Author Topic: A Graphic Novel  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
A Graphic Novel
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:59:08 am »
So recently I started to write some fan fiction for a game that I like to play called Persona 3. The fiction didn't necessarily follow the game directly it followed the concept of all the Persona games as well as the Shin Megami Tensei games. And I've been working on a main plot and story arcs to turn it into a Graphic Novel/Comic. Pitching the idea to a great artist who has the same love for these games he agreed to do the art for me. This is definitely going to be a fan effort but I hope that fans will enjoy reading it. Those who like the Shin Megami Tensei and Persona games. Here's some concept art so far for you to take a look at and let me know what you think:

Main Character (Nox): http://i50.tinypic.com/2qdwqk2.jpg
MC's Friend (Ryan): http://i45.tinypic.com/e8sjfm.jpg
Baddie/Demon Concept: http://i45.tinypic.com/21nk591.jpg

He's really freaking talented and I can't wait to get this project 100% started. Right now I'm just going through some story arcs to make sure I have enough material to create a good series. So far feedback from friends has been phenomenal. Let me know what you think of this art :D

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
Re: A Graphic Novel
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:09:50 pm »
Very nice artwork, even though the characters looked a bit too depressed for my tastes (but what's to expect from a setting where you use magic by shooting yourself in the head).
Really liked the design of Nox' persona.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »
Love the artwork and character design. Good luck to you. :)
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:10:46 pm »
Thank you for the kind words! So far things are coming together nicely and the story is just badass. I'm working through some story arc tweaks right now. There's going to be more of a mixture of the older Persona games and Shin Megami Tensei in here. Trying to put some extra horror aspects into it like in Persona 2. I haven't figured out how I want them to evoke their Persona's but I'm thinking of staying away from the gun-style evoker. I could use that with one party member but I've been trying to think of unique ways each person summons.