Gaming & Media > Gaming & Media

Jets'n'Guns

(1/7) > >>

Chronologix:
Alright (most threads are YEARS old on this now) I am taking a new stab at Jets'n'Guns (and recording my failures for ze youtubes :D)

Ive tried looking up some things for Jets'n'Guns such as weapon loadouts etc. but following guides really isnt my thing, so some simple suggestions would be nice.

I had the hardest time on level 2 for a while, but managed to beat it, and after changing a ton of loadouts, ships, etc. and general fiddling I managed to get much farther now (im at the...Borg mug type thing)

Using pretty much maxed out Radiator, La Fontaine, Homing Missile, and Auto-track (for those pesky spacemen) and it seems to be working pretty good, but even so much as nicking 1 single enemy ship seems to just be absolutely devastating to mine. Bullets are actually laughable in comparison to the amount of damage walls/buildings/other ships are when they touch you.

Weapon and armor loadouts are not a huge huge issue for me, im just wondering which of the secondary purchases are worth getting early on (I got the Atarix and Carnage TV thing) but with the new ships you get alot of new variations like nano-heal bots and mission/boss meters etc.

Are these very useful or should I just save all my money for amping the damage of weapons and eventually maxing hull integrity?

(also if you want to watch any of my shit-tastic commentaries, my channel is just Chronologix

Hadou:
Subscribed.

Sorry I can't really help you, I played J'n'G a long time ago, and can't really remember. I might fire it up again and play from the start again.

Tolkki:
I suggest that you buy and use the time-slowing machine as it makes everything more predictable, and it's extremely useful in boss fights. In some levels I even used to have it on for the whole level.
Upgrading hull integrity is also a good idea, but imo speed (and if you like to use heavy weapons then also upgrade heat sink) is more useful.

Chronologix:

--- Quote from: Tolkki on February 11, 2012, 03:43:19 pm ---I suggest that you buy and use the time-slowing machine as it makes everything more predictable, and it's extremely useful in boss fights. In some levels I even used to have it on for the whole level.
Upgrading hull integrity is also a good idea, but imo speed (and if you like to use heavy weapons then also upgrade heat sink) is more useful.

--- End quote ---

For the current ship i am using I couldn't actually find a heat reduction upgrade, but I do have the time slower available, I just didnt look at its price. Does it not have a meter/cooldown/duration? It sounds helpful if it can be used whenever, for as long as you want (although it may make for some very uninteresting videos :P)

Tolkki:

--- Quote from: Chronologix on February 12, 2012, 12:17:57 am ---
--- Quote from: Tolkki on February 11, 2012, 03:43:19 pm ---I suggest that you buy and use the time-slowing machine as it makes everything more predictable, and it's extremely useful in boss fights. In some levels I even used to have it on for the whole level.

--- End quote ---

For the current ship i am using I couldn't actually find a heat reduction upgrade, but I do have the time slower available, I just didnt look at its price. Does it not have a meter/cooldown/duration? It sounds helpful if it can be used whenever, for as long as you want (although it may make for some very uninteresting videos :P)

--- End quote ---
Well I have used it non-stop through some levels and alot of bosses so I think there's no cooldown to it. Also, I would rather watch a long video of slowmotion gaming than a video where you die to every tenth enemy.
Because I watched some of your videos, my JNG fingers are now itchy and I shall also start playing JNG. And btw, JNG 2 is being made, and here's a pic from it: http://www.rakeingrass.com/jng2/index.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version