Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 9159 times)

Offline Caranfin

Re: Skyrim
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 01:12:03 pm »
Furthermore. The khajiitdon't speak as they used to anymore. Did they just drop it? Did they just say like, "okay this is not lets just fucking forget about like it never happened?"
The hell you talking about? Sure as hell they talk like they used to. They actually sound more different from the other races than they did in Oblivion, where they really didn't talk any differently at all. In Skyrim they go "Khajiit do this and that" and all that stuff again.

Where are the descendants of the ordinators, where is house dres, which said to have such a big influcene all over the world?
In case you somehow missed it, Vvardenfell basically exploded and took pretty much the whole rest of Morrowind with it. And then the Argonians invaded and fucked up everything that remained. And all that was almost 200 years ago. That might have something to do with it.

Why are the moons gone?
You mean these things?

Seriously man, this game is just as much Elder Scrolls as the previous games. The lore hasn't gone anywhere. Sure, you can't get those massive infodumps from NPCs you could in Morrowind, anymore, but that's fully voiced dialogue for ya. And you still get a damn sight more than in Oblivion where everyone just talked about goddamn mudcrabs.
This. And to add to that:

However, after seeing the mechanics of the guy dropping dead in his tracks after being hit with one arrow (it took over 9000 to kill one in morrowind) the idea faltered me.
This is a complaint? Really? Are you seriously, honestly complaining about ranged weapons being actually useful now? How is this in any way Not A Good Thing?

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 12:26:25 pm »
I think the complaint is more along the lines of one arrow kills a guy in a cutscene but I still have to shoot something several times for it to die.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 02:59:49 pm »
Could be, though I still can't get that out of rad's message. And I would still disagree with the complaint as the bows are significantly more powerful than before and, in my opinion, in a good balance of usefulness with melee weapons.

Offline Palantyre

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 04:58:42 pm »
Not only that, but with good sneak abilities and the ranged sneak attack-improving perk, bows are actually overpowered as fuck. Just get a good smithing-enhanced bow, sneak around one- or two-shotting everything.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 05:51:52 pm »
True. Though, to be fair, at that level anything in the game is overpowered with the possible exception of just going sword-and-board and running straight at things to bash their skulls in. Breaking the game in weird ways is one of the fun things in an Elder Scrolls game.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 08:19:37 am »
It is still valid, and for one that would be 'Ra'virr knows you're here.' I guess i'm just too nostalgic to appreciate all the cool new stuff.

Offline Einkoro

• Machinae Prime
  • ~tima
    • http://www.janpingel.com/
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2012, 07:58:32 am »
Not only that, but with good sneak abilities and the ranged sneak attack-improving perk, bows are actually overpowered as fuck. Just get a good smithing-enhanced bow, sneak around one- or two-shotting everything.

Bows + sneak have always been over powered since morrowind. I miss being level 40 just from running and jumping everywhere.
"Don't believe anyone when they tell you irony is just a literary convention. It's a universal constant, like the coefficient of gravity." - Alfred Bester