Author Topic: various things not going to one's blog due to laziness  (Read 2950 times)

Offline LymphoCite_T

• SiteDeveloper
    • visit me at youtube!
various things not going to one's blog due to laziness
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:56 pm »
A terrible idea just occured in my head. Why do we create blogs? we just want to share some experiences, our thoughts etc... it's cool but prolly nobody would have read it :P I'm not sure if there has benn thing like that here already - blogtopic. random things one would like to put on blog, but they are to lazy to post it. 1 post - 1 entry.

so let me start.

Am I in hell yet?

Poland. A very nice country to live. One should be laughing living here. But the reason is not happiness. It's because almost every life aspect is like parody here. Today let's focus on politics. One could divide political parties into three groups (each known party would belong in at least 1 group, but not necessarily only 1): madmen, theives and post-commies. People mostly vote for two leading parties, particularly frequently reasoning their choice "just because I hate the other party". Now let's go on with economy. We have the economic miracle here. Some people manage to live with earnings like 150 €/month (or even less) on full time job. I'm pretty sure it IS a miracle. Most people earn 200 - 500 € monthly (including my dad (master of [computer] science) & mom (doctor of computer science)). Of course there are leeches who earn 50 times that or more. But it's not because of their hard work, just cheating others. Cheating is a routine here. Honest people are poor. yeah, there are courts in Poland, but it's like throwing a dice. You can win but also you can lose much. no wonder many Poles drink too much to forget about it. it's all vicious circle, but only a nuke could help here. Most people claim they believe in God, but they'd rather like to see their neighbor's eye on fork than help each other.
If only i had that B.S. or M.S. and enough money to leave this shithole... I'd be really happy. Now I'm sad when I see people donating 500 € to giana project, because I realise I prolly never be able to spend that much money helping other people UNLESS i leave Poland. So, i must study now. 5 years to go. Fuck yeah [x2]. :(

ok, this needs no comments and it has been rather bad starter using terrible english, so maybe someone else has something to say?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:49:08 pm by LymphoCite_T »
:):):)

Offline Ziza

Re: various things not going to one's blog due to lazyness
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 12:42:49 pm »
I am actually amazed that this country hasn't fallen apart yet.

At this moment, Poland is a country with minumum wage of 336 €, with lots of peoples - whole families - living below that.

Our government, at that time, is mastering the art of distracting people with media scoops. All we've been hearing about the last few months is a case of mother who (presumably) murdered her child while tricking the whole country and law enforcement into believing it was stolen and becoming a huge celebrity at the same time, while National Health Fund is concluding few-hundred-millions contracts with non-existant private clinics.

No one asks why we pay 3 times more for gas than Germany does to Russia and why - contrary to geography - we buy that gas from Germany, not Russia. No one also cares that the huge natural gas deposits we just discovered in our country are planned to be given almost as a whole to USA and France because, frankly, "we have no technology to excavate".

No one is mentioning why we lost billions organizing Euro 2012 (which, of course I can admit it, was an organizational success) and why the stadiums we built, though not the biggest or super-modern, were the most expensive ones ever built.

No one cares about building companies who never got their payment from our country, but were still forced to pay taxes based on that non-existant payment, leading them to bankruptcy.

On the other hand, no one also cares about companies who deceived their clients taking lots of money and declaring bankrupcy - apparently once you declare such, you have no obligations nor liabilities to anyone.

A guy with six charges of financial fraud can still lead a huge financial company and, most probably once the smear campain stops, will soon declare bankrupcy again, taking all the money from naive people who decided to entrust it to him. And nothing will ever be done to him - in this country huge companies and millionaires can cheat anyone for unlimited sums of cash, while common citizens are prosecuted for avoiding taxes in order to feed their family.

And those taxes are rising. The government is still coming up with new ideas for removing any tax relief in existance and introducing new charges. All that to "reduce public debt" - which is rising all the time as we speak and no one knows where all the money country steals from us is disappearing. It is almost impossible to find out the government's expenditure - that information, although officially available to public, practically cannot be obtained. There's already been a few articles about this, actually. No shit was given.

Thieves and masters of deception are ruling Poland right now and they are in much better situation than the commies ever were - without any need for censorship (as media focus on "substitute" topics anyway and people are now "taught" that too much criticism is improper) and with society lacking any political awareness, dispirited enough not to vote for anyone or simply vote for the thieves in charge already, so that everything remains unchanged and no risk is taken. No one cares about particular party's programs and economic plans nowadays (since they never keep their promises anyway) - populism and good image are enough to get the seat and steal from the society for another 4 years.

