Author Topic: Mass Effect 3, You Mad Bro? *SPOILERS*  (Read 3094 times)

Offline Caranfin

Re: Mass Effect 3, You Mad Bro? *SPOILERS*
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 11:02:53 pm »
Oh... Well, I must admit I'm a bit disappointed. I thought I could finally get a good discussion with someone who likes the ending; most places online seem to have degenerated into echo chambers for people who hate the endings. :D

What do you mean by RPG elements? The inventory management? Non-combat skills? You also mention that you're finding the writing horrible on this playthrough. Could you elaborate on that? Like I said, I found the quality of writing to be generally pretty good. The main offenders to me were the beginning (terrible pacing, attack on Earth lacking in gravitas), Kai Leng (seriously what the fuck that's the lamest goddamn guy), and of course the ending (not gonna summarize here, jeez).

Anyway, it's not all negative is it? Personally, I freaking love the rest of the game. The ending wouldn't be such a kick in the nuts if the rest weren't so awesome! What parts did you guys really like?

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 01:21:47 am »
I laughed. :D

Also for anyone hopeful: I want to point out that no "alternate ending" has been announced. They've said they're taking in the feedback and thinking about a good way to appease the fans without compromising the writers' "artistic integrity".

EDIT: Also I feel the need to link this here because lol Kai Leng.

Christ that is some terrible goddamn prose.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 02:47:44 pm by Caranfin »

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 04:22:40 pm »
The Extended Cut DLC is out today, btw. It'll be a few weeks before I get to play it, but after reading some reactions to a few spoilers (which I didn't read) I'm cautiously optimistic that it'll address at least some of the glaring problems in the original ending.

It'll probably still be dumb, but I'm hoping for something less incomprehensibly stupid than the original.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 09:23:09 pm »
Oh, nice! Will wait for a bit to play it though. I have shit to do yo.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."