Author Topic: Machinae Supremacy 2011 - interview, documentary, live  (Read 9769 times)

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
Re: Machinae Supremacy 2011 - interview, documentary, live
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 08:38:45 am »
Update: 1,5 gigabytes file uploaded.

Yes, VLC for some reason shows grey. But I figured out how to render real colors - you should try different renders in player's preferences. Can't tell for true which one I'm using now. But it has shitty resampling when resizing, but if you're scaling 1:1 it works great.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:51:00 am by Valet2 »
--- Old Habits Never Die ---

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 09:31:12 am »
Amdor, sorry, I had to block you quickly because you were trying to download the source assembly audio mix that I'm not allowed to share and forgot to remove from my server.

Now you're unblocked.

Offline Wheim

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 11:52:36 am »

I have no problems with Matroska. Yes, you need to install a codec pack, but if you don't have one of those anyway, you probably shouldn't comment on the quality of a video codec.

Of course I know I need a codec, I'm not an idiot. I have tried 4 different media players and a variety of codecs, even on several computers. But there is always something wrong, either its laggy, the audio is missing, or it just simply wont play. But sure, if you could tell me a mediaplayer/codec that actually works, I will try one more time
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 11:55:02 am by Wheim »

Offline Amdor

• Redemption is yours!
    • Last.fm
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 12:58:11 pm »
Me sorry.  :(

But the login window still pops up...
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
-----------------------------------------------------------
<dezo> Let's not do anymore albums?
<gazosx> awesome idea

Offline MarioMaster100

• Atari & arcade music formed my chiptune love.
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 05:17:36 pm »
If the url of the English version was http instead of ftp it could be easily turned into a torrent with burnbit.com.

Signature and avatar credits to: MFreak and others from n-forums.com

Hadou

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 07:22:02 pm »

I have no problems with Matroska. Yes, you need to install a codec pack, but if you don't have one of those anyway, you probably shouldn't comment on the quality of a video codec.

Of course I know I need a codec, I'm not an idiot. I have tried 4 different media players and a variety of codecs, even on several computers. But there is always something wrong, either its laggy, the audio is missing, or it just simply wont play. But sure, if you could tell me a mediaplayer/codec that actually works, I will try one more time

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm
+ Windows Media Player 11 works fine for me on Windows 7, but I'm sure that VLC works aswell, because I also have that on my comp. Video lag or missing audio is usually nothing to do with codec, and more to do with your system and set up. Graphics lag is your graphics card's problem, and missing audio can be a number of issues, but usually your system sounds.

Offline Wheim

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 12:25:12 am »

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm
+ Windows Media Player 11 works fine for me on Windows 7, but I'm sure that VLC works aswell, because I also have that on my comp. Video lag or missing audio is usually nothing to do with codec, and more to do with your system and set up. Graphics lag is your graphics card's problem, and missing audio can be a number of issues, but usually your system sounds.

WMP with that codec worked pretty well, but I still get some lag now and then (you know the kind when parts of the screen kinda blurs out and need a couple secs to reset). And I don't get why, because with other formats I can watch 5 HD movies at the same time, if I want to.. probably some settings somewhere, but Ive run out of ideas.

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 02:35:00 am »
Can you tell at which moments exactly you get artifacts? I assume it's always the same place. And what players did you use, what's your computer configuration? Why I'm asking because I have the same problems with other my own-made long videos, and don't know why. If you can, try 1.5 gb file. If everything goes right I will probably re-convert the fullhd-video with different parameters.

Offline yas‮

• The laziest one.
  • I believe in respawn.
    • Me on SoundCloud
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 02:03:52 pm »
Is this the same as the one in the other topic? What's the difference, besides quality? http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,7386.0.html

Hadou

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 04:16:40 pm »
Is this the same as the one in the other topic? What's the difference, besides quality? http://forum.machinaesupremacy.com/index.php/topic,7386.0.html

The difference is that this is for the download of the video, whereas the other one is for streaming it, I think. I don't really know as I haven't actually had the time to download the video yet.

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 06:34:40 pm »
This one has 5.1 surround sound audio track which kicks ass and chews bubble gum.

Hadou

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 06:45:16 pm »
This one has 5.1 surround sound audio track which kicks ass and chews bubble gum.

:D I definitely want a video that can chew gum, I mean, how cool is that?!

Offline Valet2

• VALET2.com
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2011, 09:38:28 pm »
5.1 is fckng cool! If you have enough speakers to listen to it.

Hadou

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2011, 09:45:19 pm »
5.1 is fckng cool! If you have enough speakers to listen to it.

I don't have the correct set up (but having been to my uncle's house who is a sound engineer, I know it's awesome) and on my computer, I don't any speakers at all. I only have a set of Creative HQ-1600's.

Offline Wheim

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 02:59:48 am »
Can you tell at which moments exactly you get artifacts? I assume it's always the same place. And what players did you use, what's your computer configuration? Why I'm asking because I have the same problems with other my own-made long videos, and don't know why. If you can, try 1.5 gb file. If everything goes right I will probably re-convert the fullhd-video with different parameters.

Sorry for late reply, was out of town for the weekend :)
I always get a bit of lag at the start, when it changes from the DxM logo and the video starts. Other than that its just more or less random trough the video. This was with VLC. Currently running a Pentium dual-core 3Ghz, 6GB ram, GeForce GT320 (I know, this is a pretty low-end card, but you'd be surprised at its performance).

I suspect my problem might be the graphics card, but then again it has never offered me any problems at all, neither at gaming nor watching HD videos, its only this format that keeps annoying me :|