Author Topic: Great Anime  (Read 7638 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Great Anime
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:41:37 am »
So I realized the thread I had created before on Anime was a suggestion thread. But I wanted to talk about anime that I'm excited for and ones that I like etc. So I decided to make a newer one. Update time!

Are there any fans of Berserk in here? Then you may or may not have heard of the new Berserk anime which looks (well imo looks shitty with the cel-shaded graphics) BUT regardless I will watch because it's supposed to not only retell the Berserk story...but continue it! I loved that anime and it was such a great dark fantasy epic. But the end was of course very cliff hanger and left me wanting moar that I started to tpb the manga because that was still there.

Now a studio has picked up Berserk and has had it for quite some time but now we are seeing the fruits of that. I can't wait. Because they are staying faithful to the series just like the last anime and I can't wait to see it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_Golden_Age_Arc

Offline Ark

Re: Great Anime
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:34:53 am »
Sooo this is an anime thred right? Well look at this lol

I didn't make it :S
Don't go with the croud go against it

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:57:06 am »
If they ever made a live action Americanized version of Death Note and Justin Bieber was Light, I'd personally mail a box of my own shit to the director of that movie's doorstep.

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:40:40 am »
If they ever made a live action Americanized version of Death Note and Justin Bieber was Light, I'd personally mail a box of my own shit to the director of that movie's doorstep.

But it'd be the best troll move in history.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:48:37 am »

But it'd be the best troll move in history.

That is true lol. Now we all know that live action tends to butcher about anything animated or book related. But in the essence of your mind, if someone made a perfect live action movie of your favorite anime. What would that be?

I personally would love to see s-CRY-ed turned into a live action movie.

Offline MarioMaster100

• Atari & arcade music formed my chiptune love.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 05:37:35 pm »
Haha, don't blame you, I wouldn't watch that either ;D

Signature and avatar credits to: MFreak and others from n-forums.com

Offline Ziza

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 11:22:22 pm »

Even then, there still would be chance it would be better than the japanese one...

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:19:16 am »

Even then, there still would be chance it would be better than the japanese one...

I actually liked the Japanese one to be honest.

I just watched the first episode of Blue Exorcist and thought it was pretty freaking sweet. Going to watch episode 2 later today. Have you seen it? If not you should definitely watch it. You can find it streaming free here: http://www.crackle.com/c/Blue_Exorcist

Let me know what you think :D

Offline Mithrandil

• Poetica
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 06:09:12 pm »
The Berserk manga is awesome, and is among my all time favorites. The old anime however is kinda meh, eventhough it's faithful to the manga. Hopefully the new anime will do what Hellsing Ultimate did for Hellsing - make an awesome adaption to the animated form :)

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 06:29:35 pm »
They're currently working on a live-action adaption of Another, I believe. I hope that it will be good, just as the anime. Althought the anime was really fucking awesome.

If you want it then just check Nyaa.eu, and search for the HorribleSubs subs. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCP71G6xeKo&feature=player_embedded
Well fuck.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:32:34 pm by machinaeFREAK »
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline endshark

• Super Rad
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 11:07:04 pm »
I don't tend to watch a lot of anime compared to a lot of people, but I've been getting more into it over the last couple years here.

My faves though are Dead Leaves and Redline. Both have wicked styles and have left an impact on me artistically.

Here is a trailer for Redline:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2H_FsmxWzc

And here is Dead Leaves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6suX5z40dkg&feature=related

I also really like a collection of shorts called Genius Party, and then Genius Party Beyond. Basically I guess I'm not the hugest on series haha, I seem to take better to movies or shorts. I also really enjoy Hellsing Ultimate.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 03:56:44 pm »
Also,

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, the greatest anime ever made.

"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 06:17:29 am »
Also,

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, the greatest anime ever made.

+1

Also loving Archer right now although its not weeaboo animus.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline endshark

• Super Rad
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 07:40:43 am »
Just finished watching Xam'd: The Lost Memory again (for the third time).

I totally recommend it, its pretty sick.

Oh, and Cowboy Bebop is the tits too.

Offline Crimzen

• Sleeping Awake
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »
Right now I have started Fate Stay Night and enjoying it quite a bit. Beginning is a bit slow, but the action and story concept is badass! Can't wait to see where it goes :D