Author Topic: Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman  (Read 2095 times)

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman
« on: October 09, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »
Hi guys,

Coheed and Cambria has got a new CD out. They're one of my long-time favorite bands and I really like the new record. The music (as before) has a certain sci-fi feeling to it, which returns in the lyrics as well.

In short, all the albums tell this sci-fi story of the Amory Wars. Spaceships, androids, laser weapons, a virus, etc.

Anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRoN4_kG6XM

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
Re: Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:08:36 am »
It's a grower I think. I listened to it about 10 or so times yesterday and I think now I really love it, although it does feel like "half" an album (which kinda it is, the second part comes out in Feb). The story is much easier to follow in this one too, it's a bit depressing but very beautiful. Really looking forward to seeing them live next month \m/

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:53:20 pm »
I agree, sorta.

Listened to it 5 times now or something. It has some good tracks (I really like Domino the Destitute and Holly Wood), but the others are kinda boring IMO... they don't stick in my head, unlike many of their previous songs.

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:54:13 am »
I like all the Entity tracks (Vic the Butcher is going to melt faces live), Domino is a track I'd use to introduce people to the band. The other tracks are a bit meh, there's an acoustic version of Goodnight Fair Lady in the demo tracks which I think is way better than the album version.