But! I'm staying, because I like playing it hard mode :---) And because, despite all that exaggerated hysteria in paragraphs above, one can lead a proper life and have satisfying income here - they just need to contact me and prove they are awesome at PHP, JS and SQL!

Offline Aeon

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »
Laziness*
Okay, that was tl;dr, but I approve of your general musings thread. Just remember not to lapse into mental masturbation!

Well, shit. I've just found out something insignificant. From Urban Dictionary:

facebitch
   A special friend acquired predominetly through Facebook

"Ian, how's your facebitch doing? Have you even had a conversation with her that wasn't through Facebook?"

"I don't even know where I met you
but the facebitch won't let me forget you"
Here I was, thinking that Robz0rz just invented an affectionate way to call Facebook by. But apparently, a facebitch is kind of a person. :\

Too bad. I like to call Twitter "Twatter" or "Shitter", but got nothing of the sort for Facebook.

That's because I don't like social media. It's all fine and cool, but when you've spent fourteen years (out of 21) mostly using the computer, you kind of want to stop it badly. Then you figure out you're addicted. And can't stop until the computer is taken away from you. Kinda stinks.
(Which is why I write here, because in my attempts to disappear from the net, I no longer have any blogs.)
Also I kind of don't like that Mark Zuckerberg guy. I mean, how he started by stealing others' secrets in his university. (In this case, female students' profile pictures, or something.) I guess he is brilliant, but at the same time kind of a jerk. Now, Julian Assange does similar things, but concerning governments' secrets. And somehow he is the villain.

Lymphocite: "only a nuke could help here" - sounds like the plot of the game, Ace Combat Zero, to me... Though in the game it was used for slightly different reasons (to end all wars, lol).
Well it's okay to emigrate, I guess. Nationalism is bad, I suppose, so you should not listen to people who say "[country] for [people from the country]" ("polska dla polaków!" etc.), basically forcing people to stay in the country they're born in and not go elsewhere.
Some of us, like me, feel the need to stay. Because, well, my country is where home is. Gonna make a nerdy analogy here. Have you played GTA: San Andreas? Just like Sweet Johnson, I could just leave this place and reap the PROFITS somewhere else, but damn man. Gotta stay here and help all I can.
But don't listen to me, I'm just depressed.

I am actually preparing to live at below the minimum wage. And I ruminate on the past a lot. A waste of time, but that's how I roll. Basically, I am going to fail my studies, again (computer studies this time). I won't have any degree, so I'll have to do some manual work. IF I find a job at all.
Basically, anything to not live at the country's or my parents' expense. I don't want to leech money from other people any longer. (Remember Amber Gold, by the way? Heheh... You've gotta be a dick to exploit other people's naiveté). I want to repay the debt somehow.

And you know how depression mixes up with those grim perspectives. You think somewhere along the line: "wouldn't it be better for everyone if I just offed myself?". But that's thinking too much. Nobody knows the future. And as long as you have one person worth living for, I suppose you shouldn't do that.

That money, man. I fantasize a lot about how I would give all of it away, if I had a substantial amounts of it. The furthest I've gone was giving 20PLN to some Gypsy begging on the street, and promptly getting bitched on by people I told about it.

It kinda depresses me that I've already got a loan to pay. (Student's loan or however you call it.) I mean, my parents will probably have to repay it, which is a shame.

I gotta find a physical job. Something a drone could do. Just to help build this place and make it better. I like entertainment, but... I don't even know.

We're a sad nation, aren't we.

And of course the only thing that promises that things would get better eventually is religion. Well, a friend of mine once stated that religion is for the weak, who are unable to face reality and have to explain their failures instead of working towards better future. Now, I'm not into religion-bashing, nor a devotee. I suppose some money from time to time seems a fair price for fantasies about the afterlife.

But man, I've been reading up on Hinduism, and it is depressing. Nothing is real, all is one and the final goal is to stop existing altogether and reunite with the transcendent "one".

With nothing to excuse the failures... I keep wasting time. Many billions throughout history died as pawns, fighting on battlefields for charismatic dwarfs or batshit insane psychopaths, working to make other people's dreams come true, doing nothing in particular. We are the vast majority. We live as other people told us to, and then we die. And that's it. It's not tragic or dramatic.

