Author Topic: Individual song ratings of teh album  (Read 11927 times)

Offline funkaDeena

Re:Individual song ratings of teh album
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2004, 03:06:05 pm »
Yeah well, what's over the top are quite individual...or you mean over the top of what's mainstream? ah ok, got it :P
Resistance is not futile, it only pisses people off :)

Smeagol

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2004, 03:08:32 pm »
you understood that? wow...people understand me...there really IS a first time for everything  :D

Offline funkaDeena

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2004, 03:24:31 pm »
You want me to tickle you some more, my master of sarcasm and itchy hormons? :D Only kidding of course :-*

Offline vanti

• Im the Protogandist!
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2004, 11:19:20 pm »
Duality is the key.. soft AND rough.. they need each other to make eachother more clear..
//Vanti - "Don't quote me on this!"

Offline spirit.of.fire

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2004, 10:45:26 am »
It wasn't meant as criticism, you seem to have taken it like that. Afraid of getting too soft? Because I suggest that she could participate more it doesn't necesserily mean that....aaww...what the hell.... :P you can be so square and one dimensional that it amazes me...but I love you anyway ;D

Offline funkaDeena

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2004, 11:08:58 am »
you understood that? wow...people understand me...there really IS a first time for everything  :D
I'm very happy for you :D

Smeagol

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2004, 12:12:34 pm »
another first.... ;D

Offline Ashe

• ashefire.net
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 08:30:07 pm »
I'm just going to post my top 3, mainly because I can't make myself decide which was the 'worst'.

1 - Flagcarrier - The closest thing to a 'perfect song' I've ever heard.
2 - Tempus Fugit
3 - Insiduous
RF Info - Information about the upcoming MMORPG RF Online
http://ashefire.net/rfo/

Offline Ratti

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2004, 02:26:17 am »
I think it's pretty hard to order the songs on the album, at least after the top 5 probably... but even those are hard... let's just say the songs i like the most are:

Insidious (but i still don't exactly know what the introgirl is saying...)
Super Steve
Machinae Prime (nobody seems to like it much T_T it's soo great...)
Flagcarrier (was anybody else reminded of final fantasy 6? XD)
and Ninja...(oO the chorus oO)

that doesn't mean i dislike the other songs, of course ^^
i love to hum along with player one =)
and dreadnaught, return to snake mountain, deus ex machinae, ... are all great, too...

Offline Z01db3rg

• Player One
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2004, 12:57:16 am »
I was a little disappointed at first when I heard the album but after some serious listening (I went to southern Germany in a car with only a cd-walkman and Deus Ex Machinae) I've been giving it some seconds thoughts.

I'll give you my top14:
14. Deus Ex Machinae
Sorry, but I have to say that I really dislike the chorus in this one. And that's bigtime. The opening riff is pretty cool... that's all.

13. Tempus Fugit
Pretty okay to listen to, but nothing that gets to your mind. I can never remember how any part of this song sounds.

12. Killer Instinct
Also a little bit of a boring song, I think. To soft for me or something.

11. Super Steve
First this song was like THE disaster, but it got better every time I heard it. I actually find it quite cool now, mostly cause of the lyrics and the guitarsolo.

10. Machinae Prime
A good track, although this one also kinda just slipped through my mind. I think I need to listen to it some more.

09. Blind Dog Pride
Nice intro, nice lyrics. The rest isn't too good, but it's pretty good. You got to love the metalriff in the middle of it.

08. Return to Snake Mountain
Now, we're getting to the serious stuff. This song is fast and good, although the sound of the snare is really boring. A nice fast solo here too, although it could need some more practise.

07. Player One
This is a great song, actually. Nice opening, nice lyrics, really nice solo. Everything with this song is good, just not too good. Too good to give it a higher rank that is.

06. Throttle and Mask
I love the opening, it got lots of Nintendofeeling and also power when the guitars starts to play as well. The chorus is cool too. But a little wierd middlepart of the song. Hate to bring it down though.

