Author Topic: So....much........RAGE  (Read 8744 times)

Offline Palantyre

Re: So....much........RAGE
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 07:47:15 pm »
"Hurr durr they said something negative about that thing so they're obviously OFFENDED."

No, we're not necessarily offended per se, we just think the idea of retconning the Turtles' origin story like that is a shitty idea.
And even if people are offended by it, what the fuck is it to you? Was it your idea to make them aliens? No? Well if you don't like people talking about something you have zero investment in, don't read the bloody topic.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 08:30:33 pm »
"Hurr durr they said something negative about that thing so they're obviously OFFENDED."

No, we're not necessarily offended per se, we just think the idea of retconning the Turtles' origin story like that is a shitty idea.
And even if people are offended by it, what the fuck is it to you? Was it your idea to make them aliens? No? Well if you don't like people talking about something you have zero investment in, don't read the bloody topic.

It's been my job to read through all pages of this forum for almost ten years, it's a habit that's hard to stop. It's also not quite that simple, and you know it. But if you really want to be a dick about it, I'm sure we can sort it all out in a rather swift fashion.

And for the record, if you read about an idea that's bad and you take the time to write a forum post saying how bad it is - you're way too invested in it all from the start and should probably chill the fuck out. And that goes for you too, Palantyre. It'll be better for you in the long run. ;P
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 10:46:55 pm »
I don't know about you, but I don't really find typing a couple of sentences to require an incredible amount of effort or investment in the topic.

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 11:10:35 pm »
I don't know about you, but I don't really find typing a couple of sentences to require an incredible amount of effort or investment in the topic.

It's more than .. say.. not doing it.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 12:14:33 am »
Sure, but I wouldn't call "Hey that looks dumb, I wonder what my pals over on the Machinae forums think about this" anywhere near "way too invested". You don't necessarily have to be all CONSUMED IN RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION to post a thread about something! People on the internet are also pretty prone to use hyperbole so you have tons of people saying they hate something when it's honestly just something that mildly annoys them.

Oh and guys they could still totally be mutant aliens.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:00:30 am by Caranfin »

Offline Aeon

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 02:12:38 pm »
I'll be honest with you: I don't think I am even going to watch the movie. :P We'll see, Caranfin. Most of those movies inspired by comic books prove to be alright in the end anyway, don't they? I only watched Iron Man. I don't know Tony Stark's past or what is canon and what is not, but it was a pretty decent B-grade action movie in my book.

But then again, I enjoyed watching Uwe Boll's Postal.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 11:18:01 pm »

And for the record, if you read about an idea that's bad and you take the time to write a forum post saying how bad it is - you're way too invested in it all from the start and should probably chill the fuck out. And that goes for you too, Palantyre. It'll be better for you in the long run. ;P

Hey! Don´t you like, write articles for a homepage where you express your thoughts about things you consider bad ideas? ;)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Hadou

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 12:56:06 am »

Hey! Don´t you like, write articles for a homepage where you express your thoughts about things you consider bad ideas? ;)

[Hypocrisy detected]
[Ragequit initiated]

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 01:12:47 am »
Chill it, people!
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Hadou

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 01:57:37 am »
Chill it, people!

Meh, I was never part of this conversation. I merely read enough of the paragraph-long posts to know that this thread should probably be moved to "Random."

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 09:53:11 am »

Well, yes. Most of them slighly more important than Teenage Mutant Ninja Alien Turtle Woodchuck Bongsmoke Badbreath, I feel. Most of them, at least. Or, a few. Maybe one.

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 01:52:44 am »

Yes, because Michael Bay changing something about a TV show you watched as a child to make a blockbuster movie with too many explosions is right up there on the importance scale with ending discrimination, defending free speech, and stopping senseless violence. The law says I can't get married where I live, governments are trying to impose regulation on the Internet, and countless people are losing their lives to tyranny in other parts of the world, but have you heard about the new Michael Bay movie? He must be stopped!

Sorry, Mashed. I understand the point you're trying to make, but the two simply don't compare.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:57:04 am by Riax »
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 06:34:24 pm »

Yes, because Michael Bay changing something about a TV show you watched as a child to make a blockbuster movie with too many explosions is right up there on the importance scale with ending discrimination, defending free speech, and stopping senseless violence. The law says I can't get married where I live, governments are trying to impose regulation on the Internet, and countless people are losing their lives to tyranny in other parts of the world, but have you heard about the new Michael Bay movie? He must be stopped!

Sorry, Mashed. I understand the point you're trying to make, but the two simply don't compare.

Of course those things you mentioned are more important  :)

I just think that everyone should be allowed to express their opinion on anything :D

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »
They can. They did. And I expressed mine.

Problem? No.

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 09:04:17 pm »
well...APPARENTLY I named this thread correctly.

GJ people!  ::)

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil