Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 8894 times)

Offline Tritox

• Nuuh
Re: Skyrim
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 12:56:31 pm »
My major complaint with the game is Dragons being to easy. I play on Adept, am lvl. 16 now and the last five Dragons I faced were easy. And hell, the last dragon was a piece of cake, but afterwards I ran into a Drauger Death Overlord, who killed me in two hits.

QQ, haven't seen any dragons and I'm already lvl 23! ... but then again, I've been fiddling around raising BS and thief skills so I haven't even finished the main plot in Whiterun which MIGHT explain the whole "not-seeing-any-dragons-yet" issue. D

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 02:03:29 pm »
Yeah, you have to do a Whiterun Main Quest (go see the Jarl at Dragonsearch) to trigger an event that will have Dragons spawn random as well.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 12:46:05 am »
Out of interest, Willlem what kind of a character are you playing? Dragons seemed pretty lethal on a non-caster character without companions at least, but TES games have traditionally been horrifically easy on a caster if you know what you're doing at all.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 01:07:57 am »
Out of interest, Willlem what kind of a character are you playing? Dragons seemed pretty lethal on a non-caster character without companions at least, but TES games have traditionally been horrifically easy on a caster if you know what you're doing at all.

I'm playing as a Nord, the difficulty is Adept (standard). I encountered one really tough dragon fight at a place called Shearpoint. As a Nord, you have natural resistance against frost attacks, so Frost Dragons are a piece of cake. The other normal dragons aren't really hard either. When I fight an enemy I can't really block against (like dragons) I use dual wield and a shout called Elemental Fury. This allows you to slash a lot faster. I can do like 3-4 dual wield power attacks in the time that one such attack would normally take. That really butchers many dragons. Ofcourse, you need to get the shout. I got it pretty early on in the game.

Hadou

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 01:52:56 am »
My major complaint with the game is Dragons being to easy. I play on Adept, am lvl. 16 now and the last five Dragons I faced were easy. And hell, the last dragon was a piece of cake, but afterwards I ran into a Drauger Death Overlord, who killed me in two hits.

QQ, haven't seen any dragons and I'm already lvl 23! ... but then again, I've been fiddling around raising BS and thief skills so I haven't even finished the main plot in Whiterun which MIGHT explain the whole "not-seeing-any-dragons-yet" issue. D

I've been doing the same thing when I have been able to play. I'm only lvl 7, but I haven't much main quest stuff.

I'm waiting until I can actually get the game myself, then I'll play properly, and it will probably consume my life :P

As for the caster comment @Caranfin, I have noticed that when using the flame spell in conjunction with a melee weapon like a Skyforge Steel Sword (:D), enemies are ridiculously easy to kill.

Offline Caranfin

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 03:05:05 am »
The truly overpowered way to play a caster is to keep yourself hidden, summon a bunch of monsters to fight for you, and then heal them. Of course I'm just going by Oblivion and Morrowind since I haven't really played Skyrim very much yet, but usually no enemy will ever even look in your general direction if you do that.

Offline Digital0verl0rd

• Leet
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 03:36:56 am »
Hehe nice thread :D This is my second day of playing Skyrim and I have to say, that it's pretty good game :) I play on expert, woman, Imperial, lvl 20 and I killed 16 dragons and I have to say it wasnt really hard. Only one moment made me rage, when two dragons attacked simultaneously and killed my companion (damn, it was my walking backpack for loot :D).

I have discovered, that Barbas (dog involved in some daedric mothafucka quest) will from second part of quest follow you, until you reach quest destination. He attacks every foe with deadly efficiency (killed one dragon alone in a few seconds, while I was stuck in texture :D) and he cannot die! So I stopped doing that quest - he makes perfect companion. But he's one fucked up idiot, who will block your way many, many times (especially in small corridors etc).

So, good luck to all ! :) (I think I'll buy some mead to celebrate this awesome game  ;D)

Offline MashedByMachines

• That guy
  • Community Supporter
  • Skala lök?
    • Music
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 02:08:16 am »
Man, I cant play this game anymore, I stopped caring about school for a couple of days :P

http://mashedbymachines.newgrounds.com/

Believing in a zombieman from outer space who is his own father is pretty funny, but that's not what MaSu is about //yas

Offline Chronologix

• SiteDeveloper
  • I am Canadian!
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 09:56:47 am »
Ive been playing a full stealth character, full light armor (Dark Brotherhood) dual daggers, for hidden attack bonuses, everything to me is 1-shottable except dragons and Giants (2 shot giants) Mainly because dragons detect you really easy, ive been fiddling with the last perk Shadow Warrior for stealth, and I may have been using it wrong (as an escape tool) it actually seems to give you a free hidden strike when used in front of an opponent...have not tested on a dragon though.

