolkki

• A bane to evil.
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2014, 09:51:03 pm »
I think The Second One is probably my favourite track on the album, but I was a huuuuuuuge fan of Indiscriminate Murder is Counter-Productive. So that makes sense :P.

All in all a really fucking awesome album I am super glad I pre-ordered this one :). I just couldn't resist waiting for its actual release haha!
Totally agree. Currently listening Second One for the first time and I just can't stop myself jamming to it's beat, definitely one if not the best song they've done this far.
MaSu has always gotten better album by album so I shouldn't be so suprised they did it again, but OH MY DID THEY OVERDO THEMSELVES THIS TIME.
Lurkkers gonna lurk.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »
Definately the best album yet! :)

Favorite songs:

Europa: It is just a masterpiece.
Beyond good and evil: The NES sounds in the verses and oh my god dat chorus.

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline lucmat

« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2014, 11:30:03 pm »
Some songs from the album seems to be like a mix from earlier works from the band. Like a tribute album from themselves. Starting from the album art over some melodies to the lyrics. It was a big suprise for me to hear the "Nemesis" refrain in "Renegades". I love this refrain and was in love for this song since the first time I heard it. In the same song there is this cool Metal riff from "Crossroad Mireva" from Rob's soundcloud site. The main melody from "The second One" is uneqivocal from "the first one" ^^ I did hear "Captures (Sara's Theme)" before, too. But can't say exactly wherefrom it was. Must be a older Hubnester Records tune.

Another point is the Fan Service into the album. I think no one can say the new album haven't enough SID ^^ And the acoustic parts in few songs appearing fresh and untypical for Machinae Supremacy songs. I like this album and it comply with most of my whishes how a new MaSu album should be. I'm only still waiting for Player Two and March of the Undead part V ;)
Greetz, lucmat

Offline Tolkki

• A bane to evil.
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2014, 01:53:42 am »
Some songs from the album seems to be like a mix from earlier works from the band. Like a tribute album from themselves. Starting from the album art over some melodies to the lyrics. It was a big suprise for me to hear the "Nemesis" refrain in "Renegades". I love this refrain and was in love for this song since the first time I heard it. In the same song there is this cool Metal riff from "Crossroad Mireva" from Rob's soundcloud site. The main melody from "The second One" is uneqivocal from "the first one" ^^ I did hear "Captures (Sara's Theme)" before, too. But can't say exactly wherefrom it was. Must be a older Hubnester Records tune.

Another point is the Fan Service into the album. I think no one can say the new album haven't enough SID ^^ And the acoustic parts in few songs appearing fresh and untypical for Machinae Supremacy songs. I like this album and it comply with most of my whishes how a new MaSu album should be. I'm only still waiting for Player Two and March of the Undead part V ;)

Yeah, this album has references to earlier songs just everywhere. Tons of snaps from Redeemer for instance. A very big plus.
But I feel that those few acoustic parts are another reference since in their earlier works they used to have songs that were  50% of music + vocals and 50% pure music (Flagcarrier, Nemesis...). Love to see them brought back.
Lurkkers gonna lurk.

Offline paq

• paq was here...
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2014, 02:15:23 am »
I did hear "Captures (Sara's Theme)" before, too. But can't say exactly wherefrom it was. Must be a older Hubnester Records tune.

That's right, it was the Hubnester Industries track called "Raison Meets Sara". I recognized it too! :)

Did you also notice how Renegades starts off just like how Nemesis ends? I myself really likes these references  8)

Hadou

« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2014, 07:54:36 pm »

I... I... Didn't think they'd manage to top their first 3 (which I much prefer to their newer albums) but... but... upon listening a few times my initial impressions are leading me to agree with you...?

This album is majestic beyond words.

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2014, 10:33:23 pm »

I... I... Didn't think they'd manage to top their first 3 (which I much prefer to their newer albums) but... but... upon listening a few times my initial impressions are leading me to agree with you...?

My album has officially shipped, and I'm enough of an audiophile that I will not listen to any songs (aside from BGaE) with inevitable internet compression, but my overall opinion of BGaE is that it effectively combines MaSu's maturity as a band with their old-school sound.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline vittoleon

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2014, 05:52:55 pm »

Its a great album but its no Redeemer imo. That album still reigns supreme.

Offline Waltro

• Flagcarrier
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2014, 12:30:08 am »

Yeah, this album has references to earlier songs just everywhere. Tons of snaps from Redeemer for instance. A very big plus.
But I feel that those few acoustic parts are another reference since in their earlier works they used to have songs that were  50% of music + vocals and 50% pure music (Flagcarrier, Nemesis...). Love to see them brought back.

Considering the strong story elements in the album and the references to older songs.... I just started thinking what if all the "story songs" of MaSu actually happen in the same universe and same storyline but we have never just thought about their connections before the Phantom Shadow. And now they are all finally coming together after we heard the main story.

The more I think about this the more my mind gets blown. Just take a moment and think about it!

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2014, 12:38:20 am »
Well yeah they're all based on a story Rob has had in his head since, like, forever ago.

Offline Dohi

• The ORIGINAL Commodore 64 H.Q.
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2014, 07:25:22 pm »
the correct question is: where's my fucking cd?! and t-shirt...

a perfect time for the postal service to be fucking around. so far all but one of my orders over the years from recordshopx arrived in 2-3 days and even that odd one only took a week. phantom shadow was posted last tuesday according to their site (weirdly enough on wednesday it said it'll be posted thursday but on thursday it said it was shipped on tuesday) and it still hasn't arrived. combine this with family vacations and stuff and looks like the earliest I'll be able to listen to it (don't care that it's on youtube and everywhere, I want the real thing) is next monday but maybe only next friday. goddamnit...

(btw, wtf is up with the triple post verification? haven't been here for a while and I had to google the 2 dates and try 25 times for the fucking captcha.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 07:28:40 pm by Dohi »
Webmaster of the ORIGINAL Commodore 64 H.Q.
http://c64.hardwired.hu

Offline Jean-Luc

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2014, 07:31:45 pm »
Sounds like someone is pretty upset ....

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2014, 08:44:06 am »
I now need to unlearn the wrong lyrics I thought I heard, and learn the right lyrics to Beyond Good and Evil. *sighs*
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline Dohi

• The ORIGINAL Commodore 64 H.Q.
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2014, 10:26:54 pm »
woohoo, it's finally here! only took 2+ weeks :/ which is even more surprising since it was sent via dhl express for some reason. oh well...

my first impression of the album is pretty good, I like most of the songs already, though europa is very much like flagcarrier and the second one is even more like indiscriminate murder. and of course there's a section of nemesis showing up at some point. a lot of sid (though not enough), some female vocals (though not erica oberg), so all in all it's looking good. and it's much longer than the previous album. as awesome as digital nation is, I was a bit disappointed when it turned out to be 40+ minutes, 8 songs plus a filler and a re-recording.

as for the physical presentation, since it's a concept album, some more info/story/whatever would've been nice in the booklet. but there are only 3 differences between the written and sung lyrics, so that's something. and the t-shirt looks nice too, though it's not fruit of the loom material this time but some other brand, less thick, probably not as durable. we'll see.
Webmaster of the ORIGINAL Commodore 64 H.Q.
http://c64.hardwired.hu