Author Topic: Game music moments  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Valentine Revolution

• Twitter
Re: Game music moments
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 07:47:27 pm »
We went to see Jonathon Coulton in concert last year/early this year and it looked more like a Portal convention. Which was epic :D

Offline Digital0verl0rd

• Leet
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 12:44:58 pm »
Yeah, I forgot Portal 2 ending too. It brought so much fsking tears into my eyes. Definitely awesome.

And Crysis 2, that ending moment was like HOLY SHIT THEY CALL ME PROPHET AND AWESMOME MUSIC PLAYING IN BACKGROUND IS AWESOME. Yeah, that was pretty epic. But really, I listen to Crysis 2 intro and outro songs (insertion and epilogue) everytime i'm working out my body. It gives me strength ..and cloak of sweat :D And I sometimes watch Crysis 2 story trailer, because it's awesome.. "they wipe us out, they break us down. exemplary" .. and then music starts to get intense .. "and only one man stands in their way" . Aaaargh, I love it :D

Offline Aeon

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 06:13:17 pm »
Dat intro - Cortex Command, I bet my shoes every single active forumite in here has seen and/or heard it, but anyway. I actually installed the game just for the intro. I love it. The older version was even more in sync with the music.
Dat one time in the mines - Half-Life Episode Two. What makes it stand out is that it's pretty lively and warm, much unlike most of the tracks from the Half-Life soundtrack.
Dat final fight - Mushihime-sama Futari. The tracks basically say "it's on now". The second one even more so than the first. And well... it's not easy, even with plenty of bombs. Especially the final, spiraling attack. (Some say Larsa is the hardest video game boss ever.)
Dat last (?) mission - Hellsinker. Love this game as it is almost entirely synchronized with its music. You are going to love how the events on the screen sync up with the BGM from 1:55 onwards. Those sequences are so surreal it's beautiful.
Dat alternate last boss - because Hellsinker is so in sync with the music, it deserves an another video. It gives you massive brain damage, too. And instructs you to keep your dignity. Totally worth it, though. For kitty 771. And its owner. And for the Quadruple One. And for GRAVEYARD, of course. And for karmic balance/control.
No more WoW references. WoW is evil.

Hadou

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 07:40:20 pm »
Yeah, I forgot Portal 2 ending too. It brought so much fsking tears into my eyes. Definitely awesome.

And Crysis 2, that ending moment was like HOLY SHIT THEY CALL ME PROPHET AND AWESMOME MUSIC PLAYING IN BACKGROUND IS AWESOME. Yeah, that was pretty epic. But really, I listen to Crysis 2 intro and outro songs (insertion and epilogue) everytime i'm working out my body. It gives me strength ..and cloak of sweat :D And I sometimes watch Crysis 2 story trailer, because it's awesome.. "they wipe us out, they break us down. exemplary" .. and then music starts to get intense .. "and only one man stands in their way" . Aaaargh, I love it :D

Imma download the Crysis 2 soundtrack, despite the fact that I have never played the game. I played the open multiplayer beta, though. Does that count?

Offline Digital0verl0rd

• Leet
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 09:17:59 pm »

Imma download the Crysis 2 soundtrack, despite the fact that I have never played the game. I played the open multiplayer beta, though. Does that count?

play.dat.game.

Hadou

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 10:58:18 pm »

play.dat.game.

wit.wot.monies?

Offline Palantyre

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 04:56:23 pm »
As much as I have a raging girl boner for Dragon Age: Origins, I've never really noticed the music. Still, any excuse for another playthrough :D

Also, I maked a questionnaire if anyone has a few spare moments: http://tinyurl.com/gamemusicsurvey
Yeah, the music in DA:O isn't all that memorable in general, sadly. But the main theme is superb.

Also, I filled your questionnaire. Picked some different stuff than the DA:O thing, though. The Morrowind main theme as the "standout track" and thinking about scenes I suddenly remembered the fuzzywuzzy romance dialogues with Aerie in Baldur's Gate 2. Aerie is such a sweetypie. :3