Author Topic: Video Game Music  (Read 17962 times)

Offline Aeon

Re: Video Game Music
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2012, 02:46:50 pm »
So I've found out about Dust: an Elysian Tail recently. The music was pretty darn good. As was the rest of the game, actually. I was completely blown away by it overall.
Especially this one from the OST was very memorable: Cirromon Caverns - really set the mood of the place.

And the best part is... remember Chris (Megadokyo) and his Hyperduck Soundworks crew?

Well, they did that soundtrack! Mad props to you guys.

--------------------------

Then there is Black Mesa Source. It's not Kelly Bailey, but Joel Nielsen I think did a great job composing music that was not a mere imitation of Bailey's work.

On a Rail 1 - I thought it matched the mood of the cruise through the flooded tunnels pretty well.
It's not the first game's Sirens in the Distance. In fact, I think On a Rail 1 is better.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline endshark

• Super Rad
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2012, 06:03:42 am »
I've been playing through Dust lately and its pretty awesome. The character grate on me at times/make me laugh (not in a good way) but the game itself is amazingly fun. The soundtrack is fantastic too! Didn't realize that a forum member here worked on it - and that's rad :O!!

Offline megashroom°

• Things!
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2012, 10:24:41 am »
I've been playing through Dust lately and its pretty awesome. The character grate on me at times/make me laugh (not in a good way) but the game itself is amazingly fun. The soundtrack is fantastic too! Didn't realize that a forum member here worked on it - and that's rad :O!!

I'm definitely playing Dust asap.
Do check them ducks out. They started out with the soundtrack for IJI, a game made by another ancient forum member (Spiff).

http://hyperduck.bandcamp.com/
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

Offline Aeon

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2012, 08:46:17 am »
Super Hexagon, anyone? The game haunts my dreams, but I've spent about 10 hours listening to "Focus" by Chipzel and it still sounds neat.

It sounds really good when played in reverse, too. Maybe better than the original.

However, "Courtesy" brings back more pleasant memories than "Focus", because that's the song of the hard/hardester difficulty, as opposed to the hardest/hardestestest one, meaning I failed less on that one and actually got to listen to pretty long parts of the song in the game, not on YouTube.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Digital0verl0rd

• Leet
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2012, 04:15:34 am »
Super Hexagon, anyone? The game haunts my dreams, but I've spent about 10 hours listening to "Focus" by Chipzel and it still sounds neat.

It sounds really good when played in reverse, too. Maybe better than the original.

However, "Courtesy" brings back more pleasant memories than "Focus", because that's the song of the hard/hardester difficulty, as opposed to the hardest/hardestestest one, meaning I failed less on that one and actually got to listen to pretty long parts of the song in the game, not on YouTube.

Chipzel is awsome gurl indeed :) I've been listening to her for a while. Her phonetic symphony album is really funky and it's in my ears on daily basis.