Author Topic: Dark Knight Rises mas shooting  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Ark

Don't go with the croud go against it

Offline Digital0verl0rd

• Leet
Re: Dark Knight Rises mas shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:50:17 am »
I'd like to know motive of his act..

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:39:57 am »
This is so sad. I heard about this on my way in to work today and apparently the guy bought a ticket, acting like he was going to take a phone call. Exited through the emergency exit, left it propped or a way to get back in. Suits up a flat jacket and gas mask. Packs 3 diff guns. Walks in throws down tear gas canisters and just starts opening fire. It's horrible. Then afterwards he just gives up to police. He's also saying over and over that he's the Joker to police from one report I read. His apartment is also rigged with traps that the police have said it will be days before they can safely maneuver through the place. It's a huge tragedy.

Offline Tosenaeus

• Mostly harmless
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 01:01:19 pm »
I don't know what's the worst part... The shooting itself or, that the gun lobby didn't hesitate to defend the lax gun laws ('private gun restrictions may well have had “tragic consequences” in the shootings.' I mean, seriously?) or to discredit those calling for stronger laws.
That's cynic.
Reawake - the last man dies alone.

Offline Ziza

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 01:12:31 pm »
This is sick.

I am impatiently awaiting to finally hear this guy's motives...

Offline Aeon

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 08:53:54 pm »
"Dates and Seeger, like others in the theater, thought the man and the smoke were all part of the show."
Well that's an interesting idea...

There are all sorts of wicked, twisted people in the world. I should know. Misguided, lost, dreaming of cruelty. Alone on the internet, getting all sorts of weird ideas. Individuals who think of death, suicide and genocide way too much. Way too self-absorbed, with no-one else near them to think about, their lives an isolated, gaping void of meaninglessness.

"What the hell", he might have thought, "let's pull the trigger because that will get me known. I refuse to be your average Joe." So dumb. So immature. So deliciously, ironically serious.

Seriously, he probably needed friendship and sex, and everything would have ended alright. Of course he would still exhibit his sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies, but those would get ironed out a little bit over time to make him a stable, reasonable human being.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Ark

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 10:08:27 pm »
In the article it said:  "The gunman moved through the crowd and stopped in front of Seeger. He pointed a long rifle at her face and said nothing. He shot at the person sitting behind her, Seeger said. "I have no idea why he didn't shoot me." This may or may not be related to the shooting.
Don't go with the croud go against it