Author Topic: All that is wrong with the world  (Read 28363 times)

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
Re: All that is wrong with the world
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »
Oh, and regarding cursing and the likes, I'd like to paraphrase Eddie Murphy:

"...people that get offended easily, you should all just get the fuck out now."

;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline Ark

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 06:44:09 pm »
TYPO ALERT!!
On the article "How our languages fail us" the quote “When Jane Austen wrote her classical novels she used the world ‘intercourse’ to describe people interacting with each other.” i think you meant to say "word" instead of "world" if I'm wrong do tell. The typo is there twice. Good article btw.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:45:56 pm by Ark »
Don't go with the croud go against it

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 06:48:53 pm »
TYPO ALERT!!
On the article "How our languages fail us" the quote “When Jane Austen wrote her classical novels she used the world ‘intercourse’ to describe people interacting with each other.” i think you meant to say "word" instead of "world" if I'm wrong do tell. The typo is there twice. Good article btw.

I literally was editing that out as I saw an update to this topic. But thanks. =)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 08:02:26 pm »
Fantastic magazine! Good looks and content that matches.
Also very nice from a user experience POV, just a pointer: When reading an article, it is not very obvious that the TOC-link can actually be interacted with. Also, since the links to next/previous article in the top/bottom look the same, there ought to be a TOC-link there as well.

Anyways, I will promote the shit out of it.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Offline Aeon

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 08:44:19 pm »
I can't brain today, but:

Also, since the links to next/previous article in the top/bottom look the same, there ought to be a TOC-link there as well.

Agreed. That would be handy to have at the bottom of the page.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Hadou

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 01:50:50 am »
Yeah dude, considering you're not natives, your English is excellent, and probably better than some professional journalists here (it saddens me to say that, but it's true).
Overall, I have few complaints, with my main gripes being small typos here and there. Keep up the good work, I will be looking forward to reading more soon!

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 02:03:59 pm »
Oh wow. What an awesome site. It looks just really, really good.

I got so many questions about it right now, but to just post it without asking seems a little bit inappropriate, in a way. Tell me if I can Gaijin bro :D
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »
Of course

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2011, 02:42:57 pm »
Of course

Why thank you, fine sir.

How long did it take to design the website? It's one of the best I've seen lately, and I guess it's not just developed in a few hours, right? And how did you get Robert so far to cooperate? (I mean, a.i. he's a human like all of us, but still, has kind of a mythical status if that's the right wording)

Lastly I want to congratulate you, it looks like it's going to be a real influential site in the near future IMO, and you got some amazing starting articles! :D
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2011, 02:46:11 pm »
I can't really answer how long the design work was, Rob has been working on it on and off for a while. I'll ask him next time we talk though.

And how.. i got him to cooperate? Uh.. well, see, we're friends and have been for almost 15 years now. Not only is it easy to work with him, it was also his basic idea from the start. So I'd rather say that it was a matter of him getting me to cooperate. ;)

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »
I can't really answer how long the design work was, Rob has been working on it on and off for a while. I'll ask him next time we talk though.

And how.. i got him to cooperate? Uh.. well, see, we're friends and have been for almost 15 years now. Not only is it easy to work with him, it was also his basic idea from the start. So I'd rather say that it was a matter of him getting me to cooperate. ;)

That, does make alot of sense. XD

Anyway, good luck with it :D

Hadou

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 03:56:47 pm »
Having read through more of the content available, (really good content, I might add) I have noticed a few things that I find annoying.
When viewing an article, the black bar at the top of the page that says TOC is rather weird. Why not Table Of Contents? There's more than enough space, and it just seems silly, especially when right next to an article headed: "How our languages fail us"
Also, on any other page than the homepage, the page title is long, repetitive andalljoinedtogetherlike | this.com

However, I really like it, and the above points were the only things I could find wrong with it at the moment. Seriously, I cannot wait for more.

Offline gaijin

• Community Supporter
    • Motljus
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2011, 04:18:33 pm »
Having read through more of the content available, (really good content, I might add) I have noticed a few things that I find annoying.
When viewing an article, the black bar at the top of the page that says TOC is rather weird. Why not Table Of Contents? There's more than enough space, and it just seems silly, especially when right next to an article headed: "How our languages fail us"
Also, on any other page than the homepage, the page title is long, repetitive andalljoinedtogetherlike | this.com

However, I really like it, and the above points were the only things I could find wrong with it at the moment. Seriously, I cannot wait for more.

I'll pass it along. More content in... just under 22 hours.

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 06:04:37 pm »
I'll pass it along. More content in... just under 22 hours.
You tease. You fucking tease. I've read all articles through, three of them twice. Seriously, I've waited and yearned to read something like that for years.
There's too much mumbojumbo bullshit available nowadays, it's refreshing to read intelligent, well argumented and written text about topics that really matter.
So... I stay tuned :D
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline LymphoCite_T

• SiteDeveloper
    • visit me at youtube!
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:14 pm »
<!DOCTYPE html>
<!--[if lt IE 7 ]><html dir="ltr" lang="en-US" class="no-js ie ie6 lte7 lte8 lte9"><![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 7 ]><html dir="ltr" lang="en-US" class="no-js ie ie7 lte7 lte8 lte9"><![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 8 ]><html dir="ltr" lang="en-US" class="no-js ie ie8 lte8 lte9"><![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 9 ]><html dir="ltr" lang="en-US" class="no-js ie ie9 lte9"><![endif]-->
<!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--><html dir="ltr" lang="en-US" class="no-js"><!--<![endif]-->
   <head>
      <meta charset="UTF-8" />
      <meta name = "viewport" content = "width = 1072, initial-scale = 3.0">

<title>Table of ContentsAll that is Wrong with the World.com  What you don&#039;t know can hurt you. | All that is Wrong with the World.com</title>
      <link rel="profile" href="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11" />
We need to 'fly' a SPACE here
Rewright all!
---
Did anyone check if site code is working properly? :P
I know this is kinda small bug, but...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:45:10 pm by LymphoCite_T »
:):):)