Author Topic: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Bearfoot

• They're coming to take me away ha ha!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »

I used to love my xbox but today was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I was eagerly waiting for saints row 3, looking forward to it enough to spend 80 bucks  to get it first day.  And it was fun, lots of fun.

Until about 5 hours into the game where I knocked over my Xbox and it destroyed the game.

The annoying part is that I could understand the damage done if I had dropped it from a shelf, or off a table.   But this drop was from vertical to horizantal.  It was literally less than a foot from the ground and landed on a towel to boot.

Needless to say that because I knocked it over myself, this is not covered under any sort of warrenty.

This is also my fifth Xbox 360.  I had 3 RRODs and a DVD error, and yet I still remained loyal for some reason. (Probably the 300 bucks worth of music game gear I've invested in over the years.)

Couple the fact that 80 bucks is a lot to me with the fact that this isn't the first time this has happened, only the first time that was bad enough to destroy the game and you have one very unhapy gamer.

I had a lot of fun playing with my 360.  I will have fond memories of Playing games on this system, but they will always be overshadowed by the bad things, like 80 bucks down the hole.

plain and simple, I'm moving on to a system that does not have these problems.  This is the straw that broke the camel's back.
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline evilcandybag

• of Fire
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Armoured Tanks of Mass Destruction
Re: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:41:52 pm »
I've always been sceptical toward vertically standing consoles, for exactly this reason.
"Actually, wooden stakes are for vampires. Wooden steaks are for vegetarians."

Hadou

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »
coughPCcough.

but edit: ouch. That's just bad luck dude. 5?! I think I would have migrated after 1, maybe 2 errors. I've heard PS3s have less problems, but having never owned either myself, I would just recommend a gaming PC.
EDIT 2: You can even use your existing XBOX controllers. I do - I have been using mine for Skyrim recently. :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 05:53:05 pm by Hadou »

Offline Aeon

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »
I've always been sceptical toward vertically standing consoles, for exactly this reason.
Indeed.

coughPCcough.
Most of them are standing in a vertical position, too. :/ At least mine has those funny supports that prevent it, to a degree, from falling over. They are pretty effective against weak to moderately strong knocks against its side.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:50:53 pm »
3 were under warranty and replaced for free...

And yah, I'm not sure if I want to borrow my dad's 15 pound sledge or try to sell it for a ps3 or better graphics card forhte 'puter.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:52:39 pm by Bearfoot »
I'm only one, but still I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do something-
Hellen Kieller

"There are never enough reasons to get drunk. I, for example am going out tomorrow to celebrate.. um.. Tuesday.:
Lexx β

Offline Crimzen

• Sending You Positive Energy!
    • Sleeping Awake
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 10:23:47 am »
I understand your Xbox frustration. I'm on my 3rd console right now. I've heard that even horizontal on a table, if said table is 'bumped' it will put a ring around the disc.

Also, live near a Walmart? Black Friday they're going to have PS3's bundled with some Ratchet and Clank game and Little Big Planet for 199.99. I will be getting this.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 08:38:16 pm »
I have some severe issues with panic attacks in crowds.  Black Friday is not a good idea for me, period.

Here's what I'm going to do.. I'm going to write Microsoft, send them the disc.

If they do not reply or just brush me off there's going to be a really cool youtube video...
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Offline Gravehill

• Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Dignity! Strength! Love!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »
This is getting interesting. Will Microsoft react, is each customer really important to them? If not, what kind of video there will be...?
Random ramblings and furious feminine novels per versatility.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »
Get a ps3 and enjoy the superior graphics like the rest of us. Get Heavy Rain and enjoy yourself 4000%.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 08:09:27 pm »
Jack, bro.

I will gladly do that.  If you're willing to re-buy me all of my rock band stuff... I've got an obsession with that game.

Sorry for the slow reply, you know I'm not here as much as I used to be.

Also, I got a regular definition TV.  IF you buy me a flat-screen too I'll post a video of me and the xbox and a 15 pound sledgehammer... :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:14:56 pm by Bearfoot »
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β

Hadou

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 08:59:17 pm »
Jack, bro.

I will gladly do that.  If you're willing to re-buy me all of my rock band stuff... I've got an obsession with that game.

Also, I got a regular definition TV.  IF you buy me a flat-screen too I'll post a video of me and the xbox and a 15 pound sledgehammer... :P

I would watch that.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:15:16 am »
Jack, bro.

Consider me tempted.

Offline Bearfoot

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 12:56:58 am »
well I'll put it this way...

the offer is a standing one.
Hellen Kieller

Lexx β