Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy in Russia, 2011 (updated: new sound + autograph session)  (Read 9542 times)

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

• [Insert quote here, since mine doesn't fit]
Re: Machinae Supremacy in Russia, 2011 (NOTHING here right now)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:11 am »
This looks absolutely epic! Whoever captured the video from the crowd didn't do a bad job! Handhelds have come quite a way since 2004 hahaha. I can't wait to see if there is any sweet HD versions and awesome photos. Damn... I can't wait until they can hit the States!

Is it guaranteed they're coming? Because if they are, I will shit myself and then find where they are and get there, even if I miss school.

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
Re: Machinae Supremacy in Russia, 2011 (NOTHING here right now)
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 01:09:54 am »
This looks absolutely epic! Whoever captured the video from the crowd didn't do a bad job! Handhelds have come quite a way since 2004 hahaha. I can't wait to see if there is any sweet HD versions and awesome photos. Damn... I can't wait until they can hit the States!

Is it guaranteed they're coming? Because if they are, I will shit myself and then find where they are and get there, even if I miss school.

No planned gigs in USA yet as far as I know :)

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
Re: Machinae Supremacy in Russia, 2011
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:48 pm »
First video available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrHaqHNQOA

but youtube sucks. watch the original file if you can (only in media player classic, please): ftp://ftp.valet2.com/masu/masu_moscow_concert_010.mp4
--- Old Habits Never Die ---

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 12:59:56 pm »
Cool, looks like it was a great gig :D

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Hadou

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 09:45:11 pm »
First video available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrHaqHNQOA

but youtube sucks. watch the original file if you can (only in media player classic, please): ftp://ftp.valet2.com/masu/masu_moscow_concert_010.mp4

1. Wow. Just, freaking, wow. It's awesome. the filename ends in 010. Does this mean there's a 009, a 008 etc.?
2. Great video quality :D
3. Is this a soundboard recording? It sounds pretty good considering it was probably extremely loud in that room.
4. Go to more gigs, and record more like this. I wish I could afford to travel - these look and sound amazing.
5. Why Media Player Classic? Is it better? I don't even think I have it... :P

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 05:40:51 pm »
Check this as well: http://vimeo.com/33268146

1. Thanks! It's really nice to realize that I can do some filming/editing stuff. Two years ago I couldn't dream of it, and then everything has changed. The filename 010 is just the number of project name. I save it into a new file every time I change a lot of stuff, so if something terrible happens I could go back to the previous state.

2. It would look great if you watch it with Media Player Classic (could be downloadable as a part of codec pack from http://codecguide.com). This time I've used only good cameras, finally! Three Canon HV30 (it cost $1200 when it was new, but I bought them used for 1/3 price each), one of them mounted on steadycam (Flycam 3000 actually), one Panasonic HDC-TM 300 for non-stop recording near the drum-set (the same price, and it wasn't mine - Larisa from Vladivostok brought one), and megacool camcoder with great optics Sony HDR-FX1 ($4000!!! Found it at my workplace and asked boss to take that with me. And I was very lucky - now this camera is not ours anymore) - used it for full-scene footage. Each camera recorded into FullHD 50i.

3. Actually the sound is terrible, but it was even worse. I couldn't find a multichannel soundcard for multichannel recording, so I recorded a mixed stereo-sound from sub-output of the mixer. And it was damn bad - there was some trouble in some kind of clipping or whatever. So I recorded a clicked sound like when you're listening a very damaged audio cd. I think there is a way to re-draw the sound manually in these places, but it's too hard, there're about 5 clicks per second, with total count of about 27000 clicks I have to re-draw. I will upload pictures of it. Also I recorded live sound by stereo-recorder Zoom H1 placed near the sound-guy, at the center of the hall. I had to edit both recordings: stereo-expander, dynamic equalizer, graphic equalizer, multiband compressor. Then mix them both. So the result is in this video. I will upload short clips of original recordings later.

4. I always try to record gigs of the bands or persons I liked in the past, when I was young and crazy fan-boy. But of course I don't make money out of it. Often when I plan a new filming I spend all the money I collected on new equipment, road and so on. I just hope that one day I will be experienced so I could make videos for money, then buy more stuff (now I have some nice ideas with 3D filming - already tried it), then make more money and buy more stuff. And yeah, it was cool in Moscow, people came literally from everywhere to see the band.

5. I don't really know why this all-around cool VLC couldn't play my AVC H.264 files properly, and no player I've tried plays 50i mode as 50i (all of them either plays it with horizontal lines or try to deinterlace the video by combining two half-frames together, and it looks really bad - soap-looking slow picture). I didn't get what Media Player Classic does with interlace, but it looks really sharp (no ghosting) and smooth (no slideshow effect). It really looks like it makes a 50p by using some intelligent deinterlacing.

Hadou

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 06:58:56 pm »
1. Fair enough
2. Cool.
3. I thought so. I didn't want to make a fuss, seeing how many posts I wrote about choosing why you shouldn't go for 192kbit audio in the Assembly video, but it definitely sounded like extreme clipping, something that almost definitely wasn't your fault.
4. If you were to be a live-video producer or director or something, that would be awesome.
5. Thanks. I don't have MPC yet (I will download it soon) but I played it with WMP11 with the K-Lite codec pack (I think it's that one) and it seemed to play fine, apart from the wide-angle shot from the front, facing the entire band, where I had horrible horizontal distortion. I assumed it was the camera, I'll have another look... :D

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 09:40:19 pm »
So, here's this "clipping".

Hadou

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:52 pm »
"sounded like"

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 02:39:57 am »
updated the first post. the video is ready, will be lying here:

ftp://ftp.valet2.com/masu/moscow_2011/

DON'T WATCH 1080i VERSION WITH VLC!

Offline w1ck3dg0ph3r

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 05:07:03 pm »
Torrent, maybe?

Hadou

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 08:44:10 pm »
OM NOM NOM!

I will try to download as soon as I can. Personally, I have no idea how I will be able to download the 1080i version without a torrent, and seeing as I only have 23GBs space left, it wouldn't leave much for my pagefile. Plus, my moniter isn't even good enough to play it full screen, so I might just stick with the 720p version for now... :D

Thanks either way bro, after watching the teaser you made, I can't wait to watch this in full. The fact that (I assume) it is unedited appeals as well - the Assembly songs sound too much like the album, and having never been to a MaSu gig, I wanna taste that raw MaSu sound!

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:51 pm »
The sound in my video is crappy. Big thanks to the club's equipment!!

Torrent - will be someday. Right now I'm going to Finland for a week. By the way, if you wanna meet he, go ahead: Tampere, Turku, Helsinki, Espoo.

Hadou

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 11:56:36 pm »
The sound in my video is crappy. Big thanks to the club's equipment!!

Torrent - will be someday. Right now I'm going to Finland for a week. By the way, if you wanna meet he, go ahead: Tampere, Turku, Helsinki, Espoo.

I really just wanna say hi and shake your hand for your awesome video work. Shame I'm thousands of miles away.

EDIT: What's masu_mixer.wav?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:05:52 am by Hadou »

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »
You can delete the file if you've downloaded it. It's the actual crappy recording from the half-dead mixer in the club. Nothing to listen though.