Author Topic: BF3 Platoon?  (Read 5672 times)

Hadou

BF3 Platoon?
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:06:36 pm »
As you may know, the BF3 beta is out, and I am psyched to start playing it. I was wondering, does anyone want to join my platoon? I made it because I don't have any Origin friends (I will only be using it for BF) so I was thinking that if you want to join my [MaSu] platoon, you are welcome!
I'm OxoCuboid on Origin.

EDIT: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2826550451863943065/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:04:02 am by Hadou »

Offline machinaeFREAK

Re: BF3 Platoon?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 10:24:43 pm »
I will so hard when I get my laptop back, which should only take a week.

Btw here's some footage from friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbnKfi5pMC0

NICE NADE BRAH
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 10:26:35 pm by machinaeFREAK »
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Hadou

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 12:56:53 am »
I will so hard when I get my laptop back, which should only take a week.

Btw here's some footage from friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbnKfi5pMC0

NICE NADE BRAH

Heheh. BF3 runs so badly on my comp. It ran good on Alpha, so I'm hoping it's the drivers or the lag. Either way, doesn't that video break the NDA? Can't he get kicked out of the Beta? Or is there no NDA in this part of the development cycle?

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:46:50 am »
It's an open beta now, so I doubt there's any NDA involved at this point. Runs smooth on medium-high on my notebook, it's well optimized.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 05:45:44 pm »
According to the nade guy (irl friend) bf3 will run pretty fast on my laptop on low settings. That said, low settings in bf3 still have better look than any game available atm, hehe ^^

Btw my laptop is a HP G62.
"The way of the ninja is the way of life, when lightning strikes once a ninja strikes twice"

Hadou

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 07:37:06 pm »
According to the nade guy (irl friend) bf3 will run pretty fast on my laptop on low settings. That said, low settings in bf3 still have better look than any game available atm, hehe ^^

I have a desktop with a GT9500, 3.2ghz dual core and 4gb ram, and it runs like shit unless I turn the resolution down to 720Xwhatevertheverticalresis. It's very poorly optimised for my system, despite me alpha testing and it being fine.

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 02:15:47 pm »

I have a desktop with a GT9500, 3.2ghz dual core and 4gb ram, and it runs like shit unless I turn the resolution down to 720Xwhatevertheverticalresis. It's very poorly optimised for my system, despite me alpha testing and it being fine.

Did you download the bf3 driver pack? You need that for the open beta. I don't think it's needed when you actually buy the game, you know, when it's released on the 25th of october but I've heard some problems about bf3 not running smooth without the driver pack, or not working at all.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »
The game runs near perfect for me. Impressively so, even. Running it at 1080p, with everything 'cept anti-aliasing set to maximum. And it's fun too. Imagine that!
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »
I'd be satisfied if I could get the damn thing to run at all.  When I click "Quick Match", it either hangs on "Matchmaking" or reports a "Generic Error 1"
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Offline gaijin

• Hiding behind the couch
  • Community Supporter
  • "You sound like the Morning Star"
    • Motljus
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 05:34:44 pm »
I'd be satisfied if I could get the damn thing to run at all.  When I click "Quick Match", it either hangs on "Matchmaking" or reports a "Generic Error 1"

It did that for me too. For ten minutes. Then it stopped. ;)
Oi, is this when I get a huge sig-image, start whining about "moar sid" and make nonsensical arguments to no good?

Hadou

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 06:25:23 pm »

Did you download the bf3 driver pack? You need that for the open beta. I don't think it's needed when you actually buy the game, you know, when it's released on the 25th of october but I've heard some problems about bf3 not running smooth without the driver pack, or not working at all.

I'm running the latest beta drivers, I think.

This is the Graphics info from the NVIDIA Control Panel:

Operating System:   Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version:   11.0
GPU processor:      GeForce 9500 GT
Driver version:      285.38
DirectX support:   10
CUDA Cores:      32
Core clock:      550 MHz
Shader clock:      1350 MHz
Memory clock:      400 MHz (800 MHz data rate)
Memory interface:   128-bit
Total available graphics memory:   2815 MB
Dedicated video memory:   1024 MB DDR2
System video memory:   0 MB
Shared system memory:   1791 MB
Video BIOS version:   62.94.4B.00.00
IRQ:         16
Bus:         PCI Express x16

Offline machinaeFREAK

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 06:56:41 pm »
Did you download the bf3 driver pack

YOU NEED THAT, did you download it or not?

It's like under the game download button according to guis

Hadou

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 07:30:05 pm »
Did you download the bf3 driver pack

YOU NEED THAT, did you download it or not?

It's like under the game download button according to guis

No? Game download button? You mean on Origin? Or the battlelog. Because I see no such link on either.

Offline WereVolvo

• IRC Love Butter supplier
  • Global Moderator
  • Machinae Prime
  • Volvot ulvoo kuun savuun!
    • My personal site
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 10:21:26 pm »
Went a little better when I tried joining a server directly rather than random matchmaking. Still crashed due to not having beta drivers for my graphics card installed tho.

Seriously? I get it that this game is in beta and stuff, but to require third-party beta stuff as well? That's just plain silly.

"yo dawg we herd u like betas so we put a beta driver in ur beta game so u can beta test while u beta test"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:24:46 pm by WereVolvo »
<@Torp> I have seen your melted pussy!

Real Dwarfs wall themselves in once they are underground, and survive through incest and cat farming.

Hadou

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 10:44:51 pm »
Went a little better when I tried joining a server directly rather than random matchmaking. Still crashed due to not having beta drivers for my graphics card installed tho.

Seriously? I get it that this game is in beta and stuff, but to require third-party beta stuff as well? That's just plain silly.

"yo dawg we herd u like betas so we put a beta driver in ur beta game so u can beta test while u beta test"

...Betaception. I went there.