Author Topic: Edge and Pearl lyrics  (Read 24851 times)

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
Re: Edge and Pearl lyrics
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2011, 01:56:14 am »
You guys just all remind me why I stepped down as gmod.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Hadou

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2011, 02:11:15 am »
Trolololol.

All I said was "Such is life on the internets" and I get a spew of abuse. The comment about the post count was meant at the fact you said my post "smells of redundancy" when you clearly have barely posted at all.

If you guys feel that my posts are lacking in whatever you feel is required from this forum, so be it, but I never expected to take so much crap for writing two frickin' sentences.

Plus, isn't this entire conversation getting a little redundant in itself? Shall we drop it?

Offline Anhtrobote

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2011, 02:13:09 am »
Advice would be better than shallow degradation of our opinions so we can change for the better :-)

Hadou: "smells of redundancy" should have been aimed more on [Aeon], the word "smells" was maybe a bit exaggerated, I apologize.
Again, I didn't receive any explamation how the post count relates to the strength of arguments, instead I am accused of trolling, rationality is thrown away.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:30:04 am by anhtrobote »

Hadou

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 02:38:53 am »
Hadou: I don't want to be annoying, but this kind of posts smells of redundancy a lot more to me.

Hadou: "smells of redundancy" should have been aimed more on [Aeon], the word "smells" was maybe a bit exaggerated, I apologize.

Lawl.

...instead I am accused of trolling, rationality is thrown away.

I don't have rationality. Apology accepted.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 02:43:21 am »
sudo back to topic

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2011, 11:28:02 am »
Advice would be better than shallow degradation of our opinions so we can change for the better :-)

No, I think I'll stick to degradation, although it has nothing to do with your opinions but rather your behavior. My days of keeping people in line here is over, thank $deity. No matter what, dezo has a point. Getting back to topic and all that, let me let Edge and pearl describe my feelings since I quit my modship: "I have not a sinister heart, but a mind at peace"
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2011, 11:43:34 am »
gotta love the hate in this forum

Spread the love, dude... :P

[/hippie]

I was being sarcastic if you missed that. This forum is going shit these days 

Offline Anhtrobote

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2011, 01:08:37 pm »
What I was aiming for, was a clarification of the "necromancy" issue (since this topic has already been started), nothing more. And I think this is about an opinion.
If the first response to my first post was sent as PM, we could have avoided this discussion which went astray. On the other side, the necromancy topic would have not been solved, which sadly hasn't been anyway :) So I don't understand why anybody didn't provided me with this clarification. I also have a mind at peace, but also mind that strive for solved conflicts and reasonable discussion - refraining from it in the light of peaceful non-conflict passive mind doesn't help much.

Hadou: I don't understand why you are comparing my reactions. I admitted that I used a bit strong word and that I maybe targeted the wrong person, but my point stays there.

If nobody has anything to contribute to the "thread ressurection", I am satisfied with ending this forked & leaked process and returning back to the topic.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 04:22:09 pm by anhtrobote »

Offline Aeon

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2011, 12:38:31 pm »
"smells of redundancy" should have been aimed more on [Aeon]
Indeed. I made a completely unnecessary comment, didn't I.
Imma just go back to sleep.

* [Aeon] returns to lurking in overly spacious ventillation shafts.
...and die a tool?
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Anhtrobote

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2011, 03:37:03 pm »
Ideally the posts should be moved to a new thread to obtain a promotion being "on topic", I would remain a #1 necromancer (together with my opinion which asserts necromancy doesn't pose "a problem to all forums") and everyone (including new forum members and visitors) would hopefully be happy :-) but I'm afraid this forum system is not capable of it.

Offline Anhtrobote

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2011, 01:41:41 am »
Sorry to open this off-topic again, but this matter still roams through my mind. I see the nature of this out-of-topic discussion as a real malady of all forums and not just forums - of all the conversations and confrontations. The inability to listen, analyze and directly respond to the arguments of the opposition, instead of trying to attack the person from a different perspective, to take the lead again at all cost. Abusing and twisting popular terms like "trolling" is another bad habit - just leading to a fueled hate. All I want is to make a discussion better, to let it go forward, not to run in circles. I believe - even as a novice to this forum - that this is one of the reasons why the forum(s) "is going shit these days" and I am trying to help with it, not just to state this fact.

Offline LymphoCite_T

• SiteDeveloper
    • visit me at youtube!
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2011, 12:30:43 pm »
Sorry to open this off-topic again, but this matter still roams through my mind. I see the nature of this out-of-topic discussion as a real malady of all forums and not just forums - of all the conversations and confrontations. The inability to listen, analyze and directly respond to the arguments of the opposition, instead of trying to attack the person from a different perspective, to take the lead again at all cost. Abusing and twisting popular terms like "trolling" is another bad habit - just leading to a fueled hate. All I want is to make a discussion better, to let it go forward, not to run in circles. I believe - even as a novice to this forum - that this is one of the reasons why the forum(s) "is going shit these days" and I am trying to help with it, not just to state this fact.
Wise words :)
:):):)

Offline Aeon

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2011, 01:29:32 pm »
A failure to communicate that leads to misunderstanding, perhaps. We have this tendency to want to come off on top for whatever reason. In real life and on the web alike.

Then all that is left to do is to acknowledge our mistake and stick to the topics that are off-topic and the lyrics of Edge and Pearl. I don't really see discussions occassionally veering from its original course as a bad thing. Or necromancy, which is why I made that redundant post of mine. So long as people think about what they are doing, and it was probably ok of you to resurrect this thread.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Anhtrobote

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2012, 04:02:04 pm »
We have this tendecy, because we are learned to and it's a bad habbit which confines our minds (mine too). There need not to be both the winner and looser, like there need not to be both the good and evil.
Thanks for your recognition, I should have react better too.