Author Topic: Where's the hype? :D  (Read 24080 times)

Offline Cerapter

• 100% Recycled
    • Home
Re: Where's the hype? :D
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2014, 03:25:03 pm »
https://soundcloud.com/machinaesupremacy/phantom-shadow-music-trailer-track-mashup
My ears are very much pleased and I'm left with so much hype after listening to this.
Love that SID! :D :D
Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.

Wheim

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2014, 08:55:13 am »
Could anyone please share "Between Good and Evil" with me? I'm obviously going to purchase the album, and I really want to listen to the track, but I flat out refuse to even touch the DRM-infested piece of crap that is iTunes.

Edit: nvm, I found it  :P

Also, it's awesome.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:25:19 am by Wheim »

Offline Ziza

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2014, 10:38:49 am »
"Fuck my feet and set me free"? D:

Wheim

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2014, 11:39:42 am »

Yes... that's what I'm hearing as well, which seems a bit.. strange. Could he be saying something else?  :P

Offline Prox

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:34 am »

Yes... that's what I'm hearing as well, which seems a bit.. strange. Could he be saying something else?  :P

I think it's "Fuck my fate and set me free". Either that or there's a whole other kinky dimension to the Phantom Shadow storyline that we haven't heard about yet :\

Wheim

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2014, 12:15:00 pm »

I think it's "Fuck my fate and set me free". Either that or there's a whole other kinky dimension to the Phantom Shadow storyline that we haven't heard about yet :\

Haha, yeah, that would make a lot more sense. Feet would make the song that much more entertaining tho  ;D

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2014, 11:06:28 pm »
It's definitely "fuck my feet".

Offline endshark

• Super Rad
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 02:53:03 am »
I hear "I fought my fate and it set me free"

I love the song though a lot!!

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2014, 08:49:40 am »
Gaming has made me jaded in terms of what I feel I let hype me....which lately is nothing, I let nothing hype me until I hear/see/play it. Then the hype shall consume me while in progress of said see/play/hearing o.o

Offline lucmat

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »
Please don't punch me, for this comment. Who has heard the new song already? I like it very much, every part of it. And the word "part" is the only critique of it. For me it sounds a little like a song which was cut together and was mentioned to be an other song. Especially when the refrain after the first verse is starting the first time, it seems not to fit to the main melody. Don't understand me wrong, both parts are great. I love it. But anyway it sounds not like a complete song. Same with the solo and the SID part at the end. Love it, but could replaced and wouldn't fit, when the main melody wouldn't be in the background.

Don't know. Maybe it's only me, but Beyond Good and Evil doesn't sound like a frequent Machinae song. For me it's familiar that Jonne's solos fit to the melody and a complete song is on the table. A song where you can continuously bang your head. So it's like: Bang Head -> Refrain is starting -> Short Pause Banging till the new part is loaded -> Bang Head -> Repeat.

Last time I had a related feeling was when I hearing Overworld (The Track, not the whole Album). There are similar changes at the rhythm but it sounds not like it was cut together... hard to describe but maybe it would be better when some Bridges like in Rocket Dragon would put the song better together.

The refrain was hearable in the music trailer for the album, too. I was very curious how the whole song sounds. But anyway I expected something else. However it is a great song. Unstable, but great. It could be, after hearing it more often on different sound systems, that it sounds better. First time I was hearing Shinigami it was a little strange for the beginning, too. But now it's one of my favourite songs.

Does someone other have similar feelings or is it really only me?
Greetz, lucmat

Offline Kråhffäh

• I listened to MaSu when they were undergrounderer.
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2014, 12:50:07 am »
New song is crazy good. The chorus is (and I very rarely say this unironically anymore) epic!
Quote from: Dezo
m8, teh win... you has it!!  ;D

Offline Kråhffäh

• I listened to MaSu when they were undergrounderer.
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2014, 12:58:13 am »
Please don't punch me, for this comment. Who has heard the new song already? I like it very much, every part of it. And the word "part" is the only critique of it. For me it sounds a little like a song which was cut together and was mentioned to be an other song. Especially when the refrain after the first verse is starting the first time, it seems not to fit to the main melody. Don't understand me wrong, both parts are great. I love it. But anyway it sounds not like a complete song. Same with the solo and the SID part at the end. Love it, but could replaced and wouldn't fit, when the main melody wouldn't be in the background.