Always ahead of the truth in us. Longing to be more than we are just because. Time holds a candle for each of us - don't let it burn without meaning or a cause. That stresses me out to no end. What if I fail? Haven't countless billions died that way? No matter what you say, I cannot feel any better about my situation.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:43:44 pm by Aeon »
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline LymphoCite_T

• SiteDeveloper
    • visit me at youtube!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 08:48:54 pm »
But man, I've been reading up on Hinduism, and it is depressing. Nothing is real, all is one and the final goal is to stop existing altogether and reunite with the transcendent "one".

Dharmic religions, yeah, they can really depress... I think it if there is ("was" option for me here :D ) no "conscious" afterlife, then our lives are very... vain? I'm not sure if it's the best word to put it there, but what I mean here is that it would suck if we were such a limited beings... unable to see if what we had been doing have been right... unable to see how we've changed the world, or even living place... never sure if anything's gonna be ok with Earth... like closing box of chess on death...

Well, a friend of mine once stated that religion is for the weak, who are unable to face reality and have to explain their failures instead of working towards better future.

I think ability to face reality does not depend on one's beliefs... some people can, others just can't (and become losers a little bit - but is there anybody who has no bad days at all? :P ). Some people don't help in creating better future, no matter of their alleged beliefs. However, I do think that true christian (who I really want to be, but I fail many times) SHOULD try to improve our world. afaik Bible encourages to work rather than to hedonism. maybe Bible is for the weak, encourages us, but it's quite hard to live properly according to Bible due to its deep meaning instead of strict rules, so it is give and take.

And I must agree with Rob:
We live as we do to show the world what it could be
[...]
Heroes are those who don't just accept the way things are;
And so I'd rather be driver :)

btw
I'm finishing scripting of the remake of kaboom (atari) in JS for ziza now :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:50:35 pm by LymphoCite_T »
:):):)

Offline Ziza

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:07:02 am »
But don't listen to me, I'm just depressed.

I am actually preparing to live at below the minimum wage. And I ruminate on the past a lot. A waste of time, but that's how I roll. Basically, I am going to fail my studies, again (computer studies this time). I won't have any degree, so I'll have to do some manual work. IF I find a job at all.
Basically, anything to not live at the country's or my parents' expense. I don't want to leech money from other people any longer. (Remember Amber Gold, by the way? Heheh... You've gotta be a dick to exploit other people's naiveté). I want to repay the debt somehow.

And you know how depression mixes up with those grim perspectives. You think somewhere along the line: "wouldn't it be better for everyone if I just offed myself?". But that's thinking too much. Nobody knows the future. And as long as you have one person worth living for, I suppose you shouldn't do that.

(...)

Always ahead of the truth in us. Longing to be more than we are just because. Time holds a candle for each of us - don't let it burn without meaning or a cause. That stresses me out to no end. What if I fail? Haven't countless billions died that way? No matter what you say, I cannot feel any better about my situation.

Dude - MAN UP. Apathy's gonna take you nowhere. If you are studying (computer sciences especially, they can take you the farthest), devote to it, especially that probably your parents have invested a lot in your education already. That should be your way of repaying the debt. It's better to leech a little more and make a good use of it or leave the country and have a worthy income rather than end up living below the minimum wage and wasting your life just to do... anything. There is definitely something you're good at - work on it.

Like this guy:

I'm finishing scripting of the remake of kaboom (atari) in JS for ziza now :)

Not that I'm TL;DRing you guys, but that's the message of the day.

Offline Aeon

Re: various things not going to one's blog due to laziness
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 08:02:29 pm »
Will I grow a pair if I repress the thoughts that make me worried? I have a hard time doing that. And the more time I waste worrying pointlessly, the better the chance my worries will become true.

So I try to relax. Not through video games, or entertainment, or music, just through calming down. The fact is, all of this programming bullshit is hard, but the only thing I can do is NOT think about it, ignore and continue, Kim Jong Il style... My thoughts are corrupted and toxic, I have to take action. I have already wasted too much time on inaction.

The only annoying thing is, years of gaming have made my life shallow, and when I try to talk with someone about things, it is either about video games, something relevant to my life, or - you guessed it - my problems. I find solitude hard to handle.

I'm so full of shit, my eyes are brown. Actions speak louder than words do.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.