Once I finished the main storyline there are dragons attacking all over the place, almost everytime I fast travel there is a dragon flying around.

Offline Tolkki

• A bane to evil.
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 10:38:11 pm »
Lurkkers gonna lurk.

Offline Jack Lupino

• Worst Dude
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 06:23:16 am »
Skyrim. I don't know where to start. from the intro, on the wagon, i was full of hope. Hoping to make this game into something worthy of the elder scoll series. However, after seeing the mechanics of the guy dropping dead in his tracks after being hit with one arrow (it took over 9000 to kill one in morrowind) the idea faltered me. But, i ventured forth, into a quest unbeknownst to where i got to the character select screen. There i got to choose my race, and my looks to reflect on my epic adventure. I made a Nord, with black eyes to fit the landscape. I survived the first attack, but then got obligated to choose wether i would be an imperial, or a stormcloak. I chose the stormcloaks, because, i wanted to be rebellious. When the campaign was done, nothing gave me anything better than what i'd already have, nothing in this entire fucking thing helped me one single bit, nothing i'd have done had any impact on the world. So why did i do those things, you'd ask? To gain better vendor prices? With merchantile, you'd gain that perk.

Before all this, i finished the companions questline. They were all right, though not as the fighters guild in Balmora, (remember Eyedis Fire-eye?) but, just different, they really wanted it to be clear that when you start though being  75% through people still treat you like horseshit. But that's all good, i guess. Eventually you get the perks that go with being an companion, and i must say it does help in travel. Other than melee, not so much. They should have adjusted the damage increase in strength and level before you got the power up but that's just me i guess. A werewolf GETS stronger when the host does.

Furthermore. The khajiitdon't speak as they used to anymore. Did they just drop it? Did they just say like, "okay this is not lets just fucking forget about like it never happened?"
What the fuck man. The races in The elder scrolls was one of the most immersive game elements to the atmosphere. Where are the descendants of the ordinators, where is house dres, which said to have such a big influcene all over the world? Why don't Dark elves greet eachother with Sera? Why are the moons gone? So many questions which are only lead to believe people never put any thought into the atmosphere,yet into making this game look awesome and accesible to the public.

Offline Night

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 09:06:42 pm »
200 years is a long time so ofc the customs change. (Why dont they have guns/super spells?)
Modders are already hard at work creating new mods even before the CK is released. (Midas Magic! w00t!)
found a pretty ambitious mod from  skyrimnexus: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1601
I used to be awesome like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Hadou

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:07 pm »
200 years is a long time so ofc the customs change. (Why dont they have guns/super spells?)
Modders are already hard at work creating new mods even before the CK is released. (Midas Magic! w00t!)
found a pretty ambitious mod from  skyrimnexus: http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1601

Wow that looks crazy.

Personally, I want to get as far as I can in the main game vanilla before I even think about starting to mod. I know that there are lots of mods out there that are amazing at the moment, but a lot still have lots of bugs in, and I want to, at least get 1 playthrough in before I delve into the mod community.

Offline Palantyre

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 11:28:58 pm »
Furthermore. The khajiitdon't speak as they used to anymore. Did they just drop it? Did they just say like, "okay this is not lets just fucking forget about like it never happened?"
The hell you talking about? Sure as hell they talk like they used to. They actually sound more different from the other races than they did in Oblivion, where they really didn't talk any differently at all. In Skyrim they go "Khajiit do this and that" and all that stuff again.

Where are the descendants of the ordinators, where is house dres, which said to have such a big influcene all over the world?
In case you somehow missed it, Vvardenfell basically exploded and took pretty much the whole rest of Morrowind with it. And then the Argonians invaded and fucked up everything that remained. And all that was almost 200 years ago. That might have something to do with it.

Why are the moons gone?
You mean these things?

Seriously man, this game is just as much Elder Scrolls as the previous games. The lore hasn't gone anywhere. Sure, you can't get those massive infodumps from NPCs you could in Morrowind, anymore, but that's fully voiced dialogue for ya. And you still get a damn sight more than in Oblivion where everyone just talked about goddamn mudcrabs.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:30:48 pm by Palantyre »

Hadou

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 01:17:58 am »
Seriously man, this game is just as much Elder Scrolls as the previous games. The lore hasn't gone anywhere. Sure, you can't get those massive infodumps from NPCs you could in Morrowind, anymore, but that's fully voiced dialogue for ya. And you still get a damn sight more than in Oblivion where everyone just talked about goddamn mudcrabs.

I never played previous Elder Scrolls games so I can't comment much, but it's clear there is a HUGE backstory that completely precedes Skyrim, and I'd eat my headphones if it wasn't related to previous Elder Scrolls games.

Also, FUCK YEAH NORTHERN LIGHTS.