Don't know. Maybe it's only me, but Beyond Good and Evil doesn't sound like a frequent Machinae song. For me it's familiar that Jonne's solos fit to the melody and a complete song is on the table. A song where you can continuously bang your head. So it's like: Bang Head -> Refrain is starting -> Short Pause Banging till the new part is loaded -> Bang Head -> Repeat.

Last time I had a related feeling was when I hearing Overworld (The Track, not the whole Album). There are similar changes at the rhythm but it sounds not like it was cut together... hard to describe but maybe it would be better when some Bridges like in Rocket Dragon would put the song better together.

The refrain was hearable in the music trailer for the album, too. I was very curious how the whole song sounds. But anyway I expected something else. However it is a great song. Unstable, but great. It could be, after hearing it more often on different sound systems, that it sounds better. First time I was hearing Shinigami it was a little strange for the beginning, too. But now it's one of my favourite songs.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to convey. All I can say is that I like when music goes in directions I didn't expect it to, that said I don't think this track did any all too crazy left-field kind of wacky stuff. Also it's been written that this album isn't as much of an easy listen as some of their previous stuff, some of it will probably be hard to digest for some I guess. Also I hope I'm not coming off like too much of a dick when I say music isn't ALL about banging ones head haha
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:02:22 am by Kråhffäh »
Quote from: Dezo
m8, teh win... you has it!!  ;D

Offline Waltro

• Flagcarrier
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2014, 03:30:09 am »

I kinda understand how you feel, but there are a couple of things you need to remember here.

Firstly the song is clearly story driven and in my opinion the changes and differences between the parts tell the story of the song as much as the lyrics.
Secondly the whole album is a concept album, which means the main focus is to tell the complete story with all the songs in the album. Meaning this song is in the end just a small part of a much larger story. Who knows how we understand the song when we hear it as a part of the album? Could be even possible that Beyond Good and Evil actually tells a story from the point of view of two different characters. In which case the changes in the pace of the song are actually an effect to help us distinguish the parts of the two characters.

Anyway, gotta love the song. It works really well just by itself and I think that is a really great. Some concept albums are kinda hard to introduce to new people because you need to listen to the whole album in order to make any sense of the songs.
The C-part is one of the best things I've heard from MaSu and the way the song builds up to it is just superb.

Offline lucmat

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2014, 04:23:27 pm »

I kinda understand how you feel, but there are a couple of things you need to remember here.

Firstly the song is clearly story driven and in my opinion the changes and differences between the parts tell the story of the song as much as the lyrics.
Secondly the whole album is a concept album, which means the main focus is to tell the complete story with all the songs in the album. Meaning this song is in the end just a small part of a much larger story. Who knows how we understand the song when we hear it as a part of the album? Could be even possible that Beyond Good and Evil actually tells a story from the point of view of two different characters. In which case the changes in the pace of the song are actually an effect to help us distinguish the parts of the two characters.

Anyway, gotta love the song. It works really well just by itself and I think that is a really great. Some concept albums are kinda hard to introduce to new people because you need to listen to the whole album in order to make any sense of the songs.
The C-part is one of the best things I've heard from MaSu and the way the song builds up to it is just superb.

Yeah, I understand your point. And, as I say, the song is really great. But compared to other Machinae Supremacy songs it's unusal that there are so much changes inside the rhythm. The refrain is a completly other melody than the main verse and it starts abrubtly without a "warning". It's a little bit weird for the beginning. When you say, that it's intended and fits to the storyline of the Album, then it's okay. For the song alone it sounds a little bit strange, like two or more songs are put together. I mean only the musically aspect. Not the story one  ;D
Greetz, lucmat

Offline Ziza

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 06:49:46 pm »

Felt the same way, but I listened, and listened, and listened and now all feels natural.