05. Dreadnaught
Really cool opening/chorus riff. Cool lyrics on this one aswell, a little thin solo, but it's the risk with not to much chords in the solo. The vocals could've been better.

04. Ninja
I kinda consider this song as a little bit out of style, but it still rocks. I like the guitarmelody that's everywhere in the song. The vocals are great as well as the lyrics. And the solo is really great too.

03. Insidious
This song is really great, although I don't really know what makes it so great. Easy and good melodies and cool riffs would probably make it. The instrumental part of this one is one of the greatest things 'bout the whole album.

02. Flagcarrier
You got to love this track, it's just beautyful. And that's very beautyful. Really neat keyboard, ac. guitar, drums. The vocals and the melody really rocks as well as the outro. And the girl that sings the "In the far, twilight awaits, opens up to embrace" is awesome.

01. Attack Music
Call me conservative, but I've always loved this song. It made me listen to Machinae in the first place. And it still rocks. The new faster version is as good as the old one, even though I miss the Futurama-opening. Always loved the guitarduet. And the whisperpart. And the chorus. And the verse. And the rest.
It's a masterpiece.

When I say a good song I mean like 7/10.
I really love the piercing heavy bass sound that's on this album. Overall, it's a great album.

I really love the old songs too.
Especially Earthbound, Hero, Follower, March of the Undead (pt.2) and Bouff.

Keep up the good work!
Now open your mouths and show me your brains.
This is my favourite time of the day.
Well, there it goes.
http://www.linusstaaf.com

Offline OuTpuT

• Lex Luthor
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2004, 08:00:48 pm »
Now open your mouths and show me your brains.

GAAAAAAh! :O

Can you see it?
Not my brain 'cause that I don't have any but did you see the other stuff?

Offline Trezker

• Machinae Prime
  • I don't eat food!
    • Trezker is a programmer
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2004, 12:56:58 pm »
You mean the piece of a mazarin connected to some kind of electronics???

You have the power of TIME ON YOUR HANDS. -Laser
"Oh come on Trez, everyone knows you're sexy" -Spider Chii

Offline OuTpuT

• Lex Luthor
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2004, 03:08:45 pm »
L0L! nooo...it's a minitrez!! :D

Offline ibmman85

• falling into the wired....
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2004, 08:36:59 am »
machinae prime rocks!! insiduous rocks too.. i listened to that like 10 times yesterday on the second machinae prime listening today right now

Offline Karva

• my avatar was a bit too big :)
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2004, 02:06:23 pm »
I got the album yesturday so i havnt listened it many times yet. I write down MY opinion of the songs when i get used to them better.

Insidious
At the moment this song is my favourite. I like the SID-things (for example 0:39 ->) very much, there are few small things that make me love machinae. Sids are one of them. At Insidious, Robert sings totally awsome, the way i havnt heard before. :) I especially love the part: so far from who we are, beneath our hidden scars, so far from where we once were, save me from this dark and twisted avatar, lead me back to where we were. The other band is doing good job too. The orchestral part works great, the song is living and doesnt turn boring at any time.

Super Steve
At first, i thought this sucks ass, but it works better and better every time i listen it. It's maybe not super cool song to play, but guitarists make great performance. Solos work quite well. Lyrics are super. We've got some freak potential but that's just great Very good song but needs to be listened many times.

Dreadnaught
Begins with nice guitar riff. Drums are great too, normally i dont even notice drummer but now it has something. :) Guitars make nice groovy things in this one. And Bass part from 2:40-3:00. This song could be Theme of some action movie, it has something from Blues Brothers. ;D Robert sings well but could do better. I'd put this to my own Machinae album :)

Thx zoidberg, i cant see diffenrence between violin and drum.
More incoming when i have time to write & listen
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 01:44:17 am by Karva »
Rofl i had stupid mistake at my sig for weeks, i hope you didnt notice it ;P