Author Topic: Rise of a Digital Nation  (Read 95298 times)

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
Re: Rise of a Digital Nation
« Reply #600 on: December 31, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »
I say, you think too much, gentlemen. Especially if one line of text is enough to make a song least favourite.

Well, that I could understand. If you like all songs, and one songs has lyrics you don't like, that's the onle you like the least, right?

Then again, I wouldn't really get worried over lyrics either. I like it when lyrics are especially good, though it bothers me when lyrics are really stupid as well.

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #601 on: January 01, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »
Perhaps it's meant satirical? Not sure ofcourse. But it could be that the lyrics refer to how gamers act online?

Hmm, that's a point I hadn't considered.

And no, it's not just that line that makes it my least favorite on the album. That said, I don't dislike it, I just don't like it as much as certain others.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #602 on: January 02, 2013, 01:35:33 am »
So, me being autistic as fuck, I didn't want to listen to the new album until I had a physical copy. But time was short and 2013 was coming closer, so I decided to give the album a listen on soundcloud. I was blown away. Every song is amazing, with Transgenic being my favourite. And the vocals? I want to marry Rob's voice now. 

I can't wait for you guys coming to Netherlands again.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline XandrosUltima

• War Angel's Panzerfaust
« Reply #603 on: January 02, 2013, 07:54:39 am »
Something that might interest you: http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/details.php?id=28106

What got me was the line "Nice to see them reduce the brickwalling a bit, but... unfortunately, this not worth much when the mixing is worse than ever."

Exactly what I said before.

Offline Schattenjaeger

« Reply #604 on: February 12, 2013, 09:36:31 am »
And bear in mind, that's lossy. 128 is horrifically low quality for anything complicated - and MaSu is almost always complicated. I don't see how those people get off measuring DR on a low-rate mp3. That's just musically bankrupt.

In actual news, New Hero has grown on me to the point where Old Hero is no longer listenable.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:38:05 am by Schattenjaeger »

Offline Schattenjaeger

« Reply #605 on: February 19, 2013, 11:30:55 pm »
Having just finished reading it, I have to ask: Is there an intended correlation between the song, "Laser Speed Force," and the book, "The Dragon Never Sleeps?" I find the correlation to be imperfect, but justifiable.

Offline OmegaVesko

• Gamers' Abode
« Reply #606 on: February 20, 2013, 12:23:51 am »
Having just finished reading it, I have to ask: Is there an intended correlation between the song, "Laser Speed Force," and the book, "The Dragon Never Sleeps?" I find the correlation to be imperfect, but justifiable.

Could you elaborate? I've never read the book, just looked it up and it looks very interesting.

Offline Zortel

« Reply #607 on: February 20, 2013, 03:01:27 am »
Regarding the chatter about Republic of Gamers and the lyrics, my take on it is the following:

It's good sportsmanship. Players who don't insult other players with terms that don't matter due to being equal (race, sex, gender, religion, class, so on) are better than those who will resort to obscenities and slurs along those lines.
"How do you govern a country that seems to have decided that facts are the work of the devil?" - Andy Hamilton
“If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you.” - W. E. Gladstone