Author Topic: I Have A Browser Hijack Problem :/  (Read 7310 times)

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
Re: I Have A Browser Hijack Problem :/
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 11:40:48 am »
Don't be sad Hadou! I've tried most of everything now and it doesn't happen as often anymore. But I figured that it's probably not harmful, or sucking personal data from me. I just have to copy and paste the thing I'm searching instead of clicking it in Google and no problems. I can live with that. I want to thank Yas though for all the help, esp when I didn't know anything lol.

Offline Ark

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 06:36:53 pm »
 Lucky you don't have teamviewer? or you just don't want me to go in your computer? because i think i can help but if you don't want to its ok.
Oh and ziza took down his pic :O and i can never get the verification letters in the first try  :'(
Don't go with the croud go against it

Hadou

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 06:53:33 pm »
Lucky you don't have teamviewer? or you just don't want me to go in your computer? because i think i can help but if you don't want to its ok.
Oh and ziza took down his pic :O and i can never get the verification letters in the first try  :'(

Lol, I wouldn't trust team viewer with as far I could throw my computer, peripherals and all.

Offline Ark

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 07:10:04 pm »

Lol, I wouldn't trust team viewer with as far I could throw my computer, peripherals and all.

This: http://www.lockergnome.com/mattryan/2011/03/24/is-teamviewer-safe/

Hadou

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 07:14:21 pm »

This: http://www.lockergnome.com/mattryan/2011/03/24/is-teamviewer-safe/

"Even with all of this in place, it’s ultimately up to the user to make sure they don’t give out information on how to access their computer to anyone they don’t absolutely trust. TeamViewer is built for businesses with established trust between employees to access company machines and data. While their personal non-commercial license is currently free, giving access keys out to someone you barely know or don’t absolutely trust is no different than letting them sit in front of your computer and view all your files outright. The best rule of thumb here is if you wouldn’t let them in your home to sit at your desk and work on your computer, don’t let them do it remotely."

Encryption or not, I don't trust it, in the same way I don't let people sit down and use my computer without me being present and alert.

Offline Ark

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21:42 pm »
Have you used it? you can see everything the other person is doing through teamviewer and cancel connection whenever you want and also limit what they can access and do but i agree you should not let people in who you don't trust and i would never dare to hack into any fellow machine fans computer if you want ill let you in mine to show you :P but not now I'm at school XD
I forgot to add after every session password changes automatically.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:25:13 pm by Ark »

Offline Ziza

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 08:50:18 pm »

Wat