Author Topic: LIVE PRODUCTION FROM ASSEMBLY 2011  (Read 38887 times)

Hadou

Re: LIVE PRODUCTION FROM ASSEMBLY 2011
« Reply #150 on: October 30, 2011, 04:28:18 pm »
I have the lossless 24 bit 48 khz file of the whole event, re-edited and remastered. Like in the video, but in best quality. I can upload that if Robert agrees, so ask him guys.

But... But.... ALL MY WORK IS FOR NAUGHT!!!! You had to mention this right after I stay up all night converting.

But think about this:

24bit 48khz FLAC from the Source -> Us
OR
24bit 48khz FLAC from the Source -> 192kbps (Possibly VBR) AAC Conversion -> FLAC Conversion (Lossy to Lossless) -> Us

The option, really, is FLAC or MP3? FLAC is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #151 on: October 30, 2011, 04:30:25 pm »
But... But.... ALL MY WORK IS FOR NAUGHT!!!! You had to mention this right after I stay up all night converting.

No, your work is for experience, man :)
--- Old Habits Never Die ---

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

• [Insert quote here, since mine doesn't fit]
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »
I have the lossless 24 bit 48 khz file of the whole event, re-edited and remastered. Like in the video, but in best quality. I can upload that if Robert agrees, so ask him guys.

But think about this:

24bit 48khz FLAC from the Source -> Us
OR
24bit 48khz FLAC from the Source -> 192kbps (Possibly VBR) AAC Conversion -> FLAC Conversion (Lossy to Lossless) -> Us

The option, really, is FLAC or MP3? FLAC is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Alright, but I'll still put mine up, if anyone wants it, or if Rob doesn't let him post his up. I'm about to start on the ID3 tags.

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2011, 05:18:44 pm »
Alright, finished putting all the ID3 tags on that I can using dbPoweramp, including album arts. At this point, if you guys are satisfied with that, I can chuck 'em all in a ZIP and throw it up on TPB for you all. However, if you want to put them on your iPod or play them in iTunes, you will have to convert them (I'd suggest ALAC, its lossless to lossless). However, if you guys want I can do that on my end and put that in the ZIP file as well. I'm still waiting for a response from Schattenjaeger on his request as well.

Edit: Went ahead and converted for myself. And I have to say, if you ever need or think you'll need to convert audio or video files, get dbPoweramp, it did 17 FLAC level 8 to ALAC in about a minute and a half.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:37:52 pm by mAsUfAn_1337 »

Hadou

« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2011, 05:49:31 pm »
Alright, finished putting all the ID3 tags on that I can using dbPoweramp, including album arts. At this point, if you guys are satisfied with that, I can chuck 'em all in a ZIP and throw it up on TPB for you all. However, if you want to put them on your iPod or play them in iTunes, you will have to convert them (I'd suggest ALAC, its lossless to lossless). However, if you guys want I can do that on my end and put that in the ZIP file as well. I'm still waiting for a response from Schattenjaeger on his request as well.

Edit: Went ahead and converted for myself. And I have to say, if you ever need or think you'll need to convert audio or video files, get dbPoweramp, it did 17 FLAC level 8 to ALAC in about a minute and a half.

It's more about your computer hardware. Foobar 2k works just as well for me, converting 24/92 FLAC albums in around the same amount of time.

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2011, 06:59:04 pm »

This, but to mp3 (might as well do 320k cbr) instead of ALAC = P
Your approval fills me with shame.

Hadou

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2011, 07:30:40 pm »

This, but to mp3 (might as well do 320k cbr) instead of ALAC = P

ALAC is fine.

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2011, 08:40:30 pm »
OK, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and throw both the FLAC and ALAC versions into one ZIP (or RAR, whichever causes the least loss of quality for the best compression). I'll put that up on TPB. I'll be putting up the video overnight, as to not slow down anything my parents are doing at the time. Actually, using WinRAR, anyone have any suggestions of what to do or not to do so you guys get the best quality stuff?

Not to make your life harder, but if you have the software, could you not just run all the FLAC files through a converter and pack them in the final distributable as well as the FLAC? I'm assuming you're torrenting this, so size is less of an issue than it would be in a traditional server standpoint.

I'm assuming that what I'm doing is the same as this.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:57:33 pm by mAsUfAn_1337 »

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2011, 09:31:04 pm »
Also, how did you guys like the custom album art I made? If you haven't seen it, here is a link to it on Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37844107/Photos/ASM%202011%20art%20%28final%29.tif

Hadou

« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2011, 10:47:45 pm »
1) Please stop double posting, edit your most recent post if need be.
2) Why pack them all up in a ZIP/RAR/TAR? If I want to download the ALAC files, why should I have to download the FLAC stuff aswell just to unpack the RAR? Leave them as separate files for the user to select those they prefer.
3) Generally with that kind of file compression, they are lossless compress functions, so there is no quality loss. However, compression rates mean either: Longer compression times but smaller size or shorter compression time but larger file size.

Whatever happens, I would personally torrent the files as a folder with the files all separate within that folder, as opposed to having them as one big RAR. My two cents.

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2011, 12:44:45 am »
OK, thanks Hadou, and sorry for double posting. And thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions. So, final plan is this.
One folder for the FLAC
One folder for the ALAC.
Both will come with a modified version of the info txt file that came with the video, and a copy of the album art for your collection.

Edit: Torrent is up!!! http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6783995  I'm seeding it now. Please remember to seed for eternity.
Edit 2: Guys, my up is crap right now, so it may take a long time to download, so once you get it downloaded, please, please, seed. I will try to seed as much as possible until I get some dedicated seeders.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:26:03 am by mAsUfAn_1337 »

Hadou

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2011, 12:48:08 am »
OK, thanks Hadou, and sorry for double posting. And thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions. So, final plan is this.
One folder for the FLAC
One folder for the ALAC.
Both will come with a modified version of the info txt file that came with the video, and a copy of the album art for your collection.

And then if the official version comes out, then we can just replace the audio files with the proper release, and keep the album art from you! :D

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2011, 09:26:11 am »
Also, how did you guys like the custom album art I made? If you haven't seen it, here is a link to it on Dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37844107/Photos/ASM%202011%20art%20%28final%29.tif

Yes, your custom album art is shiny.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Offline WilllemNL

• Terra Solus
    • Xboxworld - All the news on Xbox 360 in Dutch!
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2011, 03:39:58 pm »

It's a bit boring, tbh.

I would use a photo from the show.

Here's something I did in 5 minutes using Photoshop, just to show my idea of what a cool cover art would be. This is like a scetch, a real one would need high-res logo + photo etc.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:46:51 pm by WilllemNL »

Hadou

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2011, 07:00:08 pm »
I agree with Will. Hi-Res photo from the concert would have been epic, but this is fine, especially for what is effectively a bootleg.
I'm downloading both folders now, just so I can seed them. I will note though, if ever the original FLACs get unleashed, I will stop seeding this version, as it is from a lossy source, and I don't want people who just discover the band on TPB to think that this is representative of the audio quality of the band.