Author Topic: Say hello to Tomi!  (Read 5945 times)

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
Re: Say hello to Tomi!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 05:11:05 pm »
It would be futile to have so many guitars with us just for one song.

Why not?

I don't know how you guys travel, but if you take 3 extra guitas with you that would mean you have to make one extra walk to the van (unless you carry everything yourself  :P ) and do an additional 10 minutes soundcheck. So what do you get in return? Freaked-out fans!  :o

Offline Prox

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 08:12:26 pm »
I'd personally love to see Machinae Prime done live with this current line-up. I can only begin to imagine the face-meltingness that would ensue during the final section. ::)

On the other hand, Rob probably wouldn't have much to do for 7 + minutes :/

Offline kyuubii

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »
This is great news. I'm not sure how much Rob will be playing guitar from now on, but you guys should have a 3 guitar attack for some of the more layered tracks. I don't know if it's sonically possible or viable in a live setting, I'm just throwing the idea out there. I think it'd be pretty awesome if Tomi learned some of Jonne's dual lead sections like in Cybergenesis, Nova Prospekt, Violator, and many others. They're both Jackson players and they're both greatly skilled, it could be done.

Then again, maybe this move was done so that Rob can focus 100% on vocals again.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:26:31 pm by kyuubii »

Offline JariWolf

• Rabid MaSu fan wolf
    • Machine Animal @ Last.fm
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 07:00:00 pm »
After last gig in Jyväskylä I much prefer that Rob can concentrate 100% on vocs and stage presence.

Offline Digital0verl0rd

• Leet
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 05:52:34 pm »
This is great news. I'm not sure how much Rob will be playing guitar from now on, but you guys should have a 3 guitar attack for some of the more layered tracks. I don't know if it's sonically possible or viable in a live setting, I'm just throwing the idea out there. I think it'd be pretty awesome if Tomi learned some of Jonne's dual lead sections like in Cybergenesis, Nova Prospekt, Violator, and many others. They're both Jackson players and they're both greatly skilled, it could be done.

Then again, maybe this move was done so that Rob can focus 100% on vocals again.
I can imagine Rob playing some fills and rhythm parts in those fsking epic harmonized leads or something like that.

About possibility of 3 guitars on stage live, I think it's not that hard, you just need good audio engineer, who won't screw up. :)

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 02:25:00 am »

They have done some 3 guitar awesomeness for a few songs (like Dark City) at a few gigs, but apparently they felt that having Rob focus fully on vocals is a better thing.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Wheim

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 09:07:48 pm »
Now this is interesting! Mixing things up a bit is always good :)