Author Topic: Television - no it isn't all crap  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Caranfin

Re: Television - no it isn't all crap
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 07:17:22 pm »
Hey just popping in to say you all should really watch The Wire.

Also I'm out of QI for now and need something to satisfy my desire to see people sit around being funny. Which british panel show has the second highest concentration of Stephen Fry/Alan Davies/David Mitchell after QI?

Offline Zortel

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »
Stephen Fry has had one appearance on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, David Mitchell has cropped up as a guest on Mock the Week in the past, and as a guest and a guest host more times on Have I Got News For You. He is also a team captain on Would I Lie To You?

Other ones not quite in the panel format that are worth checking out are The Bubble (David Mitchell as host), TV Heaven Telly Hell (David Mitchell has been a guest), and You Have Been Watching (David Mitchell has appeared several times as a guest).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:19:10 pm by Zortel »
"How do you govern a country that seems to have decided that facts are the work of the devil?" - Andy Hamilton
“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.” - W. E. Gladstone

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 01:44:19 pm »
So I started watching the Wire a couple of days ago (merely waited this long to mess with Caranfin's head :D), and I must say it's really looking good so far.
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 02:15:52 pm »
You utter bastard. :P

EDIT: Also I started watching The Wire again and holy shit there's a ton of symbolism and other subtle shit I totally missed on my first watching and goddamn the writers really put a ton of thought into this shit.

Stephen Fry has had one appearance on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, David Mitchell has cropped up as a guest on Mock the Week in the past, and as a guest and a guest host more times on Have I Got News For You. He is also a team captain on Would I Lie To You?

Other ones not quite in the panel format that are worth checking out are The Bubble (David Mitchell as host), TV Heaven Telly Hell (David Mitchell has been a guest), and You Have Been Watching (David Mitchell has appeared several times as a host).
Thanks. Started watching Would I Lie To You? and have not been disappointed. David Mitchell is hilarious.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:27:12 am by Caranfin »