Author Topic: LIVE PRODUCTION FROM ASSEMBLY 2011  (Read 42895 times)

Offline mAsUfAn_1337

• [Insert quote here, since mine doesn't fit]
Re: LIVE PRODUCTION FROM ASSEMBLY 2011
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2011, 04:49:19 am »
Update on the progress of my stuff:
Video: I just upgraded to Sony Vegas 11 today, so I will be rendering out the iPhone versions tonight. I will be making two versions, one that is 640x480, for those with 3rd generation or lower; and a 1280x720 version, so those with an iPad or 4th generation iPhone can watch it in highest quality.

Audio: Tomorrow I will be sitting down and splitting up the video by song, and then converting all of those to audio. I will be using Apple Lossless so you guys get the highest quality possible. However, since I have more experience with video than audio, I want to know what settings I should use when converting. I think I'll just end up using Sony Soundforge Pro 10, so if anyone who is better with it than me can suggest the best settings, that would be great. Also, I am (hopefully) going to make some kind of album art for it, and I will set up all the ID3 tags so you guys don't have to.

Once all of these items are done and quality tested, I will be uploading them all to The Pirate Bay. I ask any of you that can to seed once it's up, because I do not know how much I will be able to.

Offline Schattenjaeger

• Somewhere inside I'd like to find...
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »
Is there any way you could be talked into putting the audio in a non-proprietary lossless or near-lossless format? Some of us don't allow Apple products or software anywhere near our machines, and I'd hate to miss out just because of the file format.
Your approval fills me with shame.

Hadou

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2011, 07:38:00 pm »
Update on the progress of my stuff:
Video: I just upgraded to Sony Vegas 11 today, so I will be rendering out the iPhone versions tonight. I will be making two versions, one that is 640x480, for those with 3rd generation or lower; and a 1280x720 version, so those with an iPad or 4th generation iPhone can watch it in highest quality.

Audio: Tomorrow I will be sitting down and splitting up the video by song, and then converting all of those to audio. I will be using Apple Lossless so you guys get the highest quality possible. However, since I have more experience with video than audio, I want to know what settings I should use when converting. I think I'll just end up using Sony Soundforge Pro 10, so if anyone who is better with it than me can suggest the best settings, that would be great. Also, I am (hopefully) going to make some kind of album art for it, and I will set up all the ID3 tags so you guys don't have to.

Once all of these items are done and quality tested, I will be uploading them all to The Pirate Bay. I ask any of you that can to seed once it's up, because I do not know how much I will be able to.

Thanks for that. Especially the audio. I'm glad that you're using ALAC (I love my iPod) but I feel it is rather unneccessary since the audio from the video is encoded at.... 192kbps MP3 I think? Seems rather stupid to add in a load of wasted bytes.

Is there any way you could be talked into putting the audio in a non-proprietary lossless or near-lossless format? Some of us don't allow Apple products or software anywhere near our machines, and I'd hate to miss out just because of the file format.

Foobar 2K? There's an ALAC decoder that'll allow you to convert them into any format you like. Plus, it's all free and open source.

Offline Schattenjaeger

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2011, 11:55:52 pm »
Okay, didn't know that = P

Hadou

« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2011, 12:41:18 am »
Okay, didn't know that = P

S'cool.
I'll link ya, just so you know where to look:
Main program: http://www.foobar2000.org/
ALAC Decoder: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_alac
Install the program and install the decoder (you should be able to just click on it to do that) and then import the ALAC files into the main window, in the empty space. Right click and "Convert" using the parameters you set, like format, quality, compression etc.
Have fun!

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2011, 03:20:50 am »
Karma++
[...] I feel it is rather unneccessary since the audio from the video is encoded at.... 192kbps MP3 I think? Seems rather stupid to add in a load of wasted bytes.
178 kbps MPEG-4 AAC, actually, which only serves to make your point more relevant.
Now re-engaging lurk mode.

Offline Schattenjaeger

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2011, 03:41:00 am »
I could've sworn the description said 192k AAC.

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2011, 03:50:22 am »
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10845166/screenshots/2011-10-27_2045.png

It seems Nautilus may be reading the bitrates wrong for my media. I checked some MP3's that I know for a fact are 192 kbps, and Nautilus reports 165.

Hadou

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »
Karma++
[...] I feel it is rather unneccessary since the audio from the video is encoded at.... 192kbps MP3 I think? Seems rather stupid to add in a load of wasted bytes.
178 kbps MPEG-4 AAC, actually, which only serves to make your point more relevant.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/27/apples-lossless-audio-codec-alac-now-open-source/
http://alac.macosforge.org/
COUGHCOUGHCOUGH

I read that just now.

Also, I believe the description for the video said 192 kbps, but I have yet to check.

Offline Schattenjaeger

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2011, 09:03:01 pm »
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10845166/screenshots/2011-10-27_2045.png

It seems Nautilus may be reading the bitrates wrong for my media. I checked some MP3's that I know for a fact are 192 kbps, and Nautilus reports 165.

The big question, then, is CBR or VBR?

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2011, 01:20:02 am »
Well the MP3's I checked were VBR, but as for the video, you'd have to ask whoever encoded the file. I tried viewing the properties using SMPlayer, and was only more confused.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10845166/screenshots/2011-10-28_1810.png
So now the description says 192, Nautilus is reporting 178, and SMPlayer states 128. I'm fairly certain both pieces of software are wrong and the audio really is encoded at 192kbps, but now I wanna know WHY they are misreading bitrates. ???

Hadou

« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2011, 01:28:16 am »
Well the MP3's I checked were VBR, but as for the video, you'd have to ask whoever encoded the file. I tried viewing the properties using SMPlayer, and was only more confused.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10845166/screenshots/2011-10-28_1810.png
So now the description says 192, Nautilus is reporting 178, and SMPlayer states 128. I'm fairly certain both pieces of software are wrong and the audio really is encoded at 192kbps, but now I wanna know WHY they are misreading bitrates. ???

Initial Audio Stream? Try scrolling down and showing us the "Audio Streams" category.

Offline Blastyr

• Level 80 Lurker
  • Machinae Prime
  • Geek it 'til it MHz.
    • blastyr.net
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2011, 01:38:56 am »
Initial Audio Stream? Try scrolling down and showing us the "Audio Streams" category.
That heading displays what VLC calls "Audio Tracks." It doesn't have anything to do with the encoding.

Hadou

« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2011, 02:06:33 am »
That heading displays what VLC calls "Audio Tracks." It doesn't have anything to do with the encoding.

Hmm fair enough. Then truly, I have no idea why they are giving incorrect readings.

Offline dezo

• ex Defence Against the Dark Arts
  • Machinae Prime
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2011, 02:24:17 am »
I will not stay on topic when there are g33kythings to say! =)

here: http://alac.macosforge.org/post/welcome-to-the-apple-lossless-audio-codec-project/