Author Topic: WTF people  (Read 15829 times)

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
WTF people
« on: March 02, 2012, 09:45:19 pm »
What happened to the days of people....yknow...discussing things on here?

Im not one to talk mind you, I havent been that active for a while, but mostly due to being gone for a month and coming back to the same threads being on top, with 1 reply.

Long gone are the days when I had 6 threads to reply to each hour, and I really miss having conversations with the select few who posted all the time back then (back before the great Fallout Fallout, not a typo, person and reaction).

I miss MDX drunk posts.....

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
Re: WTF people
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:00:21 pm »
The select few became the select fewer. Many migrated to facebook, and that's most likely where everything will end up, and this will certainly perish and die.
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Community Supporter
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 11:12:55 pm »
Social networks have their uses, but every time I see people posting paragraphs upon paragraphs of text in fucking comments, I die a little inside. I think there will always be a need for a more robust discussion board.

I feel somewhat the same as you; it is certainly quieter here these days. Perhaps, in order to foster the kind of activity that drew me to create my account in the first place, I must stop lurking and contribute more to the discussion. I will work on that.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:15:45 pm by Riax »
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 11:55:34 pm »
People get older, boards die out. The circle of life. Also, I remember when band members used to visit and post here more than once in a few months.

INB4 GORDON/ROBERT: "We still visit/post!"

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 12:20:50 am »
Hmmm... Back then when this forum started quieting down I wondered similar things. Oh why do people post so little, why I can't go on and on rambling about various serious and not so serious odd topics and off topics and what not topics... Where's all the FUN? Well... I thought about it and came into conclusion that us, the dwellers, define our own dungeon. Right now this is reality.

True that Facebook has stolen quite large portion of people's time. But also it's true that situation's do change in people's life. Since this forum started lot's of things has happened in my life, for example. I've divorced, got married again, got two kids somewhere there in-between those years, crashed my car with truck, changed my workplace twice and... Well, tons and tons of other stuff. I still do see strange dreams, I still do some really strange stuff. I do miss occasionally those conversations that used to take their place here, mindtripping, mindboggling odysseys to somewhere that went far beyond absurdity and decency. I know that people that used to be regular here, people who still lurk in the shadows, are still capable to do such things. Easily. I know that magick is still there. Only problem is that magic... It has to come spontaneously. It needs chemistry, it needs heat, passion, sparks, thunder, lighting... It needs fuel and air. And there will be explosion. Or atleast decent inferno. And lots of pyromaniac finns doing some sausage-grilling on open fire at midsummer. Wearing yellow rubber cloaks. Or something.

Problem is that we're lacking right now those creative sparks that inspire spontaneous bursts of insanity. I do come here regularly and I do try to smell the air. I want to feel the smoke, smell the smoke. I do have my sausage ready. When there will be fire I will be grilling. Maybe it starts from your inquiry maybe it starts from some other spark. I don't know. But I'm waiting. Did I mention that I got my sausage ready? Oh. I did.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Moheeheeko

• Stick 'em with the pointy end.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 12:25:37 am »
And there is a blast from the forum past, a good Gravehill essay :P

Looks daunting, but I always enjoy reading them.

"Jesus Christ, or so I have been led to believe from the revelations he has apparently made on this forum, fucks kittens. Or possibly cats."-Fiindil

Offline mumppis

• I Know The mumppis
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:00 am »
derp  :o

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 01:59:09 am »
I bet people will post like crazy again when the new album nears its completion ;)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 07:42:38 am »
I bet people will post like crazy again when the new album nears its completion ;)

That's true it always does. I stay active quite a bit in the User Release Collection, mainly because the active members there are the one's I talk to the most. And we're busy making our noises and sounds :) I get good ideas and topic starters (like Deep Stuff) just because I do feel that 'well darn' feeling when I click on the 'New Posts' or 'New Replies to Your Posts' and nothing is there. I like it more here than Facebook.

There's just something here that's not captured on Facebook. Seeing paragraph long comments on status updates is annoying. It's an advanced Twitter. But here in depth and long discussions can take place. And I miss posting in here a lot. I'm up to posting even more and come out of lurk mode as Riax said!

I'm willing to put forth more effort that I already have. ^.^

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 02:27:26 pm »
What happened to the days of people....yknow...discussing things on here?

So what would you expect to be discussed?

There isn't much MaSu news right now. And about music in general, I think most people believe there are other (better) places to discuss it.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »
I think it's not that much question of interesting topics of discussion but chemistry, really. For example I don't need topics when I hang out with friends IRL and at certain forums. It's just constant flow of ideas, creative process, "thoughts that come alive". I once, here at this forum, discussed bit about my "soul well" theory - that people are like wells, connected by underground currents and streams... And that there are different kind of waters in each of us, wells of souls... Anyway, we each create currents, streams, flows of ideas... where these streams meet, they react... Now if we want good reaction, that something actually happen, there's gotta be somesort of feed... Something where others can join, bit like singing in chorus orslt. Anyways... What we need is just flow of ideas, I'm sure that they will react someday. Discussions like this is one good example about that flow... Or that "deep stuff" thread. People will react and reactions create stronger flows... Bit like this

Original idea ---> reaction ---> discussion ---> reaction ---> inspiration ---> new idea ---> reaction ---> etc etc etc

In the end we can all be eachother's muse.
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 09:49:17 pm »
More true words hardly spoken, Gravehill. I agree with you!

Offline Wheim

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 10:26:22 pm »
I think we need something to shock it back to life..

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »
I think we need something to shock it back to life..

Let's make somekind of forum-based network in which we do stuff, then.

Or something like that
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 12:59:17 am »
We either need a band member to leave, or one to come back. That always works.  :P